Chapter 7

Mon Drame Et Mon Dilemne

Safaiaunnie: Hey everyone, it's been a long time! Last time we met, I graduated college and started working. A lot has been going on and so I haven't had the time or the drive to continue this story. And now, I am about to move out of the city and away from home for the first time, in a few months, I don't know if I'll be updating regularly from now on, but I'll try!


Yuri let out a content sigh as she felt her lover’s arms wrap around her waist. She had missed this, missed him. He peppered kisses along the curve of her neck as they sat on his couch, neither saying anything, only basking into each other’s presence. She closed her eyes and sank deeper into his embrace.

They both jumped up when Sooyoung appeared from the shadow. “Sooyoung?” Yuri asked “What are you doing here?” Sooyoung nodded lightly to the man, and motioned for Yuri to follow her. The vampire sighed, and knew that her time with her lover was to be cut short. She kissed him on the lips and grabbed her stuff before holding onto Sooyoung’s shoulder. “I’ll see you later Jihoon.” Yuri said, as they shadow walked to the parking lot.

“What are you doing here Sooyoung? Did something happen?” The other woman looked at her, shaking her head slightly. “There’s something I want to tell you Yuri…”


“Here are the files you were looking for hyung” Yoochun said as he handed three folders to his prince. The man nodded his thanks and waved him away. The general frowned slightly but still left. He shook his head as he walked through the door, knowing that this was the brewing of a very bad idea.

Yunho looked at the three files on his desk. One was a very complete file on Kim TaeYeon, another on Kwon Yuri and the last one was a very meager file on Kim Junsu. He opened the last one first.

Name: Kim Junsu (KJ-2346)

Age: 335

Role: Battle advisor to the Prince

Blood: Noble

Status: Single

Hair: Brown                                                                   

Eyes: Brown

Height:

Power: Unknown

Last Spotted: Jung kingdom estate

Information: 335 years old, he is one of the youngest advisors for the Kim kingdom. His power is unknown, is rumoured to be speed, but has yet to be confirmed. No siblings known. Parents are unknown as well, has always been living within the Kim kingdom. No other information is known about Kim Junsu.

Yunho closed the file in front of him, not quite knowing what to make of it. There is virtually no information or picture of the man, and there are no mentions of Kim TaeYeon herself, in the file. All he figured was that if he mentioned the name Junsu at any of the meetings between the two kingdoms, he’d get only a small nod and nothing all. Maybe if he asks Kim JaeJoong directly, he is his advisor after all.

Next, he decided to open Kim TaeYeon’s file.

Name: Kim TaeYeon (KT-6112)

Age: 300

Role: Princess and Captain

Blood: Royal                                          

Status: Single

Hair: Dark brown

Eyes: Purple

Height: 5’-2”

Power: Telekinesis

Last Spotted: Kim kingdom

Information: Kim TaeYeon is the middle child, of three. She is the princess and also the captain of a smaller army in the kingdom, the general of the division is Kwon Yuri (refer to file KY-8921). The princess serves under her main bodyguard. Her known power is telekinesis. The power is known to be able to lift anything from a pair of dices to a forest.

Kim TaeYeon is rumoured to be a strong fighter, but no soldier have reported having seen her on the field. She is also known to be an old soul, sacrificing a lot for her kingdom. Because of her mind, it is said that should she ever reach that age, that she could potentially become one of the Elders. Her family’s enemies are the Jung kingdom, the Anh kingdom and the Ok kingdom. She personally is enemy with Anh Sohee (Refer to File AS-0132) and Ok TaecYeon (refer to file OT-2349).

She is usually accompanied by her bodyguard, Kwon Yuri and her maid Seo Joohyun (Refer to file SJ-1239). Usually also seen with her sister, Kim HyoYeon (Refer to file KH-4593), her sister’s bodyguard, Choi Sooyoung (Refer to file CS-9034), her maid, Im Yoona (Refer to file IY-4538) or her brother Kim JaeJoong (Refer to file KJ-6793). If spotted, the order is to flee on sight if spotted with more than two of the mentioned people. If seen with Seo Joohyun, approach with caution, if seen with Im Yoona, abort mission after a certain amount of time, if seen with sister only, approach with caution, if seen with either guards or brother flee on sight. If seen alone, flee, she is never alone. If seen together, flee or surrender, do not attempt the impossible.

Please find attached pictures, articles or any other relevant information on Kim TaeYeon.

Yunho closed that file. He wondered about this woman, she was obviously strong and smart. A bit on the short side, but that could not be helped. She was beautiful too, so why was he not actually attracted to her? His gaze fleeted to the third file on his desk and shook his head. He pulled himself back to the current file and sat back in his chair. Kim Junsu was not mentioned in her file either. He flipped quickly through the rest of the file, finding articles and reports concerning the princess. Several images captured her, her sister, her brother, their maids or bodyguards, yet none with said man.

He finally looked over at the third file and debated with himself before finally giving in and slowly opened it. The first image stared back at him, a picture of Kwon Yuri looking over her shoulder, her sunglasses over her head and her eyes narrowed. The photographer was obviously trying not to advise her of their presence but failed to do so. He held the picture longer than he should have before he put it back down and took up the first page.  

Name: Kwon Yuri (KY-8921)

Age: 301

Role: Bodyguard and General

Blood: Common

Status: Noble

Hair: Black

Eyes: Dark Brown

Height: 5’-7”

Power: Mind Control

Last Spotted: Kim Kingdom

Information: Kwon Yuri is known as the Black Pearl of the Kim Kingdom or the Black Plague. She takes her role as a guard very seriously, and Kim TaeYeon (Refer to file KT-6112) has never been harmed under her watch. Her family is composed of her parents and her younger brother, Kwon Jiyoung (Refer to file KJ-7842), also a member of the Kim kingdom’s army. No other known connection outside of the Kim Kingdom.

Kwon Yuri is usually spotted with the princess, and her maid Seo Joohyun (Refer to file SJ-1239), the other princess’ bodyguard Choi Sooyoung (Refer to file CS-9034), the other maid Im Yoona (IY-4538) or anyone from Kim TaeYeon’s entourage. If she is seen, the order is to approach with extreme caution, should she be seen with anyone else, flee on sight.

Please find attached pictures, articles or any other relevant information on Kwon Yuri.

Yunho sighed as he closed that file. This really told him nothing much about these women that he did not know. The man he was interested in did not appear in their description either… Yunho flipped through he images and articles of the folder absentmindedly for a bit when two pictures caught her attention. One was of a man he had never seen before with Yuri, looking like they were really close and the other one is one with Yuri and Junsu.

He looked at the one with the mystery man longer than he should have, especially since it had nothing to do with what he was trying to make happen. He quickly dropped it and took instead the one with Junsu. Finally, there was a picture of the man, picture not even found in his own file. Yunho only knew what he looked like from the surveillance tape he pulled from the gate.

In the picture, Yuri and Junsu were walking away from a group of people in the back. He could make out TaeYeon, HyoYeon, Sooyoung and their maids in the group with a few more people, possible guards, but the quality of the picture wasn’t great. The picture had focused on the two, so anyone in the back was pixelated. Junsu had a satisfied look and Yuri looked amused in the picture. Yunho figured that something had happened. TaeYeon seemed to be looking at them with a soft smile from the back, so he took a wild guess that she had something to do with it.

He quickly flipped through the rest of the file to see if there were any more pictures with Junsu on file. There were a few more, and TaeYeon was almost always in the background. Most of the pictures also featured Jaejoong, but that was more understandable. There was definitely something between the three of them but what?

And who is that mystery man?

A knock interrupted Yunho from his thoughts. He spread out his senses and only felt Jessica on the other side of the door. He gave them permission to enter, and quickly closed and piled all the files, to keep Jessica from seeing what he was doing, never noticing a picture floating out of a file, on the other side of the desk in his haste. When his younger sister walked in, she immediately headed towards his desk.

“Hi Sica, what brings you here?” Yunho asked his sister, the tone a bit clipped. She reeled back slightly at his tone but thought nothing of it, classing it under the stress of his impeding wedding.

“Oppa, umma told me to tell you that there will be a ball for your engagement in two months, something about that it should be worked out by then… Do you know what she meant?”

Yunho knew exactly what their mother meant. He had two months and a few days left to secure the mating between him and Kim TaeYeon. His mother was sure that he will not fail… And he will not, he thought as he looked into Jessica’s innocent eyes.

“She probably just meant that in two weeks is when the cease fire treaty will change into the wedding, that’s all.” She nodded slightly, in understanding before the picture on the floor caught her attention. She bent down slightly to pick it up and stared at it. The man looked familiar, and was that Yuri in that picture?

“Oppa is that Yuri-ssi?”

Yunho’s eyes snapped to what she was holding and quickly tore it from her grasp, inducing a small gasp from her. “Oppa?”

He racked his mind to find an answer. “Um, yeah, it must have fallen from her file…”

“Why did you have her file open?”

“I was just checking up on TaeYeon-ssi security. Making sure she was protected.”

She nodded, but was still suspicious, they all saw what the woman was capable of, why would he need to have her file? Suddenly, it hit her who that man was. “And the man? I saw him before…”

“The man in that picture?” Yunho looked at that picture again. It was the one with the Kim Junsu, “You’ve seen him before?”

Jessica nodded, “Hm hm, remember when we went to visit the Kim? I think I saw him in the estate then, I think he was leaving or something.” That day? But Kim JaeJoong was out of town that day…

“Are you sure about that Sica?”

The princess nodded again before seeing the time. “I have to go oppa, Daddy booked another lesson for me and Krystal for today.”


 

“Say something Yuri” Sooyoung said in a soft voice, looking at her friend. The other woman just stared at her blankly, trying to process the other’s words.

“Yuri ah” Sooyoung called again, this time reaching out for her shoulder. Natural reflexes kicked in as Yuri grabbed Sooyoung’s hand before she made contact. The taller of the two jumped a bit but was glad to get a reaction from her friend. “Yul?”

“She was ready to…” was the only thing the other said.

“HyoYeon… She means well but she still has to grow.”

“Sooyoung ah, she’s a genius, she’s smart but she’s not savvy. She offends dignitaries from other kingdoms as often as her father does and that’s a feat in itself. But she thinks things through and that means she had found no other way to get around it…” The last part was murmured as something that never happens happened. Yuri lowered her head.

A guard like Yuri and Sooyoung never lowered their head as a symbol of strength. Yuri was giving up, and Sooyoung shook her head slowly, “No, Yuri, you can’t seriously be considering it. It’s a sure death sentence! And think of Jihoon! He’ll be heartbroken! ”

“I can’t let TaeYeon go through this. I swore to protect her, and that is only part of my duty…”

“Yuri that does not fall under your duty!”

The woman smiled bitterly. She shook her head, and closed her eyes. “Let’s go back Sooyoung, we’ve taken too much time, we should be by the princesses’ sides.”

"It's your day off Yuri." Sooyoung said quietly. "Oh, is it... I guess I haven't really kept track, I just thought to get away for a bit... No matter, Taeyeon is running drills today, I'm going to go join her..." 

As Yuri put the car into drive, Sooyoung stared at her best friend, and thought to herself that she will not allow Yuri and Jihoon to part, or Yuri to seduce Yunho… Even if she has to pass by TaeYeon and the King to do so… But she won’t have to. She knew exactly who she needed.


Back at the mansion, JaeJoong was standing in his study, looking out the window, pondering over other ideas to make sure TaeYeon did not have to marry Jung Yunho.

“Hyung?” Someone called from the doorway. JaeJoong turned around and saw Changmin and Junsu standing there. The oldest frowned, and left his spot to walk towards the two men. “Junsu what happened to you?” He was referring to the numerous bruises he could see on the man’s skin. Being vampires, it took a lot to bruise them, but by the look of things, Junsu was very much so beaten up.

“I pissed off the wrong vampire that’s all.” The prince frowned still and sniffed daintily. His eyes widened, “Yuri did this to you? What did you do to her?” Junsu winced, that’s why both TaeYeon and Junsu avoided other people until they had at least taken a shower if they saw each other. Vampires had a very good sense of smell compared to humans, nothing compared to the werewolves or other canine breed, but still very sharp.

“I… It was silly, don’t worry about it, she’s fine now.”

“I’m worried about you Junsu, you look like hell.” Junsu just smiled painfully, “Hyung ah, everyone knows you are worried about dear Yuri at the moment.” He joked lightly and JaeJoong let it go. “Where’s Siwon?” He then asked, not seeing his third advisor and friend.

“I don’t know,” Changmin said, “Sooyoung pulled him aside as soon as she made it back with Yuri earlier.”

Jaejoong looked at him confused, “I thought Yuri had the day off.” The Yuri guard usually takes a day off a month, just like Sooyoung and any other main guard. It permitted them to feed if they haven’t had the time, and to have some time for themselves.

“Hyung, really, why do you know when her day off is?” Siwon asked as he walked through the doors. Jaejoong glared at him but quickly softened his expression when he didn’t see a teasing grin, instead Siwon had a serious expression. “What’s wrong?”

“Sooyoung just pulled me aside. Your youngest sister is up to something, and I fear for Yuri’s safety, hyung.” Siwon told him, the expression on his face getting more and more somber. “Yuri can take care of herself Siwon, I wouldn’t be too worried.” Junsu said, rubbing his still sore jaw. His healing wasn’t kicking in as fast as usual, and he was pretty sure Yuri had something to do with that. “Wait until you hear about what’s princess Hyoyeon is scheming this time…”


Hyoyeon’s door slammed open, and the occupants in the room all jumped. Yoona automatically threw up a physical shield, asking herself why Sooyoung chose to disappear now of all times. She would have lowered it when she saw her prince stalk in, but the look on his face was enough to make her maintain it. She had only ever seen this look when he is getting ready for a battle. To say that does not bore well for them was an understatement.

“My prince!” She called out, bowing at the waist. No need angering him more than necessary. “Oppa?!” The princess shouted, “What is the meaning of this?!”

“You tell me Hyoyeon! Do you know what Taeyeon will do if she ever finds out what you are planning?” Hyoyeon frowned, and shouted right back. “And Sooyoung came running right to you? She’s my friend oppa, she should not have told you.”

“She did not tell me, she told Siwon. But that is beside the point, you would risk Yuri’s life!”

“What is it with you and that wimp prince and Kwon Yuri?! Why are you both so fascinated with her?! She is beautiful, strong and smart but there are many more like her in our clan oppa! One more one less, it does not matter! Unnie matters!”

“Yah Kim Hyoyeon!”


“I wonder what’s happening with Hyoyeon and oppa over there.” Taeyeon asked, as Yuri, Seohyun and she stared up into Hyoyeon’s window from the training grounds. The princess was running drills on Yuri’s day off, until the latter showed up with no warning and took over the training. The tanner of the two looked up and shrugged, “The princess probably pulled a prank on the prince again” she said, though she had a feeling she knew exactly what was happening. Sooyoung probably contacted Siwon, who ran and told Prince Jaejoong. But her mind was set. Taeyeon saved her life when her family took her in, and if the princess could sacrifice her relationship for the kingdom, then she damn well could do the same for her.