Chapter 2: Standing in the rain

I Should Watch Where I'm Going

After meeting, or more like crashing into the other boy the previous day, Sungmin couldn't get him out of his head. He didn't know the reason, but the tall guy's cheeky grin refused to leave his mind for more than five minutes at a time. It started to get frustrating. 

It was a rainy morning that day, (which made Sungmin curse a little since he didn't bring an umbrella) in contrast to the beautiful, sunny weather they had had the day he first met the boy. Kyuhyun. He couldn't understand why he was thinking about him so much. He did make a powerful first expression, though, by basically saving him from an awkward fall. But that doesn't explain the way the image of Kyuhyun's smiling face kept lingering in Sungmin's mind. Sungmin sighed in frustration. He walked in the hallway again, and passed the spot where he had met Kyuhyun the previous day. He frowned, when he caught himself wishing to see Kyuhyun there again. He slapped himself mentally.

"Get a hold of yourself Lee Sungmin!" he thought. He couldn't spend all day thinking about someone who probably forgot all about him already. He wasn't really a memorable person, you see. Even people who had been on the same class with him for years had sometimes problems with remembering his name. Usually this didn't really bother Sungmin, since he didn't like his classmates that much anyway. He only liked Donghae, his only friend on his class. He had some friends on other classes too, like Ryeowook who was a year younger than him, so he was pretty satisfied with his current social life. 

He was just thinking about his friends and the next lesson he was going to attend, which was Chemistry, not exactly Sungmin's favourite subject, when he felt himself bumping into something. Or someone. Again. He squeezed his eyes shut in embarassment. Oh no. 

"I should really watch where I'm going!!" he thought to himself as he felt a hand grabbing onto his arm. This scenario was getting a bit too familiar already. 

"Woah there, are you okay?" a voice asked him.

Sungmin slowly opened his eyes, trying to hide his embarassment, and he couldn't believe his eyes. Kyuhyun. Again. Right in front of him. His mouth fell open and he couldn't help but stare. What should he do? His brain only froze and didn't do him any help whatsoever. 

"Oh! It's Sungminnie!" Kyuhyun said cheerfully, smiling wide.

Sungmin just stared at him, but luckily found enough working brain cells to close his mouth at least. Kyuhyun didn't seem to notice Sungmin's obvious freezing, or just didn't care, and only went on.

"How have you been? Well, we saw each other yesterday so I assume nothing really big has happened since then. I'm doing fine, also isn't it funny that we meet again in this exact same hallway? Crazy, huh? Which lesson are you headed to? Considering the books in your arms and the direction you're heading, I'm going to throw in an educated guess; either Physics or Chemistry? Am I right? I quite like those subjects to be honest, but I at English. I actually have an English lesson soon and I'm not really feeling it. Would you like to ditch class together?" He blabbered on and on and left Sungmin so in awe that at first he didn't even realize the question Kyuhyun asked at the end of his monologue. But then it hit him, and his mouth fell open again. 

"H-huh? Why.. why would you..?" he stuttered, unable to quite understand why the other would want to spend time with him, considering that they had first met only a day before.

Kyuhyun only shrugged.

"I just thought that since you're here all by yourself, I'm here all by myself, and considering the way you were basically dragging yourself towards the class I guess you aren't quite feeling your next lesson either. So, what do you say?" he reasoned.

Sungmin didn't know what to say. Or actually he sort of did, since his head was basically screaming "GO WITH HIM", but he also had this tiny voice of reason saying that he shouldn't skip class. It didn't take long for him to drown the latter voice, though. 

"O-okay. Where do you want to go?" he answered, putting his books away in his bag. Kyuhyun grinned victoriously. As soon as Sungmin had put all the books in the bag, Kyuhyun grabbed his arm and started to run.

"Let's go, Sungminnie!" he laughed, dragging the wide-eyed, and a bit horrified, Sungmin with him. 

They ran along the school's hallway, and Sungmin saw from a window that it was still raining outside.

"W-where are we going?" he asked Kyuhyun, who still had a grip on his arm. Kyuhyun grinned.

"Just somewhere, I don't care." he answered, and lowered his hand from Sungmin's arm to hold his hand for a better grip while running, and Sungmin's breath hitched and his heart seemed to skip a beat at this small action. He tried his best to calm down his mind which was going really overboard. 

They reached the big doors at the entrance of the school building and Kyuhyun pushed them open, stepping out. Sungmin followed, since he had no other choice, Kyuhyun still holding onto his hand.

It was still raining, not heavily pouring but still raining, but Kyuhyun didn't seem to care as he stepped out in the rain, catching his breath after running and grinning as always. The rain fell down on the two, still linked by hands, and the yard was empty and silent except for the two and their heavy breathing. Sungmin felt this moment to be strangely special, somehow even magical. Kyuhyun looked down in Sungmin's eyes, still smiling while water drops were falling down his hair and face. Sungmin thought he looked extremely beautiful. He wished he knew how to stop the time. He didn't want this moment to end. But nothing ever lasts forever. This moment too, was shattered eventually by Kyuhyun chuckling:

"What are you looking at?"

Sungmin felt his face start to burn. He looked down.

"Uh.. nothing" he said quietly, embarrassed to be caught obviously admiring the other's features.

"Uh-huh. Well, by the way I'm sorry for the rambling earlier. I tend to talk nonstop when I'm nervous" Kyuhyun admitted, suddenly seeming shy, and scratching the back of his neck. 

"H-huh? Nervous..?" Sungmin was caught off guard. To him Kyuhyun had seemed to be the most confident person there is.

"Well, yeah. When I saw you the first time, I thought that it would be nice to be your friend, to know you better, but I wasn't sure how to approach you since you're an upperclassman and all." Kyuhyun explained himself, chuckling a bit. 

"O-oh." Sungmin said. He wasn't sure why he was feeling a bit disappointed in his answer.

"Anyway, Sungminnie, since we are already soaked by the rain, what do you think about heading to the swimming pool to hang out the rest of our 'freetime'?" Kyuhyun suggested and laughed. 

"O-okay" Sungmin agreed, smiling a little, not even being bothered by the nickname anymore. 

 

 

 

 

 

- Hey guys ^^ So I wrote a second chapter, which is a bit longer than the first, I hope you enjoyed it! Should I continue with this story, what do you think? Feedback is always welcome, and thanks a lot for reading!! 

P.s. I couldn't resist naming this chapter after a song from Nell because I love Nell so much and it sort of fit here haha -