Chapter 6

Mon Drame Et Mon Dilemne

TaeYeon glanced up from her book when she sensed a new presence in the café. She glanced up and looked directly at the woman across her and motioned her to leave. When the other left, Jung Yunho sat in the empty seat and smiled. She nodded politely and went back to her book.

He just stared at her for a couple of minutes before waving the barista over. “A cappuccino please.” The woman nodded and went back to the counter. He turned to her, “So, who is Junsu?” TaeYeon’s eyes widened behind her book, and hoped to all above that he did not catch her reaction.

“Is he someone of importance to you, Yunho-ssi?” She asked, face stone cold again. “I was wondering if he was someone of importance to you TaeYeon-ssi?” He replied, a smirk on his face. “Why so sudden?”

“My guard told me that he showed up at our mansion two days ago, looking for you.”

“Ah? He must have heard that we were in town then,” TaeYeon said, “We have not seen him in a while. He is after all one of my brother's advisors, works from afar though.”

“Must have been that…” Yunho said again, a smile still firmly on his face.


From afar, Yuri watched with narrowed eyes. She could hear their conversation clearly and she did not like where it was going. He is going to blackmail her. She looked around and saw the barista walking back with his coffee. She had TaeYeon catch her eyes and motioned for the door, at the same time, the barista tripped and spilt the hot drink on the Jung. While Yunho stood up to wipe off all the hot liquid, TaeYeon quietly slipped away with Yuri behind her.

“That was a close call Yuri…” TaeYeon told her. Yuri only nodded, fuming silently at Junsu. She had warned him not to show his face, now the Jung has blackmail material, unless… “TaeYeon ah, why don’t you tell your father about Junsu? It’d make it easier for you and him no?”

“I can’t tell him Yuri…”

“You were ready to tell him before. It can’t be bad; he might even call off the marriage if he knew that you were already in love!”

“I can’t do that to our people Yuri, there is no other option and if I don’t, it’s only going to cause us to go to war again. I can’t do that to them.”

‘But there is another option,’ Yuri thought, ‘Prince JaeJoong and Jung Jessica… If only I could tell you about the deal…’ “I’ll talk to Junsu when we get back, tell him to back off, its better if the Jung don’t know about him yet ok TaeYeon?” Yuri asked, keeping her eyes on the road, while her princess looked out absently. “Taeyeon?”

“Hmm, oh yes. Do that… Tell him that it’s better if he doesn’t contact me again…” TaeYeon said emotionlessly. The other woman just looked at her sadly and nodded. 'Why would you have to give your happiness TaeYeon?' She thought before pulling into the driveway.


“What are you planning HyoYeon ah?” Sooyoung asked her charge as Yoona brushed HyoYeon’s hair, in front of the vanity. ”I have no idea what you are talking about Sooyoung, I am not planning anything.”

“And I don’t believe you. You are always planning something.”

“I am planning nothing, Sooyoung, let it go.” Sooyoung narrowed her eyes, but back off for now, she knew pushing her would yield nothing.

‘I know you are planning something Hyoyeon, and it can’t turn out well…’


“Damn it! “ Yunho said as he turned into the driveway of his house. He could still smell the heavy aroma of the coffee on his clothing, his white pants to make things worst. The waitress had somehow managed to pour the whole cup of cappuccino on his lap, scalding him. Thankfully, he did not sustain the burns a human would with a drink that hot on a thin layer of clothing. He did have to fake the pain, and leave the place quickly. ‘I almost had her, damn it!’ he thought.

He just had to figure out who this Junsu was to the princess. If he was what he believed he was, getting Kim Taeyeon would be easier than he thought. She would not want to disgrace her family. He could have gotten this one easy. “Damn it!” he said again.

“Oppa, what happened to you?” Jessica asked as she walked past the front door and smelled the scent of coffee. She looked at the big brown stain on her brother’s crisp white pants. “Is that, coffee?” The man only nodded and stomped up the stairs to his quarters. Jessica blinked at his back and tilted her head slightly. She shrugged and left the house with Sunny. “Oppa’s acting weird.” She told her maid as they waiting for Tiffany to pull the car up front. Sunny only giggled a bit before motioning that Tiffany had arrived.

 Sunny opened the door for Jessica and slid in after her, in the passenger seat. “Where do you want to go Jess?”

“The bookstore, there’s a new Athena Kim book.” Tiffany nodded before putting the car into drive. None of the three women said anything for the next minutes. Jessica was deep in thought. Kim JaeJoong. The man was a mystery to her. She finally realized why the name Yuri was so familiar to her. That was the Kim princess’ guard. So the prince was in love with the guard. She guessed that was his style, strong and beautiful but she was much more surprised that Kwon Yuri would not be interested by Kim JaeJoong. He seemed her type and she will admit that he was exceedingly striking. She knew she would love to meet a man like him. Too bad he was to be her brother in law.

Tiffany looked at her charge by the rearview mirror. “What are you thinking so deeply about Jess?” She asked teasingly, “Any handsome men that I know of?”

Jessica smiled softly at her and her cheeks reddened just a bit. Sunny outright giggled, and so did Tiffany. “Anyone we know of?” Jessica shook her head quickly and pouted. The other two kept laughing, and the ride to the city was relatively peaceful. Jessica was still thinking about the Kim while Tiffany and Sunny kept to themselves, seeing that she was deep in thoughts again.


Junsu’s back hit the wall as he was forcibly pushed back. He glanced at the woman in front of him and growled before rushing towards her. “What the hell Yuri?”

“You idiot!” The woman said as she dodged his hit and swiped her leg under him, making him fall flat on his back. He groaned in pain, “What did I do?”

“Why did you have to show up to the Jung estate?” She asked, punching him in the stomach this time. He aimed a kick to her stomach and sent her flying backwards. She clenched her teeth in pain and held her stomach as she stood up.

“I thought we got over that issue already!?” Junsu said as he stayed where he was. Yuri looked at him and narrowed her eyes again. He slowly began to walk towards her but his face was frightened. “Yuri, don’t you dare to use your power on me.”

“Too late!” She said before punching him again, making him fly back again, into the wall, denting it. “I have a message from TaeYeon for you.” Yuri finally said as he stood up again. He looked up to her hopeful, and waited for her to say something. Yuri pinched the bridge of her nose. “I’m sorry Junsu…”

“What is it Yuri? What did she say?” Junsu asked, feeling like something bad was going to happen.

“I…” She ran a hand through her hair before looking at him in the eyes. “She said its better if you don’t contact her again.” Yuri watched as emotions fleeted pass on Junsu’s face, and she felt something tug at her heart but shook it off quickly. She made two promises to herself that day. One was to make sure TaeYeon never had to marry into the Jung family, and second was that she would make sure Junsu and TaeYeon were reunited.

“Junsu… you busted yourselves when you showed up at the gate that day… Jung Yunho saw TaeYeon today, and talked about you. If he ever finds out the true relationship between the two of you, he’ll blackmail her, and then, we really wouldn’t have any chance at helping her.” After that, she left the penthouse where Kim Junsu, one of the advisors of the Kim kingdom resided. She sighed; his status would have been enough for the king, if there was no Jung Yunho in the way. Now… This was no Romeo and Juliette, no, this was much more tragic…

She had left TaeYeon in the estate with Seohyun and two other guards. She would be safe for now as she drove to another destination. When she stood in front of the door, she took in a deep breath before knocking. When the door opened, she felt a weight lifted from her shoulders, as he wrapped his strong and safe arms around her and she melted in his embrace.


Sooyoung watched as HyoYeon run between the many rows of their library. She did not know what the younger woman was looking for but she knew it had something to do with what she was planning. She hovered behind the young vampire as she finally settled down at the table with her books. She raised an eyebrow when she saw the titles of the books. Romance novels? Why would she be reading romance novels. She never had any interest in that, the only distraction from her intellectual studies that she allowed herself was the dance studio and the gym usually, never romance novels of all things. She voiced her concerns to her charge and the younger vampire just shrugged before continuing to sift through the many books. She threw away some and kept some.

The taller of the two took the opportunity to walk towards her yes pile and read through the summaries of the book. Her eyes widened with each of them before slamming the last on the table. She… She had considered the idea but would never have asked Y… HyoYeon jumped at the sound of a book slamming on the table. “Are you ok Sooyoung?”

“I should ask you that HyoYeon? What were you thinking? You cannot use people like that!” HyoYeon’s eyes widened as well, and she stuttered out her answer. “What are you talking about? When did I ever use anyone?”

“I know you HyoYeon, when you are planning something, you read about it, just like your sister! Look at these books, The Other Woman? The Break Up? Do you know what you are doing?”

“I\m just reading these Sooyoung!”

“You don’t read romance novels, you find them trashy, useless and untrue. You hate them.”

“I want to try something new, that’s all.”

“Nothing is ever that simple with you HyoYeon. I know what you are planning. You are going to use Yuri, make her seduce Jung Yunho so he’ll call off the wedding. Do you even know the consequences of something like that?”

“What consequences? That TaeYeon won’t have to marry that wimp of a Jung? Then yes I thought about it!”

“What about when the King finds out about it? He’ll have Yuri killed HyoYeon, she will be labeled as a traitor to the kingdom’s safety!”

“TaeYeon still wouldn’t have to marry that man.” Sooyoung stared at her in shock, not believing what she heard. “So you will let someone so close to your sister and you to die?” HyoYeon didn’t look at her friend, and kept reading.

“I don’t know you were planning to get her to agree to do such a thing, but I’ll tell you right now. I won’t let you do it.”

HyoYeon looked at the woman, “You are my friend Sooyoung.”

“A friend does not let another friend make a mistake that she’ll regret for the rest of her life. And HyoYeon, let me tell you, we live for a very long time, and TaeYeon? She would never forgive you. Don't forget who Yuri is to your sister, don't forget the pain that you will cause them both, because I could never do that to someone I love. No, I could never do that to someone I care about and be able to cope with myself after that. Think about it Princess” Sooyoung shadow walked out of the library and to the training field. She grabbed two of her squad and told them to guard the princess before she left the estate. She took her own car, and drove as far as she could.