Chapter 12

The Neglected Twin

Kyuhyun watched as Sungmin walked down of the stairs and out of their house. “Hyung, I know that you’re not asleep.” Kangin made no reaction or movement. “Hyung, Sungmin and I weren’t doing anything behind your back. We aren’t in a relationship. Sungmin is really a good person. He didn’t cheat on you even if he did entertain the thought of what it would be like if I was his boyfriend. It was me who kissed him, hyung. Sungmin admitted to entertaining the thought of kissing me back but he didn’t do it, hyung. He didn’t kiss me back. It’s okay if you don’t believe anything I said but just know that Sungmin really loves you.”

 

“I’m really angry at you, Kyuhyun.” Kangin sat up from his bed. “If you weren’t my brother, I wouldn’t entertain the chance of forgiving you.”

 

“I’m sorry, hyung.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth earlier?”

 

“I thought Sungmin would tell you but it turned out he didn’t. He’d rather sacrifice his relationship with you so that we’ll be on good terms again. He blames himself for ruining our perfect family.”

 

“We’ll talk again tomorrow, Kyuhyun. I have to catch up with Sungmin.” Kangin hurriedly changed his clothes and went outside to look for Sungmin.

 

No taxi had passed by so far so Sungmin took his time with walking. Kangin easily caught up with him because Sungmin wasn’t far off.

 

“Sungmin!!!”

 

Sungmin instantly stopped walking and turned around when he heard his named being called. “Kangin?” He looked at Kangin in surprised.

 

Kangin bent a bit with both of his hands on his knees as he needed to catch up with his breath. “I wasn’t asleep. When you left, Kyuhyun told me everything.”

 

“You should have worn a coat when you left the house. It’s cold at night.” Sungmin took out his scarf and wrapped it around Kangin’s neck.

 

“Up until now, why do you still keep things to yourself? Didn’t I tell you that I would prefer if you’ll talk to me?” Kangin scolded Sungmin a bit but his tone was far off from being angry. It sounded soft and tired.

 

“I’m sorry. I just did what I thought was good. It was my fault in the first place for spending too much time with Kyuhyun which lead him to falling in love with me and for neglecting you.”

 

“Idiot.” Kangin pulled Sungmin into a hug. “I’m sorry too. Next time, I’ll ask for an explanation and listen to you before I decide to get angry.”

 

“Thank you, Kangin. I’ve always been misunderstood but you’re the only person who always tries his best to understand me. I love you.” They stood like that, wrapped in each other’s arms trying to absorb as much warmth as they could.

 

“Are you really going back to stay at your own house?”

 

Sungmin nodded. “I think it’s about time that I should make peace with my family.”

 

“Okay but go back there tomorrow. Spend the night at my house. You’ll be disturbing their sleep if you decide to just suddenly show up in the middle of the night.” Kangin took a hold of Sungmin’s other bags. His other hand took hold of Sungmin’s hands as they walked back to Kangin’s house together.

 

By the window, Kyuhyun saw them. For the first time, he didn’t feel jealous at the sight of Kangin and Sungmin being lovingly together. For the first time, he was genuinely happy for them. He could clearly see how much Sungmin and Kangin were meant for each other so Kyuhyun simply accepted his defeat.

 

He even approached Heechul to tell him to stop flirting with Kangin. “Heechul, I think you’re really a beautiful person and there are a lot of people out there who would definitely love to be with you. Please stop wasting your time flirting and seducing my brother. He and Sungmin love each other very much.”

 

“So you’re Kangin’s younger brother. What’s your name?”

 

“Kyuhyun.”

 

“Okay, Kyuhyun. I’ll stop flirting with your brother if you go out with me instead.” Heechul found Kyuhyun quite handsome so he wouldn’t mind dating with Kangin’s younger brother instead.

 

Honestly, Kyuhyun wasn’t interested at Heechul but he decided to go with it anyway since it would stop Heechul from bother Kangin and Sungmin. Besides, he owes a lot of Kangin and Sungmin. “Okay.” Besides, Heechul was really beautiful and who would be stupid enough to say ‘no’ to such a pretty face?

 

End of Chapter 12

A/N: And the next chapter will really be the last chapter~ ^^. Comments please?