I'm Your Mama (Not)

I'll be Your Mama, Sweetheart

Lily just finished writing notes on Haru's file and was about to leave the room when a weak grip on her coat stopped her. 

"Mama..."

Haru's small voice tightened the doctor's chest with sadness. She faced the fragile little girl on the bed and took the small hand that was holding her coat. Lily wiped the tears that were rolling down the girl pale cheeks and smiled softly at her while holding back her own tears. 

"Baby girl, why are you crying? Are you in pain anywhere?" Lily asked Haru.

The girl shook her head. "Mama don't leave again," Haru quietly said as she stared at Lily with her teary eyes.

Little kids are Lily's biggest weakness. And watching a very cute little girl like Haru, crying so sadly and calling her "mama" was making the doctor so emotionally upset that all she wanted to do at that moment was to hug Haru tightly and make her smile again. She knew she shouldn't being do this; getting too attached to her patients but she really didn't have the heart to tell Haru that she was not her mother. So, she did what she shouldn't be doing; going along with Jeon Haru's belief that she is her mother.

Lily bent down and kissed Haru's forehead. She then looked into the girl's eyes. "Mama has to go and make other kids feel better too, like my baby girl here. But Mama promise to come back soon."

Haru slowly smiled as she offered her pinky finger to Lily. "Mama promise?" 

Grinning, Lily intertwined her pinky finger with Haru's. "Promise. Now, my baby girl need to rest so she could get better soon."

Haru nodded before slowly closing her eyes. Lily kissed the little girl cheek again and smiled when she saw Haru's happy expression. She turned around to continue her ward round only to see a very good-looking man leaning on the door. Lily could feel her face was getting warm from the embarrassment of having this stranger watching her interactions with Haru just now. Trying to save her face, Lily straightened her posture and put on her professional face expression. 

"Excuse me, are you related to this patient?" 

With his poker face, the man stood straight and then walked towards the doctor before stopping an arm away from her. He then extended his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, Haru's father."

Lily wished that the ground would open up right there and then to swallow her whole.