Chapter 13 (end)

The Neglected Twin

After school, Kangin helped Sungmin in moving his stuff back at Sungmin’s house. Sungmin’s parents and Sunny were being nice to them despite the awkwardness. Sungmin thought that Sunny was probably being nice because she already got herself a new boyfriend named Taecyeon so she’s not angry at Sungmin or Kangin anymore.

 

A week passed by since Sungmin had been living with his own family. Kangin was concern because Sungmin doesn’t look good lately. “Has your family been treating you well? You look quite tired and pale lately.” Kangin’s hand caressed Sungmin’s cheek.

 

“Yeah. They’ve been really good for me.”

 

“So what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing’s wrong.”

 

“Your face tells me otherwise.”

 

“There’s really nothing wro—“

 

“Sungmin…” Kangin said in a warning tone.

 

“Um… I miss you.”

 

Kangin raised an eyebrow. “Miss me? We see each other everyday.”

 

“Well, yeah but…” Sungmin started to blush. “I miss sleeping with you.”

 

“Sleeping with me?” Kangin asked with a teasing tone.

 

“I meant sleeping together in one bed and not !!!” Sungmin replied defensively. “For some reason, I just couldn’t sleep comfortably without your warmth beside me.”

 

“That’s why you really should tell me. Keeping all things to yourself is really not good for you.” Kangin patted Sungmin’s head affectionately before pulling him to a hug which eventually lead to Sungmin sitting on Kangin’s lap. “Starting tonight. Open your window every night so I can climb in your room and put you to sleep.”

 

“Okay.” Sungmin liked the idea.

 

Things were starting to get better in Sungmin’s life. He was no longer neglected. He finally knows what it feels like to have his family’s care and attention although his father still scolds him from time to time but Sungmin knows that he’s only doing that because he cares for Sungmin.

 

Sungmin spends a lot of time in the kitchen with his mother as they teach each other how to cook with different food and compare each other’s food or simply to cook food together.

 

It actually felt good to hear “Cute twins.” Because for the first time, Sunny and Sungmin went shopping together at the mall and a lot of people complimented them for being so cute together. Sungmin found out that Sunny was fun to be with and that it’s no wonder why she was popular at school and had a lot of friends.

 

Somehow Sungmin regretted the way he had been cold and mean to Sunny. They could have been close friends when they were kids if only Sungmin was just nice to her. He doesn’t know that Sunny had been feeling guilty for the past because she never really liked having a brother and always wanted to have everybody’s attention to herself.

 

But they’ve both changed now so they’re trying to find ways to amend to each other’s wrongdoings.

 

And also for the first time, Sungmin felt what it was like to have a family day. To go on camping or family outings or to simply go to an amusement park with the family.

 

There are random moments when Sungmin would suddenly say “Thank you.” To Kangin.

 

Kangin would ask “What for?” But the answer he would receive would either be a hug or a kiss or “I love you” from Sungmin.

 

Sungmin haven’t told Kangin how much he was thankful that Kangin appeared in his life because all the good things that happened to Sungmin started when he met Kangin and wouldn’t have happened if he hadn’t met Kangin.

 

He was also very grateful to Kangin, who continued to love him up until this very day and probably for a long time in the future. Sungmin doesn’t know how to express this and that’s why there are random moments when he would blurt out the words “Thank you”.

 

It doesn’t matter if Kangin thought that Sungmin was being weird again because Sungmin knows that Kangin will continue to love him anyway.

 

“You’re being weird again.” Kangin would say and Sungmin would just laugh. It doesn’t matter to Kangin if Sungmin was being weird because it’s good to see Sungmin being all happily weird and it’s nice to hear his cute laugh.

 

“Why the heck did I end up having a weird boyfriend?” Kangin would ask dramatically.

 

“Because you love me.”

 

“Yeah, I do.”

 

THE END

 

A/N: Yup, it finally ended.  How was I able to write such a long fic. I happened to be very stressed during the time I wrote the fic.  I wrote it one month before I was sent away to the mountain for 3 weeks to study without TV or internet, away from the world.  Then after those 3 weeks, I took the nursing licensure exam which I passed and after I passed, I had a hard time writing because I wasn't stressed anymore ^^;; But since I watched Goth and joined here in AFF, I'm inspired to write a lot again. ^^

 

Comments please?