[IV]

PHILOPHOBIA (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter IV "I'm socially awkward and in this society, I'm practically invisible" —— Ae Jeong

When Ae jeong got up, she woke up breathing heavily. She took a look around her surroundings, taking everything in. She was in her bedroom? But how...? She rushed to the balcony, gripping the railing tightly, and looked down to where the tree was. No Tree.. She concluded that it had probably all been a dream and took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She checked the time, 5:30am. So early.. she thought and went to the bathroom to wash her face and put on her uniform. 

 

She walked through the hallways, making her way to the dining room when a door slammed open, making her jump. "Ae jeong. Were you out of your room last night?"Her mother's voice was sharp. "No. I wasn't. Did you not lock me in there?"Aejeong retorted, turning around to face her. "Listen here, young lady. Do not speak like that when guests are around. Are we clear?"Her mother said through gritted teeth. 

 

"Crystal."Aejeong breathed. 

 

"You're lucky that I'm in a good mood. If your father was here, you would be in much bigger trouble."Her mother said, scoffing. They heard voices in the hallways and Aejeong's mother cleared her voice. "Now run a long, dear."Her mother said and cracked a smile.  Aejeong gave her mother one last glare and started heading to the dining table. 

 

She sat at the table and the maids set a plate in front of her. Another maid lifted the lid which revealed crispy bacon and eggs. "You're heading to school?"She heard a voice which startled her. Ae jeong glanced up and nodded at the two males. She said nothing and put her attention back to her food. "I think we may start school tomorrow. We were going to start on Thursday but Suho says that we don't need an extra day off."Lay says, trying to spark a conversation. 

 

Aejeong only hummed in response since she had food in . "Do you all have your uniforms and books?"She questioned. "We have our uniforms."Chen replied. "Not sure about the books, though I'm sure Suho will handle that."Lay added and took a seat at the table. Some maids took out platters and placed it on the table for them. Ae jeong nodded and continued munching on her bacon.

 

"You're not eating at the guest house?"She questioned them. "D.O. is asleep and I wouldn't wanna wake him up." Chen says, laughing. She glanced at the grandfather clock and noticed the time.

 

"Well, it was a nice chat, but I better be on my way."She said and stood up. "Alright, see you later."Lay said and Chen nodded, eating his bacon. She walked out the door and headed to the limo and they drove off to school.

 

----

 

"Aeji!!!"She heard squealing from her teacher. "Hi, Ms. Chae.."She said, smiling at her. "Soo.... I heard the news!"Ms. Chae said. Aejeong mentally rolled her eyes. She loved Ms. Chae and all but sometimes, she was quite the gossiper. Still, Ae jeong trusts her, regardless. She glanced up at Ms. Chae to show that she was listening. 

 

"I heard that those twelve new students are staying over at your house!!!"She squealed, joy showing on her features. She gripped Ae jeong's arms and started jumping around, Aejeong being dragged along her skipping. "Yes and?"She said and shook off her teachers grip on her hands. "This is your chance to make friends!! Put yourself out there! Something! I don't know, But you know what I mean.."Ms. Chae said and gripped her hands again. 

 

"Please try, for me.. I'm tired of you sitting alone by yourself in the classroom. If only people saw you for who you truly were.. It worries me.."Ms. Chae said, making Ae jeong soften. She knew that Ms. Chae really just wanted what was best for her, "I know... I'll try.. I.. I just can't help it, you know... I'm socially awkward and in this society, I'm practically invisible.."Ae jeong muttered. 

 

"I know, but you can't be this way forever. And I know you won't disappoint me, no matter wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter