A Beautiful Disaster

Adventures with Nature

As water came inside the cave, Wonwoo, Seungkwan, DK, Minkyung, and Kyungwon were trying to cover it up with the tarp. The rain was rushing in so fast that Vernon had to quickly carry Nayoung out of her chair so she wouldn’t get swept away. Dino and the rest of the girls were trying to grab their stuff and put it as far away as possible from the water. After a few minutes, they were able to close the cave with the tarp.

“We need to make the tarp more stable, or else it will come off again.” says Minkyung.

“We can double up the tarp and hammer in more nails.” says Vernon.

“That’s a good idea, but I don’t think it’ll last.” says DK. 

The group was trying to figure out a way to keep the cave closed from the rain that will fight against the strong rain and wind. They wanted to use wood to build a door, but they need it for the fire. 

“How about we weave some wood that will be big enough to cover the cave and then hammer it on the outside of the cave.” Minkyung suggested.

“But we need the wood for the fire.” says Wonwoo. 

“Not this wood. I meant there are a lot of trees outside, we can just cut them down.” 

“But it is raining hard, Minkyung.” says Kyungwon.

“Then, would you rather wait for this tarp to be blown off again and get out stuff wet?” 

“Minkyung has a point,” says Nayoung, “At some point, the tarp won’t be able to keep the cave closed.” 

“Then, me and the boys will cut down the wood and you girls can just make sure that the tarp won’t fly away.” says Wonwoo.

“No, we’ll come with you too. It’ll be faster that way.” says Minkyung.

“The rain is strong and can hurt you guys again.”

“But we’ve been through it already and we are still okay. Kyungwon, Yewon, Yebin, and I will come with you.” 

“Fine, but you have to be with one of us. You can’t be by yourself.” 


The wood group decided to use the tent to keep themselves dry from the rain. They cut up the tents and distributed it out to the members. The boys were to cut the wood and the girls assist them by carrying it. After preparing, they headed out. 

“We’ll be right back.” says Minkyung. 
-0-
The members were able to get alot of wood despite the rain being a pain. Because they had good teamwork and a nice system of getting the wood, they were able to get a lot and finish quickly. No one got hurt, just wet. As Eunwoo opened the tarp, they quickly ran in with a loadful of wood.

“Wow, you guys were able to get a lot of wood.” says Nayoung. 

“Yeah, Minkyung’s method helped us get a lot of wood.” says Vernon. 

Minkyung chuckles and was being humble about her leadership and guidance. As they put the wood down, they took off their tent clothes and hanged it over the fire to dry. Sungyeon and Kyla were laying out the wood so it can dry up. Once everyone was settled, Kyungwon was cooking some food. 

“Hmm~ smells good Kyungwon unnie.” says Siyeon.

“Haha thanks. I found some of my stuff when we were getting some wood and I got some seasonings.” 

As Kyungwon finished cooking, she passed it around to the boys and the girls to eat. Everyone was in awe on how delicious it was. They were quietly eating, enjoying their delicious meal after a long time. 

“It’s really good Kyungwon. Thanks to this, my energy has risen!” says Dino. 

Everyone was laughing at him. Once they finished eating, they decided to start chopping the wood into thin layers so they can weave it. Minkyung assigned the boys to chop it and the girls will weave it. As they were working, Wonwoo was telling the girls their experiences when they were doing the music shows. He exposed DK doing something funny at one of the shows and the members were just laughing. 

“Haha DK sunbae-nim. Why did you do that?” asked Yebin. 

“I don’t know. I just wanted to say hi, but then it all went wrong.” he replied.

Each of them were telling each other stories and they were just laughing at all of them. They were having so much fun to the point they forgot that the rain was still going on. Also, they decided to sing some songs together and it  was birds chirping in their ears. They were singing some of Seventeen’s songs and Pristin’s song together. 

“It’s good that you guys are able to compose and write songs. In my opinion, having that ability as a singer, is truly a talented singer.” said Wonwoo. 

“I’m just glad that our CEO let us write out songs. He even let us write a song for our fans, which I am grateful for.” said Eunwoo.

“Didn’t you guys write another song for your fans? The one at the end of you concert before you debuted?” asked Seungkwan

“Ah yeah. “Another Promise” 

“Can you sing it for us? I haven’t heard it yet.” asked the boys

The girls began to sing “Another Promise” and it was beautiful. As they were weaving, they were singing and it helped the boys work harder to chop the wood. When they finished singing, the boys were in awe. Afterwards, the main vocalists in Pristin and Seventeen decided to harmonize “Lost in Love” by SNSD. It was beautiful. Before they knew it, they finished creating a cover for the cave. 

“Wow, we did a great job guys!” said Minkyung

“Yeah, let’s cover the cave now. Dino, grab alot of nails and hammer. Yewon, can you hand me the extra tarp please?” 

They put the tarp over the wooden cover, so water won’t leak through. Afterwards, the boys went outside to stabilize the cover for the cave. They were able to finish it quickly and they made sure that it won’t fly off. When they got inside, everyone was happy that they will be a bit more safer now and won’t have any problems. There was still a lot of wood left, so the boys decided to create a small area for the girls to change. They chopped wood and stacked it on top of each other to create a small room. As they finished, the girls were astonished.

“Wow~” they said.

Night was coming and everyone was feeling sleepy. As everyone started to fall asleep, Kyulkyung was making sure that Nayoung was feeling okay. Although she was injured, she still helped out on weaving the wood. 

“Unnie, are you feeling okay?” asked Kyulkyung

“Yes, I’m doing fine.” she replied. 
Kyulkyung grabbed Nayoung’s hand and stood up. “Let’s go.” 

“Where?” 

“To the small room. We need to treat your bruise so it can get better.” 

“You don’t have to…”

“C’mon.” Kyulkyung said with a straight face. 

Nayoung stood up and Kyulkyung was assisting her to the private area. She laid Nayoung down on the sleeping bag and she went out of the room to heat up some hot towels and grab some cold towels. As she came back, Nayoung was already sleeping. Kyulkyung smiled and treated the bruise. She lifted her shirt and took off the bandage. The bruise was getting better, but she still needed to treat it. She alternated between the hot and cold towel, while pressing down on her rib. Then, she bandaged it again and went outside to grab a blanket. As she was grabbing a blanket, Vernon tapped her shoulder. 

“Here,” he said, holding his thick blanket, ‘It’s pretty cold over there so she needs something warmer. The sleeping bag and that blanket won’t keep her warm, especially when you aren’t near the fire.” 

Kyulkyung grabs the blanket and smiles at Vernon. “Thank you. You should sleep now. You’ve worked hard today. Good night.”

Vernon heads back near the fire and made sure everyone had a blanket. Afterwards, he laid down next to Dino and went to sleep.

Kyulkyung went back inside the small room and lays the blanket over Nayoung. As Kyulkyung tucks in the blanket, Nayoung grabs her arm. She opens her eyes and scoots over a bit for Kyulkyung to sleep in. Kyulkyung goes inside the sleeping bag, underneath Vernon’s warm blanket and she slowly falls asleep.

“Thank you,” Nayoung whispered, “for taking care of me.”

Kyulkyung opens her eyes, “Your welcome.” 

Everyone fell into a deep sleep. Despite the problems that happened, they were able to overcome nature and still have fun. They were singing and laughing and was just having a great time. The members finally had a good night’s sleep and rested well. 

-0-

It was morning and it was the fifth day. They were at the camping area for 5 days and it was raining heavily most of the time. Kyungwon was the first to wake up and she made breakfast for everyone. Because of the nice scent, everyone started to wake up. She passed out the food to the members and there were once again in awe. It was good. Kyungwon made soup and added her seasonings in it. After breakfast, Wonwoo decided to check if the rain stopped because they don’t hear any noise from the outside. Everyone went next to the “door” and saw that it stopped raining. The sun was out and everything was okay. It seemed like the sun was out for a while now seeing how the ground dried up. They were all happy that they could go home now and they decided to pack their stuff and go. Pristin and some Seventeen members experienced how it was like when nature becomes unexpected. However, despite having some problems, they still had fun working together and get passed through challenges as a team. 


Notice: Well this is the last chapter guys! I was able to finish this late at night. Thanks for reading my very first fanfiction. I’m glad that you guys enjoyed this story. Now, some of you guys may be wondering what I’m going to write next or most importantly, which pair am I going to focus on. I’m about to tell you right now…. The pair that I will be focusing on is…. Eunwoo and Kyungwon!!! Haha. I have been seeing them together lately and I was like, maybe  I should write about them. I’ll be posting the description and the foreword soon. Also, instead of posting a story every day, I decided to post one every other day or every 2 days, depending on my schedule. Also, does anyone know the ship name of Eunwoo and Kyungwon? Please comment down below. By the way, there will be some side pairs in the story as well, but i will focus it mostly on Kyungwon and Eunwoo. Anyways, thank you guys~