Chapter 2

Mon Drame Et Mon Dilemne

Sorry the chapters are going to be short guys. That way, I can update quicker than during To Protect the Unwilling!

Chapter 1

 “I don’t want to get married to Jung Yunho!”  TaeYeon screamed when she returned to her room. She was allowing herself this one tantrum as she threw everything on her vanity on the floor and broke the wooden furniture in pieces before sinking to the ground and sobbing into her arms. SeoHyun quickly rushed to pick up the objects as Yuri sank to the ground next to her charge and wrapped her arms around her. “It’ll work out fine, TaeYeon-ah, don’t worry too much, we won’t let it happen.”  Yuri told her charge, she won’t let it happen.

SeoHyun stayed quiet as she kept picking up the various beauty products from the floor. She knew she wasn’t to interfere with the princess’ tantrum, however infrequent they were. “And what about Junsu? How can I tell him?” Taeyeon sobbed out, thinking about the man she was ready and willing to present to her father. She had chosen her mate already! So why couldn’t she actually be with him? Yuri bit on her lower lip and settled on rubbing circles on her princess’ back. ‘We’ll find a way, Taeyeon-ah, don’t worry…’ she thought to herself.


“They want to back out?” Jung Yunho asked his father, who was sitting behind his desk in his study. He was confused; his father just came back from the meeting with the Kim, and had called him into his office. After hearing his father’s brief breakdown of the meeting, he was honestly taken aback by what he heard. He had thought that the Kim wanted this treaty just as much as they did. Obviously, he would be relieved to not have to mate the Kim princess, as he wanted to choose his own bride, but for the kingdom he still accepted. However, if the Kim truly wanted to back out…

“Not exactly, they have a son that is a year away from his mating age; they want to have Jessica instead of giving us TaeYeon.” The King explained.  

“And you are considering it? You cannot give them Jessica, she is much too young.” Yunho said loudly, no way was his sister going to be given away.

“Technically, the Kim princess and Jessica are the same age, and technically, the Kim’s son has a priority with his age. If we were to take it up with the Elders, the Kim will win.”

“They actually threatened to go that far? Do they not want this treaty?” Yunho asked, angry at them for even suggesting taking his baby sister away from the safety of their home. He would not allow it. He did not pause to think that the Kim would believe the same, that this was their baby sister/daughter taken away too.

“I believe that the son had the same concerns as you. From what I got from the meeting, it is the son that did not want the wedding between his sister and you.”

“They said so?”

“No but Kim JaeJoong was present at the meeting. And he kept looking at me, as if to compel me to accept.” Such disrespect shown by that arrogant brat, never minding that the other vampire was older. But he had to ask, “What did you end up agreeing to, between the two of you?”

“The treaty will not be signed until the beginning of the September. As of now until then, we have decided on a cease fire treaty. Within the time given, we are allowing you four to socialize, and to see who is better suited for the other. Neither Jessica or the Kim princess will be notified of the conditions, as you two princes knowing is enough.”

“Is that fair to Jessica?”

“I asked the same… Kim answered, is that fair to TaeYeon? If we want to keep this out of the Elders’ way, we must go along with it. Now, not a word to either of your sisters understood.”

“Yes Father.” ‘But you didn’t say anything about her bodyguard. I will not let Jessica fall into the cruel hands of Kim JaeJoong.’ He thought. He had heard of the other Prince before, he was known to be merciless on the battlefield, many of their good men falling under his weapons and claws. While they both were Generals, and have garnered reputations, the Kim was known to be the crueler of the two, followed by the two bodyguards of the princesses. It was said that an attempted robbery by vampires on the two princesses found the thieves beheaded cleanly, and evidence of torture apparent. The report on the deaths came back, with the words, too gory for details. He respected the prince for his commitment to his kingdom but despised the fact that he went out of his way to maim his opponents. He had never met the man on the battlefield, and never had he ever witnessed such an occurrence but the reports from his men were enough for him to pray that the day he met him would the day he would slay him.

Yunho knew little about the princess too. Like his own family, the Kim tried to shield their daughters from the reality of war, but unlike his own family, they had trained the girls to fight should it be necessary. That was the only thing he agreed with their rivals, he too thought that they should have trained Jessica and Krystal into the ways of a warrior, but their father had adamantly refused, saying that it was not lady like and instead had called for private tutors in all things arts and femininity. He had heard that the princess was well trained in the literature and arts, but could also hold her own with a sword and a gun. He had also seen her before, in a neutral city, shopping with her guards. He had only recognized her by the small and unnoticeable crest that had been pinned on the guards’ lapel. She was pretty, beautiful even, but not to his taste. He had always preferred taller women and the princess was undeniably short, reminding him of his sister’s lady-in-waiting.

Talking about his sister, it’s about time he paid a visit to her bodyguard, not knowing that he completely missed them standing outside of the study when he very nearly stormed out.


“Fany-ah, why do you think oppa looked so angry when he left Appa’s study?” The blonde princess asked her best friend and guard.

“I don’t know Sica. It’s probably something to do with those damn Kim if you ask me. It’s probably those barbarians not keeping their word.” The slightly taller brunette said, eyes narrowing at the thought of the said barbarians.

“Fany-ah, you shouldn’t swear. It is unbecoming of a lady!”

“Aigoo, Sica-ah, you’re the lady here, I am not. Don’t worry about me, it’s not like I’ll ever get married so why bother!”

“Don’t say that Fany! You know you are gorgeous and you have a lot of suitors too!”

“Haha Sica, whatever you say princess. But you know I devoted my life to protecting you.”

Jessica sighed sadly at that, she knew that the guards of their kingdom could not mate because of the weakness it may cause them to acquire. She found it so unfair to them, and she had talked to her father about it but he had cut her down. For that, she envied the Kim, knowing they were much fairer on their subjects. But she also knew that they were much crueler to everyone else and for that, had never wanted to meet any of them. At least, that’s what her brother encouraged. She did not like to judge unknowing but she did not have any reason to doubt her brother either. After all, why would he lie to her?


“That turned out well…” Kim Jungsoo said as he reclined back into his throne, listening to his rival kingdom’s king’s car drive away.

“That’s three months away, which at least this gives me time to plan…” JaeJoong mumbled to himself.

“What was that JaeJoong?”

“Nothing Father, there is something I must attend to.” He said, bowing to his father before trying to slip away. “Wait JaeJoong. Remember, there will be no telling your sisters about the deal, simply that we are considering other alternatives.”

“Can there be other alternatives Father?”

The other man did not answer, and that was his cue to leave. “I’ll be making a small trip away from our lands for a week or so Father.”

The other man nodded and watched as his eldest left. “Don’t think I don’t know what you are planning son. I raised you, and taught you my ways.” Jungsoo smirked, the sight of it scaring some of his employees, “You better make me proud son, I have a feeling that TaeYeon will not be leaving our family anytime soon.”