Chapter 2

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung’s POV

Yugyeom and I headed out of the dorms to get some warm food, leaving JB behind since he was already sleeping.

“Jinyoung hyung, let’s just go to the convenient store for some ramyeon” Yugyeom suggested since the rain had started up again.

“Sure” I agreed, "Let me grab my jacket first though."

We jogged over as the rain got worse, regretting the decision to not bring any umbrellas with us.

“Hyung! I just saw that girl fall over” Yugyeom suddenly yelled at me, it was only then that I focused on this petite girl, lying on the floor her clothes slightly dampened and dirty. The soles of her shoes seemed worn out and her hair was a mess.

“Let’s bring her inside the shop first” I ordered, bowing as we entered to the shop owner explaining that a girl just fainted outside his store. Just as he was about to call for an ambulance, she woke up.

“Are you okay??” Yugeyom helped her up to a seat gently instead of lying on the cold floor.

“Y-yea I am, did I fall?” She didn’t even know it herself. We nodded in response, asking where she lived or how we could contact her parents.

No answer.

No way, she can’t be one of those runaways can she…I’ve never met one. I thought then mentally slapped myself.

“At least tell us your name” Yugeyom said, still staring at this girl hoping to get some answers.

“Faith” I made eye contact with my partner and we knew we thought the same thing, ‘Is she a foreigner?’

“Either way, where are you gunna stay for the night?”

“I don’t know”

Giving each other another glance, Yugyeom and I offered to sneak her back into our dorms for one night, which surprisingly she agreed to with the tiniest nod.

For the rest of the night other than insisting she would take the sofa, Faith said nothing. We made sure she showered first, which didn’t take long for a girl and some warmer clothes to change into. For most the time, it felt awkward in the living room, with her just staring off into blank space.

At 10:30 we all went to our own bedrooms to call it a day, I’m sure it wasn’t just me Youngjae and JB who were talking about what to do about Faith, but we didn’t have many options. In the midst of the discussion, one of us stopped talking and we drifted off to dreamland.

Yugyeom POV

After having fallen asleep almost as soon as I hit the bed, I was awoken by accidentally rolling out and onto the floor at 2am in the morning- not the best thing in the middle of the night. I climbed back into bed only to find that I can’t sleep again, 20 minutes passed before I couldn’t stand it anymore and got up to get some milk in the kitchen.

As I walked into the living room, I became more self-conscious of the noise I made since Faith was probably sleeping. I got my mug and heated the milk, perfect for the winter that’s beginning and I sat on the side of the sofa that was unused.

“I don’t have parents” a voice suddenly said, I immediately jumped and looked around to meet with Faith’s eyes after adjusting to the darkness.

“W-what?” I responded, my heart still beating 120km per hour from the scare.

“I’m from an orphanage around 50 kilometres away from Seoul.” She continued, almost as if the recount was for herself. “It had to close down so I walked here and helped the other 6 younger children settle in the small towns we passed…” she paused, as I comprehended what I was just told, but Faith had more to say.

“I don’t know anyone, nor do I have a place to stay but you guys don’t have to keeping sneaking me here. Thanks for letting me sleep here tonight, I’ll lea-“I cut her off knowing what she would’ve said next.

“No, you’re not going anywh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter