Chapter 6

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung (V)’s POV

After that eventful and surprising encounter at the café, the 7 of us scurried home, hardly saying a word, Jin was the first to speak up before all of us went to bed.

“Yah Taehyung, when did we all agree to let her stay with us? We don’t even know her.”

“Shouldn’t we at least try to help her?”

I headed to my room after that slightly aggravated.

In fact it bothered me quite a bit so I woke up at 5am going out for a walk just to clear my mind up. I found myself unconsciously walking towards the café from yesterday.

Kim Taehyung, do you seriously want to help that girl this badly?

 

Call it fate or just pure coincidence, but she appeared in front of my eyes.

A small body shivering in the harsh coldness of February, still holding onto her bags. At least she was wearing a thick coat.

 

I felt the hot packs in my pocket, and took all 4 of them out.

She must’ve been very tired even in this weather, because when I moved her hands to her pocket and stacked the hot packets in, she didn’t move an inch. I thought she might’ve fainted cause of the cold.

 

Slowly more light seeped into the town, and more people roamed on the streets going to work, school and wherever else they could go.

By 7am this girl, So-Eun wasn’t it? She started to move around and soon her eyes flickered open, probably still unclear of her surroundings. Her hands began to dig further into the pockets of her jacket and I chuckled knowing how great the warmth must’ve felt.

 

The smile on my face never met Soeun, and her squinted eyes stared into mine deeply.

Brrr I shivered a little that was quite intense.

 

“Oh, it’s you again”

That sounded a lot less excited, thankful, happy and positive in anyway than when I imagined it.

 

“Um, yea...I walked past here and saw you like 2 hours ago.” Not knowing what to say I only told what actually happened.

 

“Right. Sorry, I’m just really tired right now and as you’ve seen yesterday I have so many problems. My tone may be a little insulting and pissed off.”

She brought it up herself Kim Taehyung.

 

“Ah yesterday’s events. It’s okay, I actually was a little bit too shocked to hear everything that lady said” I genuinely only remember how I was busy containing my coughs after choking on my sweet drink.

“But can I ask something? Why do your shoes look so damn familiar?” I went straight ahead asking them questions.

 

It took some time but I did receive my answers

“These shoes, they’re from some old people in my life.”

 

It was only then it clicked in my mind. I swore I heard about it when the lady was shouting at her too.

“I think I’ve seen them in Mark hyung’s Instagram photos. You’re the girl that was with them? Aren’t you!?” I started getting excited, then I realised she left them already and I had nothing else to say.

It was an awfully long time when So-Eun had this pondering face on, but she did reply.

 

“Yea…I am. I gotta say you’re pretty observant to notice my shoes though, even their fans haven’t done that-yet. I think.”

 

Woww I stared in awe she was so cool about it, and she really is the one we were talking about.

I didn’t know what to say and I couldn’t control myself so I started laughing. Laughing so hard to the point I had to clutch my stomach and tears formed in my eyes.

Another voice joined me soon after and we laughed and laughed for at least a minute straight without a reason.

 

We didn’t need an explanation, this was merely a way to communicate and when it died down I got to what I thought of saying this whole time.

 

“So-Eun wasn’t it? I really meant it when I asked if you wanted to move in with us.”

I swear she would’ve noticed me holding my breath but maybe she ignored that.

 

“I know you mean it. I’m just not up for it, you guys all know how badly the last time a girl lived with idols went. I wouldn’t exactly like to experience all this again” She paused after realising the language she used but seem to wave it off.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter