Chapter 5

Mon Drame Et Mon Dilemne

Safaiaunnie: Sorry guys for the long wait, I know I said shorter chapters faster updates, but this turned out to be a filler chapter... And I got busy and I injured my back so I can't sit or stand for a long period of time so I usually get my school work done and then I go lie down... But here it is guys, the plor is developping.

Chapter 5

Jessica peeked out of her room and tiptoed down the hall. Tiffany had to go run drills with her guards and Sunny was busy with her laundry, it was the perfect time for her to go out on her own. Truthfully, in the years she has been back, she never did have time for herself; so once in a while she would sneak out. Of course, her guard knew about it, but didn’t stop her since she knew that Jessica would not go further than their territories. And they had eyes in the city.

Looking around once more, she quickened her steps, unaware of the watchful eyes of Amber and her sister. They watched her leave the mansion and make her way to the garage, keys to her white car in hand. Both Amber and Krystal smiled, “Unnie is on her bi-annual sneak out isn’t she?”

“I guess so, I should go inform Tiffany, are you alright on your own?” Krystal nodded cheerfully, before bounding down the steps and skipping towards the garden.

Back with the elder of the two, Jessica happily pulled the car out of the driveway and on the path to the city. She the radio and was happy that one of her favorite songs came on and sang along, until she froze, still behind the wheel. It took a split second for her to gain her composure back. She narrowed her eyes, she felt followed. She sped up a little, and looked into her mirrors. There was no one behind her, which means, someone was following her on feet and that means there was a vampire after her. A vampire whose ability is speed… an ability that none of her clan had.

There was no one else on this road, but she could spot some cameras, police cameras which meant she could not go any faster past those cameras without directing attentions on her. She took in a deep breath, hoping that this person wanted no harm done to her; she wasn’t a warrior in any sense of the word. The next exit to the nearest city was close, five minutes away.

She continued down the road at the same pace, but kept a watchful eye out for her follower. She felt relief when she veered onto the closest exit, and felt whoever was following her back off. She parked her car at the closest café, and quickly walked in, once again relieved at the quite popular café, there were a couple of humans lounging around in the couches but she could spot her crest on many lapels. They discreetly greeted her and she returned them, marching to the barista who quickly bowed lightly to her.

With her drink in hand, she sat down in a seat by the window and pulled out a book. She told herself that she was going to call Tiffany to come meet her up when she was going to leave the town. For now, she was going to sit back and relax. Before she sunk into her book, she briefly noticed the door opening and three men, three vampires, walking into the café loudly. She did a small double take when she noticed that it was the man from last time, the man that she saw on her outing with Tiffany. For a second, she thought it was him following her but when he did not even spare her a glance; she dismissed it as a coincidence. She tensed up a little when they took the table next to her but tried to concentrate on her book.

“Hyung? What are you going to do?” One of the men said.

“What do you mean Changmin?”

“You know what I mean hyung! Go and talk to the woman!” The man said again, and the one she spotted groaned. “Guys let it go, she doesn’t care who I am, and it will probably freak her out if nothing else.”

“That’s one of the worst case scenarios, what if she likes you too?” The third man finally spoke up, “C’mon hyung, you have to try.”

“And what? She’s my sister’s best friend, and she’s one of the most intimidating women I have ever known. Plus, she’s already in love… I might as well just find someone else…” The man sighed, his despair apparent. Jessica could not help but feel like her heart goes out to him. She always was a er for a good romance. She turned to take a good look at him and was taken aback. Vampires as a whole community are, most of time, good looking, as a hunting plus, but he was stunning. Alabaster white skin, pitch black hair, and from what she could tell, deep brown eyes with golden specks. He was currently propped on one hand, his other playing with his coffee spoon. He was looking out the window too by that point and had tuned out his friends. The two with him looked at each other and shook their heads. The taller of the two spotted her and nodded his head lightly towards her before elbowing his friend.

The second man took a look at her, and sat straight up. He nodded at her slightly and whispered, “We should go, there's a Jung here…”

The beautiful man did not seem to hear them, simply twisted his spoon more. “JaeJoong-ah? Let’s go, we’re in Jung territory, coffee and Yuri isn’t worth putting the contract in jeopardy, let’s go.”

‘JaeJoong? Contract’ thought Jessica, ‘does that mean… this is Kim JaeJoong?’ She fully turned to look at them now, and the two were looking straight at her this time. “Come one hyung, let’s go.” The tallest say as he pulled who probably is the prince up. The Kim finally looked at her, and she felt shivers go down her back. His stare was intense, shooting right through her core. His eyes narrowed slightly but caused no trouble and left.

‘Probably because he’s in our territory…’ she mused, but shrugged, she wouldn’t have to deal with him until the treaty, might as well not aggravate him. ‘The name Yuri seems familiar though… Where have I heard it before?’


“What are you going to do, hyung?” Changmin asked the older one when they made it to their car.

“You’ve managed to spark her curiosity, and Yuri’s name will probably stick to her mind, since she’s bound to have noticed her at the meeting…”

“We’ll let her do the work. Jessica Jung is a curious vampire; she’ll snoop around sooner or later…”

“And what do we do about the stalker?” Siwon asked again, referring to the presence they felt following her earlier on, they had been trailing her from afar and noticed a third presence.

“There have been asighting of a fast intruder, at our home… It might have to do with the contract, I suggest we stay vigilant and on our guard… There will be nothing that will affect the contract or TaeYeon…“

“Hyung, does that mean Yuri and you are over?”

“What has never begun cannot be over Changmin, there never was a Yuri and I, and now there will never be.” JaeJoong closed his eyes briefly. He sighed, Kwon Yuri was indeed the woman he really wanted, but his sister was the woman he loved and he could not fail her now. Jung Jessica will be his, and anything that got on his path, his eyes narrowed, they better watch out.

“You know hyung, I heard that Yul was exactly Jung Yunho’s type.” Siwon threw over his shoulder as he made it to the car.

So he might have to work on his control around Jung Yunho a bit, but it shouldn’t be too hard right?


Right…

JaeJoong thought as he watched the two clans interact. It was the following week when the two leaders set up a meeting and this time, he had to be present. Siwon’s words rang through his head as he watched Jung Yunho look at Yuri curiously as she followed TaeYeon in the garden. All four princesses were touring the gardens and looking at the flowers. HyoYeon seemed bored at the bright colours, always preferring her books to them, but bore with it, clogs probably turning inside her head.

Jung Yunho had indeed taken an interest to Yuri after another intruder had been spotted. This time, the intruder managed to get into the Jung fortress. Yuri and Sooyoung had immediately sensed and intercepted him, with their combined strength, Sooyoung’s shadow walking and Yuri’s mind control quickly got the better of him while Tiffany and Amber stood guard over the four princesses. It seemed that the guards’ grace in their task had caught the prince’s eyes and Yuri’s figure as well. Yunho had been eyeing the tall woman for the last hour, it seems, as the men were talking in the study, overlooking the gardens.

‘If I have to watch this, I might as well use it to my advantage,’ JaeJoong thought. He cleared his throat lightly to catch the other prince’s attention. In turn, he also caught the two kings’ attention. “Yunho-ssi, you’ve been staring at Guard Kwon an awful lot today.”

The man glared at him, getting the implication immediately. “She’s strong and I respect power and strength.”

“Ah, but Guard Choi is strong as well.”

“Ah but she is not TaeYeon-ssi’s guard, it is only normal that I do not watch her more, after all, I need to make sure that the princess is well protected.” JaeJoong bit his words back, knowing that the other man had won for now. He had at the very least managed to create doubt in their fathers' mind.


Tiffany glanced up at the windows and saw the two men watching them. She nodded lightly and turned back to the charges. The four princesses were walking in front of them, stopping at flowers here and there. She glanced at Yuri and Sooyoung, both wearing simple boot cut pants and a plain colour shirt with black leather calf length boots. They were observing their surroundings, and she just knew they were committing every crook and cranny of the mansion into memory. They were thorough, she could not deny that but so were they.

Today was the second time she had seen the two guards taking down an opponent or be part of a take down. It was frightening to realise that these two can do so without the opponent ever realizing that they had been spotted. They responded on instinct, before thoughts. That made them both dangerous and deadly. The guards in the Jung kingdom all think before hitting, and it seems to work for them. The Jungs were different.

Both methods had its benefits, such as the Jung having many less enemies, but she had to give props to these two for being who they are. The Kim could not be easy to work for. Their leader seems too proud, the two daughters too closed off and the queen too non-existent. The woman never said a word at the supper. No way was she letting Jessica marry into that family if that’s what became of the wives.

The Kim queen had quite a reputation before. Kang WonHee was one of the strongest vampires of the kingdom and one of the most beautiful as well. She easily won the heart of Kim leader but fought him tooth and nail along the way. After a while, she finally gave in to him but was closed in to herself since then, there had been speculations as to why she was so recluse. However, none bare her family and guards knew why.

Tiffany was determined to keep Jessica out of their grasp. She will not see her free spirit be broken. Nodding once more at Yunho, she turned her attention solely on Jessica.

Sooyoung had to hold back her smirk as she looked at the shorter woman. Hwang Tiffany, weapon mistress, was worrying her pretty little head over her princess. She had caught the princes looking at them too, and a quick shadow walk that no one noticed quickly gave her insight in the situation. This could be an advantage for them, Jung Yunho being interested in Yuri… Now to see if the tanner woman would go for it… It was no secret to the two guards that JaeJoong had started his own plan, and from the way the princess was subtly sneaking glances at an impassive and cold Yuri, she just knew he had included her into it, most likely without her knowing. Yes, this could definitely be an advantage. HyoYeon had definitely rubbed off on her a bit. Speaking about her, Sooyoung thought, what could she possibly be planning now?

The younger of the Kim had also noticed her brother and the other prince. She had not missed the appreciative glances Jung Yunho had been sending, not towards her beautiful sister, but towards Kwon Yuri. She seethed that he did not appreciate her sister but the wheels turned in her head, and a plan came to her instantly. Sparing a quick glance towards Yuri again, she smiled. “Hyoyeon-ah, you are smiling to yourself.” TaeYeon lightly whispered to her sister, keeping an eye on the two other women. This stroll in the garden was insanely boring to her, always having preferred her books and her weapons to flower arrangement however, she kept up her pretenses. “Oh I hadn’t noticed thanks.”

“What were you thinking about?”

“Nothing much, just remembered something I read, that’s all. Oh unnie, look, azaleas!”

Taeyeon shook her head as she watched her sister head towards the pink flowers. Her sister was so easy to distract at times, at others, too focused. She had a hard time following sometimes. She smiled lightly before following after the younger. After her wedding, she most likely would not be spending a lot of time with HyoYeon so she must make the best of it now. She signaled Yuri to come closer.

“Yes princess?”

“Yuri, can you and Sooyoung leave us alone for a while?”

Yuri frowned, reluctant to do so after a close call earlier. “Are you sure, TaeYeon?”

“Yes, I’m sure the other guards won’t leave the two princesses. And you know we can take care of ourselves. Yuri-ah, I want time with HyoYeon.”

The guard looked at her, and at the younger princess, and nodded. She moved towards Sooyoung and whispered the demand to her. The same frown came on Sooyoung’s face, before looking at them. She reluctantly nodded and stopped walking. They turned around, catching the attention of Amber and Tiffany. They nodded lightly and hanged back while TaeYeon and HyoYeon just kept on walking. The two were torn between questioning them or following the princesses.

In the end, Tiffany told Amber to go ahead, while Tiffany walked towards Yuri and Sooyoung. “Is there something wrong?” Tiffany caught some movement in the window, seems like the royals were interested as well. “Not at all.” Sooyoung replied, keeping an eye on the two from her spot.

“The princess requested space.” Yuri added on, “We are just following orders.”


“Why did you tell Yuri and Soo to hang behind?” Hyoyeon asked her sister.

“I don’t get a lot of time with you lately, and probably won’t have it after the wedding either. I just wanted to spend time with you sweetie.” TaeYeon said as she looked in the distance. The others princesses were giggling together. A butterfly had landed on Krystal’s finger and the two were simply fascinated with the small entity. A flash of envy ran through her as she thought of the times she wouldn’t have with HyoYeon. She had always thought that when she would mate, it would be with someone in their own kingdom and that they would move into the mansion because of her status, or at least stay within their own clan… When she had met Junsu, she had really thought that these dreams would come true.

A sudden prickle to her senses stopped her for a millisecond, before Sooyoung shadow walked Yuri to where she had sensed the presence. Her heart started to beat faster but she kept a calm façade. No, she would not let them see her emotions.


“You shouldn’t be here Junsu.” Yuri said, as Sooyoung left the two alone. They were outside the mansion’s gates, where the guards were already sending dirty looks towards the obviously not royal or guard vampire.

“I want to see her.”

“You could have waited for us to go back to the mansion. I could have arranged something.” Yuri said, her voice low, her mind listening for the guards’ thoughts, making sure they couldn’t hear them. “This is dangerous for the both of you.”

“I want to see her Kwon, I need to see her.”

“Why did you come all the way out here Junsu? Leave now, before you make it harder for her to be here.”

“Kwon! Let me in!” Junsu sidestepped Yuri and ran full speed towards the gate only to be caught by Sooyoung, before the two guards at the entrance could stop him. Sooyoung had stayed in the shadow, as Yuri instructed her to.

“Kim Junsu, you will go back to Kim territory, and I’ll deal with you when we come back. You will not come into Jung territory acting like this. You will not ruin this contract!” Yuri sternly said, and then she whispered for his ears only, “Not until we find a peaceful way out for her, and we will, understood?”

He nodded weakly, before Sooyoung released some of the pressure on his arm.

“Is there a problem out here?” Someone called from behind. All three turned to look at him, and Yuri and Sooyoung nodded slightly. They were faced with Park YooChun, one of the generals and the Head of security for the Jung.

“Of course not Park-ssi,” Yuri said, “He was just leaving.”

Yoochun narrowed his eyes, before nodding suspiciously. He had not heard of this man before, he could not recall anything about a man with his name. However, the reactions both women had with him was enough to make him curious about his identity. “If you say so, I will wait to you ladies back to the gardens.”

“We do not need to be escorted back, Park-ssi” Sooyoung said, a slight smirk on her lips, “I can shadow walk us back.”

“I would rather walk you ladies back.” Yoochun insisted, his eyes still trained on the man in her grasp. “I insist.”

Sooyoung was about to say something when Yuri laid a hand on her shoulders. “Very well, General.” Yuri said coldly.

Yoochun acquiesced, while mentally chastising himself. How could he have forgotten basic manners when faced with strong women? He was supposed to have perfect memory. He had managed to offend the two by not treating them as equals, repeatedly calling them ladies and wanting to them. These were two of the strongest warriors now, and he had treated them as he would Jessica. He had insulted them. 

“Junsu, go back and we will talk when we get back.” The man he assumed to be Junsu nodded meekly, glancing at him before walking away.


Yunho was startled slightly at the quick disappearance of the two guards as was JaeJoong. He of course, was used to Sooyoung’s abilities; however, he also knew they would not just leave his sisters alone. When he saw them walking back with a man he would fear under different circumstances, he wondered what had happened. The tight look on both women’s face was telling, but of what exactly?

“The girls look like they are enjoying themselves.” Kim leader said to their host.

“It’s a shame they don’t mingle more though,” The Jung said. The four princesses were walking separately, with their respective sisters. Tiffany and Amber were trailing after Jessica and Krystal but Yuri and Sooyoung had been missing up to now. “I wonder where Guard Kwon and Choi went though, and why Yoochun escorted them back.”

“Guards Kwon and Choi must have a good reason; certainly, they are some of my best people after all.” The Kim gloated again, “Now, have I told you about TaeYeon’s last trip to France?”

Yunho and JaeJoong both tuned them out, focusing their attentions on the women below. JaeJoong looked closer at Jessica. She was pretty, beautiful even, but definitely not his type. No, her guard was more his type than her, but beggars couldn’t be choosers. He could never call her weak, he would not disrespect her that way, but she wasn’t strong either. The time he had spent in her presence today was small, but from his last two encounters with her, he could tell that she had a big heart. ‘That’s a good thing for me’ he thought. His gaze went to Yuri, who had no expression on her face. She was staring a hole through the cement wall separating the garden from the outside world. ‘I wonder what happened…“

Yunho gazed at TaeYeon. She looked to be sharp, kind, smart and beautiful. To anyone else, she would be the perfect woman, however to Yunho, she was the perfect burden. He did not want her but at the same time, if he did not get her, he would lose his beloved sister. Jessica was too delicate for the cruel ways of the Kim… ‘Why not let her choose?’ a voice said in the back of his mind. Letting Jessica choose, that was a good idea, it’s only fair… but… she could not find out about the deal. And… wait… this wasn’t his voice. He looked at Yuri directly, convinced that she tried to mind control him, never looking at the man beside him, whose talent for control was unknown.


Yuri felt someone looking at her but something told her that it would be better for her if she didn’t look. Her mind was occupied by thoughts of Junsu anyways. What will she do about him? Could she tell TaeYeon that he came here today? And how to let her know without her parents, the Jung or JaeJoong find out? A small, un-spottable sigh escaped her, and she erased the thoughts from her mind. She’ll cross that bridge when it comes, right now; she was still guarding her princess from a distance.

HyoYeon turned around at the same time Yunho was staring down her sister’s guard. A plan was forming in her head, and sacrificing her sister’s guard for the cause, seemed like a pretty good idea to her at the moment. ‘Ah, so the princess has a plan again…’ Yuri thought, watching the emotions pass on her face. ’Why do I have a feeling I will be involved?’ The youngest was currently raising an eyebrow at Yunho, catching his eyes directly. He quickly averted his eyes and turned back to whatever was happening over there. She caught her brother’s eyes after, and he smiled, knowing full well what she just did.

Those siblings, Yuri shook her head with a smile.