Uphill or Downhill?

Adventures with Nature

Unnie… What do we do?” asked Sungyeon. She was the most scared right now because her nightmare became a reality. 

“Let’s find something that we go underneath so it can somewhat block the rain and we’ll figure it out from there.” 

All the girls followed their leader’s orders. It took almost half an hour to find something big enough to fit all 10 members and it was a tree.They climbed uphill just to find a tree. The member’s legs were all scratched up and it did not look pretty. The rain was still pouring hard and they were all in pain, especially Nayoung. The rain was hitting her rib really hard and it might have gotten even worse. She had an uncomfortable expression but she tried to hide it away. Nayoung covered it as much as she can but when she touches it, it hurts. However, she didn’t want her pain to hold back her members. So she looked at Minkyung. 

“Minkyung, in your opinion what do you think we should do?” asked Nayoung.

 

Minkyung looks around and tries to figure out what to do. She tries her best to look for a shelter but the rain was making it hard for her to see. However, she managed to see a cave that was all almost at the tip of the mountain. There was a smoke coming out from it. 

 

“I see a cave up there.” Minkyung pointed, “But it will be hard for us to get up there with the sand all mushy and there are steep hills that might be hard for us to climb.”

 

Nayoung was thinking about it carefully and was looking at her members. They were all soaked and being hit by the rain. All of them were tired and were haggard. Her condition wasn’t good as well. However, she didn’t want them to stay out here, so she decided to quickly climb up the mountain, but safely. 

 

“Leave some of your stuff here. Only take the things you need and we’ll be able to get to that cave faster. Everyone run, but be careful on where you step. Minkyung you lead the group and we’ll follow you.” Nayoung ordered. 

 

“Okay.” 

 

The girls followed Minkyung to the cave and ran as fast as they could. They tried their best to not give up. As they were heading to the cave, they encountered the steepest hill they could ever encounter. They tried their best to climb up the mountain. It was easy at first but as they get higher, the mushy sand was pushing them down.

 

“I can’t get up! The sand is too slippery to walk on. It is pulling me down!” yelled Eunwoo.

 

“Just try your best and don’t give up!” yelled Kyungwon. 

 

The girls are fighting nature with all their might and is trying to overcome this challenge. A few hours has passed by and they are only halfway there. There are still steep hills coming their way. Will they make it to the cave or will they be out in the rain?

 

-0-

“Hyung! What do we do? Our sisters are out there in the rain. We can’t just leave them like that.” Seungkwan said.

 

Wonwoo was thinking about what to do. He didn’t want s to get hurt and sick, but at the same time, they were sent out here to protect their sisters and to keep them safe. He thought about it quickly and decided to look for the girls. 

 

“Everybody, except Seungkwan, grab a flashlight. We are going to find the girls. I’m pretty sure they are all grouped up together so it wouldn’t be hard to find them. Seungkwan, you stay here. Minkyung is pretty smart, so she probably saw this cave by now. They should be heading this way and if they happen to get here, shoot a flare as a signal. There should be one in the first aid kit.” said Wonwoo.

 

Everyone grabbed the stuff they needed and searched for the Pristin members. Seungkwan decided to set the cave up for the girls and warmed up some water for them to drink. He put more wood inside the fire so it will be warm. Seungkwan knows that they are drenched by now, so he tried to keep the cave warm. He used a tarp and some nails to close the cave so the heat will last longer. The rest of the boys went downhill and were looking for the girls. They didn’t split up because if they did, it would be very dangerous. Wonwoo led the group and they yelled out each of the names of each Pristin member.

-0-

The girls were running, but they were struggling to climb up. They tried different methods to get up, but it required strength and energy. Minkyung tried to jump but failed and was slipping through the mushy sand. She accidently slid through Nayoung, making her fall on her, but as Nayoung fell on her, Minkyung’s elbow hit her rib and it just got worse. They both slipped but Yewon managed to catch them both.

 

“Ah!” Nayoung screamed in pain. 

 

Nayoung was in great pain. She was holding her rib and couldn’t handle the pain, but she knew she needed to endure. Minkyung got up and helped Nayoung too.

 

“Unnie! Are you okay?” Minkyung worriedly asked.

 

“Yeah, just hurry and guide us to the cave.” 

 

As they were climbing up the hill, they saw walls on the side. They decided to use the wall to get through the mushy sand. Using the wall worked, but now their arms were put into the test. Because they had to use their arms to get them through the sand, their stomach and chest was being stretched, which was not good for Nayoung. However, she is enduring and pulling through. Nature sure was making Pristin struggle. 

 

Finally, they got through the steep hill and was walking on flat land, but the sand was still mushy. As they were running, Nayoung was screaming. Nayoung was at her limit and she couldn’t handle the pain anymore. She fell down to the ground and was crying in pain. 

 

“Nayoung unnie!” Kyulkyung yelled and was holding her. “Unnie! Unnie? What’s wrong?”

 

“Unnie! Are you okay? We are almost there. Can you endure it a little bit more?” says Minkyung

 

Nayoung shooked her head and said no. The girls were all worried. They wanted to carry Nayoung but their arms are already weak from holding on to the wall. All of their strength was to get onto flat land. Rain was still pouring heavily and is still hurting the members. However, they heard a voice. 

 

“NAYOUNG! MINKYUNG! KYUNGWON! EUNWOO! YEBIN! KYULKYUNG! YEWON! SUNGYEON! SIYEON! KYLA!” 

 

Eunwoo saw someone coming towards them, but she couldn’t tell who it was. However, they needed help, so she just screamed for help. The person turned into a group of people and Eunwoo noticed it was the Seventeen members.

 

“Wonwoo sunbaenim! Help! Nayoung can’t get up!”

 

The boys ran up to the girls as fast as they could. Kyulkyung was crying and was asking Wonwoo to carry Nayoung into a shelter. Wonwoo carried Nayoung and immediately ran up to the cave. 

 

“Nayoung noona? Are you okay? Endure it a little bit more. We are almost at the cave.” said Wonwoo. 

 

Wonwoo was running as fast as he could. The Seventeen members helped the girls get up and guided them back to the cave. They ran as fast as they could. It was a terrible mess for Pristin. What will happen to Nayoung, the Pristin members, and the Seventeen members as well?


Notice: Hello! I’m back with another chapter. This was probably the most painful and intense chapter I have ever wrote. Although it was kind of short, it still had a lot of action and feeling to it don’t you think? I feel bad for Nayoung who was going through all this struggle. What will happen to Nayoung now? Will she get better or will her pain grow even stronger. In any case, fighting Nayoung! Please comment down below on what you think will happen and maybe some feedback on how the story is going so far. By the way… the story is ending soon :( Should I write another story? Please comment down below. I was planning to write a story focusing only on 2kyung.