Chapter 3

The Neglected Twin

Sungmin has friends at school and at the gang but they’re all just people who enjoyed having fun. They didn’t try to get to know more or try to be closer to Sungmin like what Kangin does. That’s why Sungmin grew to really like him… more than as a friend. Sungmin could tell that Kangin likes him back.

 

Because Kangin thought that Sungmin was Sunny. Because Kangin thought that Sungmin was a girl. Now, that’s a problem. Sungmin knew that when Kangin would know about the truth, Kangin would surely be mad at him and their friendship would be broken.

 

Sungmin decided to stop to be pretending to be Sunny and stopped seeing Kangin. Well, he didn’t completely stop seeing Kangin because he could see Kangin hanging out with his sister, Sunny… the real Sunny. It’s just that Kangin doesn’t see him… Sungmin.

 

“Sunny, I really like you. Will you go out with me?” Kangin confessed to Sunny right in front of their house.

 

Sungmin was able to witness it. He was hidden at a corner. He felt like screaming at Kangin and telling him that “It’s me that you like!!! Not Sunny!!!”. But of course, the truth was… Kangin had always liked Sunny even before he met Sungmin so when Sungmin pretended to be Sunny… Kangin surely only liked him as fake Sunny.

 

When Sunny and Kangin became an official couple, Sungmin went drinking that night. When his bottle of beer became empty, he broke it, picked up a shard and slashed his right cheek so deeply so that nobody would ever mistake him as being Sunny again. He was bleeding very badly that his friends had to take him to the hospital. His cheek needed stitching.

 

His parents, Sunny and even Kangin went to the hospital. Instead of being concern, his parents scolded him. “Sungmin, you’ve really gotten out of control!!! Maybe you should just quit school and start working because you don’t seem to be taking your studies seriously and you’re just always getting into trouble. Do you have any idea how much money was wasted because of you?!?!”

 

Usually, Sungmin would talk back which would lead them into a huge verbal fight. But right now, Sungmin was hurting way too much than usual. All he could focus on was how Sunny and Kangin were holding hands right in front of him. Maybe it was also because that he was drunk that all he did was break down and cry in front of them.

 

END of chapter 3