Chapter 7

Bully | Jungkook

Mira POV 

 

It's been a month.

 

Yup, it's been a month since I slapped Jungkook.

 

And I don't regret it a bit. 

 

I think.

 

In this crazy hectic month, I have been ignoring Jungkook as much as possible. It's not that I haven't seen him at all, I have, but it usually ends with a fight. I can't even remember the last time I had a proper chat with him.

 

And I don't want one.

 

That day when I slapped Jungkook and hid in the janitor's closet, a lot of things went through my mind. A lot. And I eventually came to a point when I was wondering what I really felt for him. 

 

I thought that I loved him.

 

Haha, even just thinking about the thought made me want to laugh before, but at that moment, the feeling felt real. Real enough to actually believe that I had fallen in love with the worst possible person that I could love.

 

And I felt the worst I ever could when I realized it. It made my stomach churn and my head all woozy, because I knew that loving him was wrong. 

 

Wrong from the second I had realized it. 

 

Wrong from the minute I wanted to love him.

 

Wrong from the moment that I debated if I should or shouldn't want him.

 

In the end, I decided I would not love him. Ever.

 

I would not want him. 

 

And that I would no longer try to find out what my feelings are for him.

 

That's it. 

 

But even I knew, that deep down I wanted him bad. Really bad.

 

So now here I am, forcefully dragged along to my cousins marriage, trying to forget the one person I promised myself not to think about.

 

Yet I'm still thinking about him. 

 

"You look beautiful, noona," Min Kyu grins broadly.

 

I softly smile back, "thank you."

 

Taking one last worried glance at me, Min Kyu heads back to our cousins.

 

After I had slapped Jungkook that day, I went home and bawled my eyes out in my room. I thought no one could hear, but Min Kyu had heard me muffling my sobs into my pillow.  

 

The following day he had found the guts to ask me why I was crying. I shrugged and told him not to worry to much.

 

Min Kyu was not satisfied.

 

But he stopped asking.

 

Can I be honest? I don't know why I was crying.

 

Was it because I slapped Jungkook. Or was it because of the way he insulted my dad. Or...was it because I knew I couldn't love him.

 

I eventually convinced myself it wasn't the last reason.

 

"Hey...noona...I think I saw Jungeun here!" Min Kyu exclaims enthusiastically.

 

"Wh-what?! Why would Jungeun be here?"

 

Before I could say anymore, Min Kyu headed of in the direction that the supposed Jungeon was in.

 

Nah! I don't think Jungeun would be here. And even if she is, why would she be at my cousin's wedding?

 

But...if Jungeun's here...that means...he's here too...

 

Oh !

 

I run all through the beautiful wedding arrangements and decorations, finding a place to hide.

 

When Jungkook and I would accidently encounter each other during that month, I would no longer tolerate his torture techniques. I would even into times when he was bullying others. 

 

I should've been happy. I did what I could've never done months ago. 

 

But I wasn't.

 

Each day I would go home after school and sob. I would cry oceans and I could tell that Min Kyu knew about it.

 

He noticed the drastic change in my attitude. I would talk less and do more. I was no longer ever late for class. I no longer went out with my friends after school.

 

I felt depressed at times too.

 

Even though I should've been happy that I'm a new person. That I'm confident. But somewhere inside of me I wished that the day that I slapped Jungkook never happened. That I had stayed quiet. That I had never realized my feelings for him.

 

But it want only Min Kyu who noticed the change. It was also Eunheye and Chen they would constantly ask me if I was okay. Even my busy mother asked me once or twice. 

 

 

I look around desperately for a place to hide.

 

I freeze as I hear a voice smooth voice whisper I. My ear behind me, "looking for someone?"

 

I jump at his cool minty breathe that causes me to get goosebumps all over my skin.

 

Turning around I see Jungkook smirking at me.

 

He looks so handsome! I almost ogle than mumble, "I-I..."

 

Not wanting to talk to him at all, I make a run for it.

 

I run out of the wedding garden and onto the streets.

 

Ugh! Why! This was suppose to to be a time to forget about him! Just leave me alone!

 

I think these thoughts as I bump into someone.

 

"Ouch!" I wince as we collide.

 

"I'm sor-"

 

I glance up to see a Macho biker dude with an angry face.

 

"Why you!" He clenches his teeth.

 

I dash away and try to escape from this situation.

 

But I heart he heavy thumping of the guy heading after me.

 

Before I can think of which  way to go, a strong arm pushes to into an alley and a against the brick wall.

 

"Jung-"

 

"Shh,"he cups my mouth with his hand.

 

I wince as I feel the pressure of his foot on too of mine.

 

"Hey, you're stepping on my foo-" I mutter muffled.

 

"God, don't you ever shut up?!"

 

He removes his cupped hand and smashes his lips to mine.

 

As soon his soft lips meet mine, a bolt of electricity goes through me.

 

A few second later when the coast seems clear, his lips come off of mine.

 

I'm some what disappointed.

 

Our eyes meet and we deeply gaze into each other's.

 

I can feel Jungkook's heartbeat going crazy right now. Or is that just me?

 

My breathe hitches as I stare into his brown eyes finding nothing but love. I'm probably delusional.

 

Breaking eye contact I push him way and begin sprinting back. 

 

"Mira...Mira wait!" I hear Jungkook call after me.

 

It's the first time I've heard him call me by my real name and not just a nickname.

 

I run back into the wedding and bump into someone again, this time a guest.

 

I look at his white shirt to see a stain on it. I must've caused it to spill on him.

 

[ on the music in the media ]

 

"Hey can you at least watch where you're going!" He says.

 

He's quite handsome I must say.

 

I look back at the road making sure Jungkook was still far behind me.

 

I take some candy out of my pocket and hand it to him.

 

"Here, Compensation." I say before sprinting off.

 

"Compensation?"

 

He smiles looking down at the candy in his palm, "interesting."

 

***

 

 

It's the wedding reception and as my cousin requested it, it is a masquerade ball.

 

After running away from Jungkook (again) I had already missed around half of the actual wedding.

 

Looking down at my gorgeous dark blue knee length dress and slipped my mask on and headed for the dance floor.

 

I danced with some of my cousins and then a slow dance came on And I headed off it.

 

Before I could leave a gentle and warm hand grabs my wrist.

 

I turn around to see a handsome looking man wearing a mask.  

 

We automatically start ball room dancing, swaying to the beautiful melody.

 

When the song is about to end, the figure removed his masks and I freeze in terror.

 

Jungkook. 

 

I struggle out of his grasp but he holds me tightly.

 

"Let...me go!"

 

Junkgook sternly gazes at me.

 

"Mira, let's talk."

 

No! I don't want to! I'm supposed to forget you!  

 

Before I can respond a masked prince shoves Jungkook to side.

 

"Excuse me," he says as Junkgook nastily glares back at him. 

 

"May I have this dance?"

 

I nod.

 

We twirl sound until the second song ends.

 

First he removes my mask, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

 

Removing his own mask I realize it's the guy from before.

 

"It's you!" I gasp.

 

"I know. I'm Mingyu, what's your name?"

 

"Mira. And I'm sorry about before."

 

He chuckles, "it's fine, candy huh?"

 

I blush, "sor-"

 

"It's okay," he smiles warmly.

 

 

 

 

"I've found something even better."

 

 

 

Edited