Chapter 4

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Faith/So-Eun’s POV.

The information was settled, and all the guys were pretty mad. Especially Yugyeom, Jinyoung and Jackson. They tried to argue back at first,

“Why can’t we have a friend with us?”

“You’re telling us to ditch her because it’ll affect our popularity!?”

“SHE’S PART OF OUR FAMILY”

 

Eventually it was no use. I have also accepted it, it wasn’t GOT7’s fault, nor anyone else’s fault, and it’s just that life has to be like this. I can’t ruin what they’ve worked hard for these past years.

 

Within the next few days everything I’ve gotten use to the past 2-3 years took a 180 degree turn. I had to quit my café job, but they also gave me a reasonable amount of money to last at least a month. I also scored a new phone, I guess I should look at the positives?

Obviously I had to move my home as well, Park Jinyoung even personally helped me rent a small room in an apartment with a pretty ok family who had 2 daughters, so how could I get mad at this man for all this? All he’s trying to do is protect his business.

 

After my birthday passed, and Christmas was right around the corner, I moved. Not everyone could tag along so I bid farewell to most of them holding my tears back before going on the final car journey with the 2 people who found me.

Yugyeom had his hand on my head the whole time and Jinyoung simply nodded at me telling me it’ll be okay.

 

20 minutes went by quicker than I’ve ever experienced, and I rushed to get my luggage then waved off at the van that sped off. Even with the tinted windows I knew my two friends looked out from the back.

It was a huge déjà vu moment, something just similar 3 years ago when we had to leave the orphanage.

 

I sighed deeply and proceeded with my life as it has turned to now. As soon as I settled down with the new family who hardly spoke a word to me, I walked out into the streets to find a job.

Several stores wanted to hire, but every one of them rejected me.

I failed the first day

The second day

The third day, I didn’t bother keeping count as it took more than 2 weeks.

And one day, I found myself wandering near GOT7’s place, the area around that special convenient store, so I decided to test my luck.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, the sign up for hiring is still valid right?”

The boss looked up from his newspaper and stood up in silence.

“Aren’t you the girl that fainted a few years ago?”

Oh, so he even remembers that.

“Y-yeah, that was me” I nervously chuckled not knowing how else to answer.

“Ahh those boys who helped you were the idol singers weren’t they? They always come to get instant ramen, in fact they came last night!”

What can I even say…?

“You came with them too, before they debuted- that’s what I remember” the boss kept commenting.

“I did ahahahah, especially during the winter” those rainy nights when we weren’t bothered to cook…

“How can I say no when their friend is in need of a job then?”

Wait- doesn’t this mean I got hired?

“You can start tomorrow or even tonight, and I’ll be home eating dinner with my wife for a change.” The boss was really light-hearted and easy going, just as I remembered when Youngjae begged for some free fish balls.

 

I started work the very night, and was told that I could just grab a packet of whatever for dinner or as a snack if I wanted to. It was a pretty easy job, scanning items and doing cashier work. Mostly sitting down and stocking up if all the cola is brought by huge groups of noisy teenagers.

 

A few weeks later there was a storm again, and there were nearly no customers. My shift ended at 11pm, but I stayed back to eat a cup of ramen.

He offered it anyways, it’s okay if I eat! I convinced myself.

 

I must’ve forgotten to turn the sign backwards because at 11:15pm a soft knock came on the glass door- just as the noodles were cooked. Almost as if it was guilt for eating the food, I opened the door to serve this customer.

 

“Faith?”

Why does that voice sound so familiar?

I looked up to meet the dark brown orbs of the one and only Jinyoung.

“Since when did you work here? Wait no, god dammit we didn’t even get your number, just wait I’ll call the other guys down too” he blabbered on a bit flustered and surprised seeing me here.

 

It’s been quite a while alre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter