Bumping into Your Life

I'll be Your Mama, Sweetheart

"Unnie... Stop stabbing the poor noddles..." Holly said softly to the moody Lily.

Snapping out of her upset thoughts, Lily pouted at her younger sister's words before mumbling a quiet apology to her. Sighing, Holly put down her chopsticks and grabed her sister's free hand. Her younger sister's gesture caused Lily to move her sight from staring at her uneaten spicy seafood noodles to staring at her sister's worried face. 

"You know you can always tell me anything, right?" Holly said while gently squeezing Lily's hand. Sighing, Lily changed the direction of her blank stare from her favorite bowl of noodles towards her lovely sister face. She couldn't help herself but mirroring the soft smile grazing Holly's face albeit hers wasn't as soothing as the younger's. 

"I'm so sorry for ruining the mood of our weekly bonding time. It just something from work is really bothering me," Lily said, looking apologetic towards her companion that night.

Untangling her hand, Holly reached for her older sister's cheek and playfully pinched it. "Sharing problems is also a good way to bond, my dear prideful big sister," Holly said cheerfully as she giggled when Lily glared at her as the doctor tried to pry her sister hand away from abusing her poor cheek. 

"Ugh.. now my face is gonna look like a half-face blob fish," Lily groaned, pretended to be annoyed but failing big time as her dull expression was slowly being replaced by a genuine smile forming on her lips.

"Ha! This is more like my scary-but-actually-a-goofy-and-total-softie sister," Holly said before chuckling happily as she watched Lily rolled her eyes at her little sister's words.

"But seriously unnie... You know you can talk to me about anything, right? I mean, I maybe can't really help much with your problem but I think you'll feel better if you have someone that can listen to your problems," Holly said as she stared into her sister's eyes, face filled with love and concern.

For a moment, Lily forgot about the reason she was upset in the first place. Her little sister words filled her soul with warm, cosy feeling that really made her felt much better than before. Holly might give her the worst headaches sometimes with her carefree and too-easygoing attitude but moments like these made her utterly grateful to have this kind, beautiful young woman sitting across of her as her one and only sibling. Lily reached out for her sister's hand.

"You know, I really love you, Holly."

Holly giggled as she squeezed back her sister's hand. "I know, unnie. You tell me that everytime you lectures me about not trusting other people so easily." Her laughed got a bit louder when a slightly offended Lily replied, "You ungrateful brat, I'm just looking out for you, okay?" before Holly quickly cut in. "Yeah, yeah, I know. You just being the good unnie that you are. BUT, we're now talking about YOU," Holly wiggled her eyebrows. "So stop trying to change the topic, Dr. Han."

"I'm just expressing my love towards you, my dear sister, and this is how you repay me? By playing around with my delicate feelings?" Lily sighed dramatically.

Rolling her eyes, Holly picked a dumpling and stuffed it into the drama queen's mouth. With the sudden dumpling attack, Lily forcefully shut up as she ungracefully chewed and swallowed the delicious beef dumpling. She glared at Holly who shrugged nonchalantly. "I swear you're always trying to kill me with food."

"Good that you know, unnie. Now, can we all get to the part where you tell me the reason you're stabbing your favorite noodles just now as if they have framed your seven generations with treason to the country?" Holly asked as she picked a dumpling for herself.

Lily shook her head as she laughed a little. "You and your over the top analogy." She looked down at her bowl and pouted, "My poor jjampong.. all because of that one rude, annoying man."

"So, it was a man that ruined your day? Well, that's nothing new. I got worried for nothing," Holly said before she suddenly yelped in pain. She rubbed her arm that had been the victim of her sister's fury hand and glared angrily at her. Lily just stuck out her tongue. "You deserve it for being such a brat."

"Well, I mean, you can't say I'm wrong. You ALMOST ALWAYS have issues with men." Holly stopped when she noticed her sister's face darkened and her eyes dropped down, staring into her bowl again. Alarms went off inside Holly's brain when she suddenly noticed a drop of tear falling from her sister's eyes. "Unnie... Please don't cry... I am sorry."

"You're right, Holly... I always have issues with men. You know why?"

Lily looked at her sister with a sad smile. "Because most of the man that I have met in my life have hurt me and eomma and you and every person that I love."

Holly about to open to say something but Lily pulled out her card and gave it to her sister. "Please pay for this. I'll wait in the car."

In her rush to leave, Lily had unfortunately bumped into a hard chest, causing her to lose her balance. Closing her eyes, Lily was ready to feel the impact of her body hitting the hard floor. But strangely, that painful sensation never happened. Instead, she felt a pair of arms holding her waist and a very nice, familiar scent flooding her sense. Her sister's panicked voice snapped from her fuzzy thoughts, causing her to open her eyes.

"Unnie! are you okay?" Holly quickly stood up to help her sister but an expression of relief crossed her face when she looked at the man who was tightly hugging holding her sister. "Jungkook oppa! Thank God it's you!"

Lily was sure her face perfectly mirrored the expression etched on the man's face that was currently hugging  holding her as both of them finally grasping the light of their situation; pure shock. 

That moment, Lily just want to forget about the fact that her sweet little sister has just called the reason for her bad day "oppa" and desperately wished for the earth to open up and swallow her whole, forever.