Chapter Five

Choices

One week has passed. Last music show is done. Last fansign is done. Festivals are done. No upcoming schedules. Promotions are finally done. Today is the start of the two months rest of the girls. Though today being the rest day, the leader will always be the first one to wake up every morning. It's still early and members won't wake up anytime soon so she decided to get some fresh air.

She walked towards the veranda. Her small hands holding the rails. Looking out at the still quiet city of Seoul and silently breathing the morning air. "Good morning." whispered Chorong to herself.

"Good morning, unnie." Chorong turned her head around and saw Bomi.

"Oh- you're up already?" said Chorong without any much movement, just her head looking at the younger girl.

"Don't you ever do that again, unnie." said Bomi.

"Do what?"

"Unnie, you just flipped your hair. Your silky hair moving, slo mo-ed in my eyes. You're so damn beautiful." said Bomi, staring at Chorong.

"Watch your words. And why are you up early?" said Chorong and went near Bomi.

"I am having a headache, unnie. I think it's because of our nonstop schedules and we're not getting enough sleep. It's funny now that I want to sleep, this headache won't let me." said Bomi smiling, looking like she doesn't feel pain at all. Typical Bomi who always cheers up the mood despite the ache she's feeling.

After hearing Bomi's explanation, Chorong hurriedly grabbed the younger girl's hand and walked her towards the living room.

"Unnie, It's not like I'm gonna die." retorded Bomi while being pulled by Chorong.

"No. I just don't want any of you sick. Wait here. I'll get a medicine." said Chorong and went straight to her room where she keeps these medicines just in case. Bomi dropped her body on the couch. She stuffed her head on one of the couch pillows and closed her eyes. Easing the pain and trying to be comfortable.

"Bom-ah, you could've just woken me up." said Chorong as she gets near Bomi from the kitchen. Bomi immediately sat up and fixed her hair.

"I wanted to wake you up but I saw you're sleeping deep in your dreams. I didn't want to disturb your sleep." explained Bomi.

"Nah. I've said this to all of you. Just come to me if you're not feeling well. Me, sleeping is not an exception."  Chorong obviously looks worried from her tone of speaking. "Drink this." said Chorong as she handed Bomi the medicine and a glass of water.

"Don't give me that look. You probably didn't hear me walking from the corridor to the kitchen 'cause you're close to sleeping. Just take the medicine and go back to sleep." said Chorong who figured out why Bomi was displaying a 'how' look. Bomi followed Chorong. She didn't have time to joke around since she is having a headache. Chorong held hands with the younger girl as she accompanied her to her room. On the bed, Chorong sat beside Bomi until she gets to sleep. She notices Bomi occasionally peaking at her but she didn't mind. She knows Bomi will soon get to sleep out of boredom. Before long, Bomi is now comfortably sleeping. Chorong fixed and tucked Bomi's blankets and went back to the kitchen.

Chorong started preparing breakfast. The members including Chorong, doesn't have a preferred type of breakfast. They have different taste but it changes everytime and they also want a variety of choices. She is preparing two kinds of breakfast. Toast and other carbohydrates and the other is a common korean breakfast involving the rice. While making the egg rolls, Namjoo and the maknae up greeted their unnie.

"Hi, unnie." said Hayoung.

"Good morning, unnie." greeted Namjoo.

"Good morning! Did you two had a good sleep?" asked Chorong in a motherly tone.

"No, unnie. Namjoo-unnie, went to sleep in my room. I didn't have much space." said Hayoung.

"I was having nightmares, unnie. And Hayoung-ah, don't you say you didn't have space. You were so caring last night. You even hugged me." said Namjoo.

"Ah...yeah?" said Hayoung pretending to not know what her unnie was saying.

"Ah...yeah?" repeated Namjoo to tease Hayoung. The maknaes soon started bickering each other. Finding holes on one another, defending themselves, and revealing each other's secrets. Just like what younger ones would do.

"You two, lower your voices. You might wake up others." said Chorong, still preparing food. As soon as Chorong said that, Eunji showed up out of nowhere. Obviously, the other three didn't see her.

"Hi, unnie." greet Eunji.

"Oh? You're awake, Eunji-ah?" said Chorong.

"Well, I heard their loud teasings."

explained Eunji and pointed to the the direction of Namjoo and Hayoung. The maknaes just guiltily grinned at Eunji and continued to play by themselves. Eunji then went to help Chorong prepare.

"Unnie, how can I help you?" offered Eunji as she wiped her hands with a towel after washing.

"Set up the table, Eunji-ah. Thank you." ordered Chorong.

"Let's eat first?" asked Chorong. At the same time wondering why Naeun hasn't got up yet.

"How about Bomi-unnie and Naeun-unnie?" asked Hayoung showing concern for the two.

"Bomi actually woke up first than the rest of you here."

"First time." Hayoung said and the three giggled.

"She said she's having a headache and she can't sleep so I gave her medicine and put her back to sleep." add the eldest.

"Sorry.." said Hayoung then raised her fingers for a peace sign.

"And Naeun seems to wake up late recently. She doesn't wake up this late even we have finished a schedule at early morning." wondered Eunji.

"I noticed that too. Maybe she just needs rest like Bomi. We had a full-sched comeback. It must be tiring for them." stated Chorong referring to the two weakest.

The four found their places and sat round the rectangle table. Eating and having small chit chats is what they want to do every time they have free time. They believe that eating together and being open comfortably will strengthen their teamwork and bond as a group and a family. All of them are halfway through with their food. While talking, a scream of fear was heard. A loud scream by Naeun.

"I'll go." said Eunji, then she drank water and dashed to Naeun's room. The three continued to eat but occasionally they look back on the corridor. They didn't go to Naeun because they know she will not say anything about what happened if there's too many people around.

Eunji on the other hand, reached Naeun's door and opened it quickly with strength.

The moment she opened the door, she saw the sobbing Naeun. Sitting up and hugging her legs. Eunji's heart broke after seeing her dongsaeng crying.

"Why, Naeun-ah? Why? Tell me. It's okay." said Eunji and sat beside Naeun while rubbing Naeun's back for comfort.

Couple of minutes has passed and Naeun still hasn't said anything. Eunji has been hugging the younger girl to make her calm but she's just crying loud and loud as time passes.

"Un..nie" said Naeun stuttering. And her voice sounds blocked and strained because of the crying.

"Hm?" Eunji responded fast as soon as she heard Naeun.

"I don't want to do this anymore." said Naeun trying to speak clearly despite her voice.

"What do you mean?" asked Eunji, confused of what the younger girl is talking about.

"Let's end this." Euni froze and the thought of the word 'end' came into her mind. Eunji cleared her negative mind and looked straight into Naeun's eyes. Looking so lost and has no idea of what Naeun is saying.

 

 

{END OF CHAPTER 5}