When Nature Strikes

Adventures with Nature

Seungkwan opened the tarp for the Pristin members and the 4 boys to get into the cave quickly. As they got inside, everyone was panting and was just tired. Seungkwan close the tarp and helped Wonwoo put Nayoung inside of the tent. She was crying and internally screaming. Nayoung had a painful expression and she couldn’t handle it anymore. Wonwoo place Nayoung down on the sleeping bag and he could see her struggling in pain. He was looking around her body to see where she was hurting. Nayoung’s hand was on her rib and Wonwoo knew that her bruise got worse.

 

 

“Nayoung noona, I need to check your rib real quick, okay?” Wonwoo said. “Which Pristin member can help me with your leader?”

 

“I’ll help you.” Kyulkyung said, despite being tired.

 

-0-

 

The boys were assisting the girls who were out there in the rain for the longest time. They handed out blankets and warm water. One by one, they started to wipe themselves off and cleanse themselves. After that, DK offered them some food and water, in which they needed. Vernon and Dino offered to clean up their wounded legs, but the girls declined. Kyungwon did it for them instead. She cleaned all of her dongsaeng’s injuries and bandaged it.

 

“Are you okay, Minkyung?” asked Kyungwon.

 

“Yeah, thank you.” replied Minkyung.

 

“Here, I’ll clean you injuries. Just rest, while I do this.” Kyungwon said. She was getting teary, but she was trying her best to not show it.

 

However, Minkyung notices and just patted her head.

 

“You guys must’ve been through alot.” DK said. “I’m sorry we weren’t there to help you right away. Nature was so unexpected.”

 

“Don’t worry about it. At least everyone is safe, for now.” said Minkyung.

 

The girls were eating the food that the boys prepared and stared at the fire, trying to keep themselves warm. They were traumatized from what happened. It was a nice, sunny day. Everyone was having a good time and enjoying their vacation, but then it suddenly started rain heavily, affecting the members. They were drenched and struggling to find stable shelter and a member got severely injured.

 

After eating their meal, the young ones were slowly getting sleepy. Kyungwon notices her dongsaengs are wanting to sleep, so she lays a few blankets on top of each other on the floor as a “bed.” She placed it near the fire so it can be warm.

 

“You guys should go to sleep now. You’ve been through alot.” said Kyungwon.

 

“How about you unnie?” asked Siyeon.

 

“I’m fine. I’ll just sleep on the chair.”

 

Eunwoo, Yebin, Yewon, Sungyeon, Siyeon, and Kyla all went to the “bed” that Kyungwon set up. Although they were near the fire, it was still cold. So they cuddled next to each other to gain body heat. Their blankets were all wet from keeping themselves warm after they were outside the whole time.  Vernon can tell that the girls were cold, so he grabbed his thick blanket from the tent and placed it over the girls. Slowly, each one of them fell asleep.

 

“Thanks Oppa~” Kyla said as she was slowly falling asleep.

 

Vernon smiled and he went to hang the wet blankets near the fire. Nature is scary he thought. After hanging the blankets, he went to sit down next to Minkyung and Kyungwon who was just reminiscing about what happened.

 

“Thank you Vernon.” said Minkyung.

 

“Anytime.” replied Vernon.

 

“You know.” Minkyung said as she was staring into the fire. “What’s happening now, Sungyeon dreamt of it.”

 

“What do you mean?” asked Dino.

 

“She had a nightmare last night, saying that this would happen, and that Nayoung Unnie was going to be in great pain.”

 

“Wow, that’s crazy. I’m surprised that it actually happened.” said Vernon.

 

“I know. We are all surprised. I didn’t expect it to happen and to be this worse.” Kyungwon said.

 

“Sungyeon must be traumatized then because she had to see it twice.” Dino said.

 

The 2 girls and the 2 boys sat around the camp fire, waiting for Nayoung. They were just staring at the fire, looking back at what happened. It was just a mess and they were stuck in the cave with the rain pouring heavily.

 

-0-

 

Wonwoo lifted Nayoung’s shirt and saw that her bruise became worse. The bruise didn’t look like it was originally, it was way worse. He was shocked and so was Kyulkyung.

 

“Oh gosh.” Kyulkyung cried, while covering .

 

“Seungkwan, grab me some warm and cold towels please. And DK give me the first aid kit.” demanded Wonwoo.

 

Seungkwan came inside the tent with some towels and he was shock when he saw Nayoung’s ribs. DK also came in and brought in the first aid kit. Nayoung was in so much pain that she kept moving around to make her stop thinking about the pain.

 

“Oh my goodness. Nayoung noona…” said DK in shocked.

 

“Guys, I need you guys to hold down Nayoung noona. Kyulkyung, try to keep her calm and hold her hand. This is most likely going to hurt.” Wonwoo said.

 

The boys held down Nayoung’s arms carefully, while Kyulkyung was holding her hand and brushing Nayoung’s hair. Kyulkyung was also in pain, seeing her unnie struggle and sacrifice her health for her members.

 

“It’s okay Unnie, you’ll be alright.” Kyulkyung said, who was trying not to cry.

 

Wonwoo grabbed the first aid kit and grabbed the “killing/cleaning the affected area” cream. He applied it to Nayoung rib carefully, but since the bruise was sensitive, it cause Nayoung in great pain. She was breathing heavily and was releasing painful moans. After cleaning the bruise, Wonwoo pressed the warm towel onto the bruised rib and Nayoung was holding back her screams. She arched her back but the boys were trying to keep her down. Wonwoo was pressing the towel on her rib for about a minute. Nayoung was breathing heavily and was crying in pain. She was clenching her teeth making sure to not disturb the other members. Kyulkyung was  crying, but she was trying her best to comfort Nayoung. After the warm towel, Wonwoo then placed over a cold towel and pressed it onto her rib. This time, Nayoung couldn’t hold back her screams and it echoed in the cave. The members woke up and was worried about their unnie.

 

“Nayoung unnie, almost there. We are almost done, okay? Hang in there.” Kyulkyung cried. She was caressing Nayoung’s face.

 

The warm and coldness of the towels should ease the pain of her ribs. Nayoung was breathing heavily and crying, however, she couldn’t handle the pain. Sooner or later, Nayoung stopped moving and crying. She passed out.

 

“Nayoung unnie? Nayoung unnie! Wake up.” Kyulkyung was gently slapping her face.

 

“Kyulkyung, it’s okay. Let her sleep so she won’t feel the pain.” said Wonwoo.

 

The boys let go of Nayoung’s arm and watched Wonwoo take care of Nayoung. Wonwoo kept switching from warm to cold towels on the affected area and finally bandaged the bruise. He carefully went over her stomach and around the back. He then told Kyulkyung if she can clean Nayoung’s body for the time of being, since she is sleeping. The boys left the tent and Kyulkyung started to clean her unnie. She grabbed the remaining towels and wiped off all the dirt. Once she was finished, she kissed Nayoung’s forehead and went outside the tent to cleanse herself.

 

-0-

 

As Wonwoo came outside of the tent, the girls looked at him with concern. He sat down in one of spots around the fire and just stared at it. He sighed and just closed his eyes for a bit. However, the girls were curious to what happened to her.

 

“How is Nayoung unnie?” Yewon asks.

 

Wonwoo opened his eyes. “She is sleeping or well she passed out from the pain.” replied Wonwoo.

 

“Is she going to be alright though?” Minkyung asked.

 

“Of course,” Wonwoo said, “Your unnie is a strong leader, so she can get through this.”

 

The girls all sighed in relief and Kyulkyung joined her members around the fire and sat next to Eunwoo. DK offered her some food and she ate it quickly. She was so hungry because she has been using her energy all day and she wasn’t eaten anything. Afterwards, she ended up falling asleep on Eunwoo’s shoulder.

 

“Kyulkyung must’ve been really tired.” said Eunwoo, “She saw her unnie struggle in pain. That’s the worse thing anyone can see.”

 

“Yeah, but she was strong too.” said DK, “She kept comforting Nayoung.”

 

After a while, the members slowly started to fall asleep around the campfire. They were all exhausted from taking care of each other. They hope that the rain will stop and that they will be able to go back home. Everyone has finally fallen asleep, except for DK and Wonwoo.

 

“Hyung. What do we do now?” asked DK.

 

“We have to stay here until the rain stops or until it is safe. It was a good thing that we brought a lot of stuff to keep us safe.”

 

“Yeah, the girls have been through a lot. I’m glad that we were here to protect them.”

 

“Yeah. I know.” said Wonwoo. “I’m going to check on Nayoung noona real quick.”

 

Wonwoo got inside the tent and he saw Nayoung sweating. He placed his hand over her forehead and felt that she had a fever.

 

“DK, grab me a cold and dry towel please.”

 

DK went inside the tent with the supplies he needed. Wonwoo placed the cold towel over Nayoung’s forehead and wiped her sweat away. Kyulkyung woke up from all the noise and went inside the tent to see what what wrong.

 

“Wonwoo oppa, what’s wrong?” Kyulkyung asked.

 

“She has a fever, so I’m cooling her down with a cold towel.”

 

“Here,” Kyulkyung said while taking her hand out to grab the towel. “I can do it for her. You should go rest and sleep. You’ve been working hard lately, but you need to rest now.”

 

“Alright, just wake me up if something bad happens to her okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

Wonwoo and DK went outside of the tent and fell asleep. Kyulkyung was wiping Nayoung’s sweat away and she was trying to keep her cool. However, Nayoung woke up and she was shivering.

 

“Kyulkyung... it’s cold.” Nayoung said.

 

Kyulkyung checked her forehead if she still had a fever and she did. She thought that Nayoung must’ve gotten the chills. Kyulkyung went outside of the tent to see if there was blanket. However, everyone was using it all and the blankets from before, were still wet. She decided to look around and see if there is anything she can use to keep Nayoung warm. She saw a long jacket that belong to one of the guys. Kyulkyung just grabbed it and placed it on top of Nayoung. However, it was not enough. Nayoung was still shivering and breathing heavily. Kyulkyung tried to think about what to do. She didn’t want to wake up her sunbaes because they have been through a lot too. She went outside of the tent real quick to see if she can find anything else that can keep Nayoung warm. Then she looked to her members and realized that body warmth was the best thing to do to keep someone warm. She went inside the tent and went inside the sleeping bag, underneath the long jacket and hugged Nayoung. She carefully place her arm around her stomach, making sure she wouldn’t hit the bruise. However, Nayoung pushed her aside.

 

“If you do that… you’ll get sick…” Nayoung said while panting.

 

“Unnie, it’s okay. You did a lot for me, so I’ll do this for you.”

 

Kyulkyung hugged her and kept her warm. She was rubbing her hands back and forth on Nayoung’s arms and later, Nayoung stopped shivering. Nayoung fell asleep in Kyulkyung’s arm and calmed down. Kyulkyung placed her hand on Nayoung’s forehead and she didn’t have a fever anymore. Kyulkyung fell asleep after a while. She was exhausted from the long day.

 

-0-

 

Few hours later, Seungkwan woke up and went to check on Nayoung. He saw Kyulkyung and Nayoung underneath Vernon’s jacket. He realized that everyone was using the blankets, so he grabbed his blanket and placed it over Kyulkyung and Nayoung. Seungkwan also grabbed the jacket and placed it over the blanket. He went outside of the tent and checked how it was outside. The rain was still pouring and thunder came in. After a few thunder strikes, everyone started to wake up, including Nayoung and Kyulkyung. They both went outside of the tent.

 

“Nayoung unnie. Are you okay?” asks Siyeon.

 

“A little bit.”

 

Kyulkyung assisted Nayoung to a seat and carefully placed her down. Although she was treated from Wonwoo, Nayoung was still in pain. Everyone gathered around the fire, while Seungkwan passes around the food. They try to eat in peace but the thunder still strikes around the cave. The thunder was so strong that the tarp has been dispatched from the opening of the cave. Now, the cave was opened freely to the rain, in which was starting to fill in the cave. The fire was burnt out and the group was trying their best to fix it, but the rain was too strong.

 

 

Notice: Hi guys! So this was a looong chapter. Well it had to be a long chapter because I was trying to put everything in detail, but that’s okay right? Anyways, as I have said from the last chapter, this story is coming to an end. I’m trying my best to finish each chapter everyday to update you guys, but there is a chance that I won't be able to publish one tomorrow. Events are coming up and I have to make sure it goes well. Also, I am currently outlining my next story and I have decided which pair I should focus on. I’ll tell you guys which pair I’m writing about at the end of this story. Have a great day~