Chapter 1

Mine and my only sunshine!! (2jae)

Youngjae’s peaceful sleep was interrupted by the loud sound of his alarm clock. He slowly reached his hand out, try to turn his phone off. But the next thing he could hear was thud and he knew he knocked his phone down but Youngjae couldn’t care less. The only thing on his mind was to get a bit more sleep. As he was trying to get some shut eye, he heard someone knock on his door. Since Youngjae did not reply, the person barged in, startling Youngjae. 

“Hyung, what do you want this early in the morning,” he asked Jackson, his hyung/best friend he knew from childhood/ roommate. They had three years’ different , but to be honest, Youngjae was way more mature than Jackson. 

“Yah, get up or you're going to be late for school” Youngjae can tolerate anything but Jackson’s nagging. He quickly got up from his bed and got dressed. Jackson was already dressed and standing by the door.  Youngjae was about to walk out the door when he was stopped by Jackson.

“Aren’t you going to eat any breakfast” Jackson knew what the other was going to say but that’s not going to stop him from asking.

“Hyung, you know I’m late, do you think I will eat” Youngjae gave him a sarcastic look as he pushed his hand away and walked out the door.

“Fine, at least eat this” Jackson was holding an apple and slowly extended his arm to Youngjae. He shot him a smile and gratefully took the apple. Sometimes Jackson was the best friend someone could ever have.


They reached the school with five minutes to spare. Youngjae waved a quick bye to Jackson and raced to his class. Youngjae sighed as he stopped for breath before running again. He reached class just in time. He took his usual seat at the back and took his books out. Next to him was Yugyeom, they knew each other since the start of the year and soon became really good friends. 

It has only been fifteen minutes since his first lesson started and Youngjae was already spacing out. He slowly closed his eyes and tried to catch some sleep he lost that morning, but soon a whiteboard marker came flying, straight at him.

“Youngjae-sshi what do you think you are doing” Youngjae lifted his head to see all of the class staring at him as well as the teacher. “Please focus, your exams are coming up soon,” she said. Youngjae bowed an apology and tried to focus, but again his eyelashes felt heavy and his eyes were soon closing. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the board. 

------------------------------------------------


The bell rang which indicated lunchtime, Youngjae lazily walked out of his class, his blazer loosely hanging on his shoulder. He made his way to the school cafeteria, were him, Jackson and Yugyeom would always eat lunch. He walked through the cafeteria doors and found Jackson and Yugyeom sitting at the usual table, at the far back. He waved at them as he made his way to the table. He was slowly scrolling through his phone and didn’t see a figure was heading the opposite way. The collided, making both fall back on the cold floor. Youngjae looked up to see who it was and he couldn’t believe his eyes. In front of him, stood the biggest playboy and bully in the school, in other words, Im Jaebum. He was also filthy rich, smart and good looking. Fear washed over Youngjae as he slowly stood up and brushed away the dirt. He saw Jaebum stand up and behind him was his friends standing there, glaring at Youngjae. 

“I-I'm sorry” Youngjae stuttered as he looked up to see Jaebum reaction. But the only thing Jaebum did was push past against Youngjae and walked away. When he reached the table, Jackson’s and Yugyeom’s faces were filled with worry.

“Yah, are you okay,” Jackson asked as he put Youngjae’s lunch tray down which he saved for the other.

“Y-Yeah I'm fine” Youngjae replied, fear still evident in his tone. Jaebum in someone everyone should be scared of. He as an ice-cold face and sharp glares which makes chills run down your spine. Youngjae sighed as he took hold of his chopsticks and started eating. Lunchtime soon finished and everyone was hurrying to their next class. Youngjae sighed again as he made his way to the lockers to get his books. There he saw Jaebum and his friends kicking and punching a kid. Youngjae couldn’t do anything but watch. He knew he would get beat up if he interfered. He slowly opened his locker, but it was shut back by a strong hand.

---------------------------------------

A/N- This is my first fanfic ever and I hope everyone enjoys it. English isn't my first language so I'm really sorry for any mistakes. Thanks for reading!! Bye💗