Chapter 7

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook’s POV

 

Jin hyung still hasn’t accepted Soeun, I knew that it would take time since he opposed it from the beginning. I’m grateful he at least tried during the dinner before.

What can I do to actually help though?

Thoughts as such kept me awake that I eventually felt hungry and had to go out to help myself. It was cold, but I couldn’t be bothered to wear some clothes, no one’s gunna be awake and out there at this time.  The stillness in the air was familiar space, I sneaked out for food before as well.

I was about to take my first bite from the apple but the lights flicked on with a loud CLICK startling me.

“HOLY” I half whisper-yelled when I met face to face with this bundle of blanket that has a head sticking out except you can’t even see the head cause there’s hair everywhere.

“What the…” the blanket monster said.

Then it hit me.

 

The blanket monster is Soeun.

I’m half .

She just saw me half .

What do I do now?

 

I stared back at Soeun as she did the same.

She’s actually kinda cute wrapped up like this…

 

“Are you cold?” I suddenly blurted out. Feeling the blush on my cheeks and the heat rise and rise, I couldn’t deal with it anymore-so I ran. Jumped straight back into my bed and snuggled in the blankets.

Jeon Jungkook, you ing idiot.

Yet somehow morning came in the blink of the eye.

“Get up! Get up! Time for breakfast, don’t wanna look bad in front of Soeun now do you?” Jin peered at me while I flipped the blankets over my head.

“Give me 5 minutes” my muffled voice yelled, hoping to prepare myself before I face the embarrassment I made of myself a few hours ago.

By the time I dragged myself out- fully clothed this time, everyone was at the table about to dig in.

“Nah, we’re schedule free today” I heard Namjoon tell the other guys.

“Oh hey Jungkook, finally decided to come out and eat I see” Jimin teased.

“hmmph” I blew at my fringe that stuck out on my forehead, and soon made eye contact with the one person I wanted to avoid.

 

I felt the eyes bore into me as I reached for the water jug, and it was only when I started gobbling down the breakfast that that feeling went away. I looked back up to see Soeun sitting there quietly, taking a drink every now and then.

 

“When do you have to go to work today?” Taehyung asked the girl,

“Ehh, I think we don’t need to because of the Lunar New Year coming around”. The rest of us were only reminded of the occasion by her comment, nodding along.

“Let’s hangout then!” he squealed, but what made us all surprised was her reply to Taehyung.

“Yea sureeee” she replied in the same tone.

 

Why do they seem so close, what?

“Hyung, don’t you have to go to the office today to take the spare clothes you and Hoseok hyung left behind from last time?” I asked, suddenly remembering the errand they had to run.

 

“Oh…well I’ll come back and we can hang out tonight!” His deflated spirits were raised high again, and she nodded clearly having gone through the same rollercoaster stages as Taehyung has.

 

“Jungkook just chill with Soeun before Taehyung comes back, I’m gunna go shopping with Jin we’re running out of toilet paper…” Namjoon ordered. Well looks like I have to face fears now or never.

 

“Yea you kids do whatever I’m gunna sleep some more” Yoongi dragged his feet to his bed.

“Right. So what do you wanna do?” I asked her, Soeun’s comfortable self that she had displayed with Tae was all gone. Do I say something about it now?

 

“About last night…” She started off, getting there before me. I started to panic but managed to quickly calm myself down.

“Oh that. Um. Sorry about that last night, I couldn’t sleep and just wandered out wanting to get some water and I nearly forgot that you could be awoken and um I’m sorry this had to happen on your first night here with us I swear I’m not like this all the time.” I gasped for air having basically said all that in one breath huffing and puffing a little dramatically. I looked up again to find an angel’s smiling face.

“It’s alright, I was gunna apologise for scaring you with my messy hair that’s all” she chuckled. Wow, so beaut-

“Let’s watch some TV though” she moved on so quickly leaving me to wonder why this was something I worried about for hours.

“Yea sure, what shows do you like?”

“Hmm...I don’t know honestly, I hardly ever watched TV. Work and stuff you know”

After hearing that I flicked across the channels, trying to read Soeun’s face to see if she was interested in anything, and it got to Happy Together when she sat up so I left it there.

 

“How about we have some small talk while we watch then” I suggested hoping to get to know her more.

Our topics ranged from which fruits we liked to what if you had to chance to be another species of animal, all through which I found her laugh so melodic and twinkling.

 

It was probably my fault that I stopped hearing that gorgeous sound too.

“…and once Yugyeom came to pick me up so we could go get dinner together it was actually the best day during that entire week”

When I finished my sentence I look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter