[III]

PHILOPHOBIA (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter III "Your book is upside down."  ——Kris

"So you're serious..?" Aejeong almost laughed when Kris told her how he planned to get out of the prison she called her room. "Yes! How else do you expect to go down, " Kris said, rolling his eyes. "Down?! Down to where?" She said again. "To the guest house! Where else?, "Kris said. "Wu. Yi. Fan. We are on the third floor. If we fall, we're going to die," Aejeong said and pointed a finger at his chest. 

 

"You're not gonna die. If you fall, you'll probablty only get injuries but you're not gonna die. "Kris said. "That's NOT making things better, "Aejeong glared at him. "You aren't gonna die. OR fall," He said and rolled his eyes. "Unbelievable! Is this how you comfort people?!"Aejeong questioned, and looked up at him. He was quite tall. Compared to her, he was probably a good foot taller. Okay, that was overexaggerating but you get the gist. "Look,--"

 

Suddenly, the doorknob rattled. Aejeong gasped and quickly pushed Kris into her closet. "Hide!" she said and heard the jingle of keys. She quickly sat at her desk, pretending to read a book that she randomly grabbed. "your book is upside down!" She heard. Aejeong quickly flipped the book rightside up and the door opened. 

 

A maid came in. "Miss, I was unable to bring a meal but you should get some rest. Your mother won't be too happy if you're late to school..." The maid said. "It's okay, I wasn't that hungry anyway.." She responded. I'm sorry my poor stomach.. just a little longer.. She thought to herself. "I was just finishing up some homework, too so.."Aejeong added,"You can go now, mother might get suspicious," she added, hoping the maid would leave. The maid nodded and bowed. She left the room and locked it again.

 

"What was that?" Kris said and came out of hiding. "What was what?"Aejeong responded. "Never mind." Kris said and shook his head. "Anyways, back to my plan," He said and brought her out to the balcony. "Are you serious?" Aejeong said and gave him a pointed look. 

 

She took a look over the edge but backed away when she saw the distance. "Go, or I'm pushing you down."Kris said, bluntly. "What the hell?! You can't just do that."Aejeong said with wide eyes. Her stomach growled again and she shut her eyes in frustration."F..fine. But you're going first so you cushion my fall."Aejeong says, "Fine by me."He responds with a shrug.

 

His head disappears as he makes his way down the vines that had grown on her balcony. "Are you coming?"Kris said and looks at her with a raised eyebrow. "Y-yea.."She said, gripping the plant tightly. She took a deep breath and made her way onto the vines.

 

Aejeong shut her eyes tight as Kris helped her climb down the vines. "I can't do this! It's too far down. I'm going to fall"Aejeong says to Kris. He lets out an irritated sigh."No, you won't I promise!"He says back at her. "I'm scared."She said, slightly whispering it. She felt the vines near her shuffle.

 

"I won't let you fall."Kris said and looked down at Aejeong who was now next to him. She gripped the vines tightly and looked down. "Promise?" "Promise."He said and for the first time, she saw him smile. "Now, come on, we're almost there."He said. Aejeong jumped down the vines and landed on a grassy area, following him.

 

They were in a garden. Her secret garden. So many memories in this place.. She thinks while looking around, remembering how she would always hide and play here as a child. No one could ever find her, except her handmaid who knew the terror of her parents. "This was my garden.."Aejeong mutters to herself, glancing around. The flowers around were quite wilted and wildflowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter