Chapter 4

The Neglected Twin

After 24 hours, Sungmin was discharged from the hospital. But unluckily for him, Sunny and Kangin had to be the ones to fetch him. He sat at the back seat while Sunny was sitting beside the driver’s seat. Kangin was the one who did the driving.

 

“So Sungmin, how are you feeling?” Kangin asked in a friendly tone.

 

“My cheek hurts so I really don’t want to talk.” Sungmin replied.

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

“Sungmin, don’t be mean to my boyfriend. Kangin was just trying to be nice to you.” Although Sunny used her gentle tone of voice, it was not different from being scolded to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin really hated at the way Sunny said that Kangin was her boyfriend. At the same time, he was hurt as he saw the happy expression on Kangin’s face when Sunny proudly said that Kangin was her boyfriend.

 

For the next few days to come, Kangin kept on visiting and hanging out at their house. Sungmin was hated it when Sunny and Kangin goes all lovey-dovey and how their parents seem to be happy with Kangin as Sunny’s boyfriend.

 

Sungmin also started to hate Kangin because how could his family just easily accept him when Sungmin had always been ignored all these years?! But then again, he can’t deny that Kangin was just really a nice guy. Someone really easy to like… to love.

 

It bothered Sungmin whenever Kangin tries to approach him, to talk to him, to bond with him. Because whenever Kangin was being nice to him, Sungmin can’t help but think that he might actually have a chance to be with Kangin, steal him from Sunny and make Kangin his own boyfriend. That’s why Sungmin had to act as if he really disliked Kangin’s presence.

 

“Sungmin, what do I need to do to get your approval?”

 

“What approval are you talking about? You’re already dating my sister.”

 

“But you don’t seem to approve me as her boyfriend.”

 

“I really don’t care who she’s going out with. Why do you make it seem as if my approval or opinion is really important?”

 

“Because you’re her family so I want us to get along.”

 

Sungmin felt disappointed. What the heck was he expecting for Kangin to say anyway? That he wanted to get along with Sungmin because he’s interested in him? Of course not… Kangin used to like him as the fake Sunny and now, Kangin tries to befriend him because he’s Sunny’s brother. Sunny Sunny Sunny…

 

“You know what? I don’t even get along with Sunny or with my parents. Now, how can you even expect us to get along with each other? Even if we become enemies, my parents and Sunny would probably choose you over me so there’s really no point of us having to get along with each other.”

 

What Sungmin just said didn’t stop Kangin from trying to befriend him.

 

End of Chapter 4