Chapter 3: I didn't really think this through

I Should Watch Where I'm Going

They walked together in the rain, shoulders brushing a little from time to time. They didn't hold hands anymore, they were just walking side by side, towards the building where the school's pool was. Sungmin bit his lip, not knowing what to say when the silence between them changed from comfortable to awkward. 

He glanced at Kyuhyun, who was just looking ahead and quietly humming a song Sungmin didn't recognize. But then, without looking at Sungmin the other huffed and said:

"Why? Do you have something to say? Do I have something on my face?" Even though he wasn't looking at Sungmin his eyes had a obvious teasing glint in them.

Sungmin blushed a little and quickly lowered his gaze.

"N-no I.. I was just trying.. to come up with something to say.. I guess.." he tried to explain himself.

Kyuhyun laughed.

"It's okay, don't worry, I just like teasing people and it's apparently really easy to tease you." he said to Sungmin with a grin. Sungmin looked at him with a confused expression. That made Kyuhyun even more amused. He really liked teasing this smaller upperclassman.

They finally reached the building they were headed to, and Kyuhyun pushed the door open. 

"After you" he said to Sungmin with a grin. Sungmin glanced at him with doubt but walked past him in the building anyway. Kyuhyun followed him and closed the door behind them. He dropped his bag next to a wall far from the pool, so the bag wouldn't get water on it. Sungmin followed his example. He then looked at Kyuhyun who just smiled and started to walk towards the pool. He kneeled and dipped his fingers in the water.

"Thank God the water isn‘t freezing! I was worried for a moment." he laughed in relief. He was facing the pool, and Sungmin got an idea. He sneaked behind Kyuhyun and pushed him in the back, making him yelp in surprise and fall into the water with a splash. Sungmin couldn't help but laugh at Kyuhyun's face when his head emerged from the water. He had such a surprised and shocked expression and Sungmin found it hilarious. Kyuhyun just looked at the laughing Sungmin with wide eyes. It didn't take long for him to recover and to start laughing too. He swam back to the edge of the pool and looked at Sungmin, who now was leaning on his knees with his hands, still laughing. Kyuhyun smirked with a mischievous look in his dark eyes. He sneakily raised his arm out of the water and grabbed Sungmin, pulling him into the water too, causing a loud scream from him before he hit the water. When Sungmin's head popped up from the water with a similar shocked look on his face than on Kyuhyun's earlier, now it was Kyuhyun's turn to laugh. Sungmin just looked at him, but seeing him laugh so loud and cheerfully made his shock melt away. Soon he was smiling from ear to ear too. 

When Kyuhyun finally stopped laughing he looked at Sungmin who was smiling wide at him. He smiled at Sungmin and Sungmin couldn't get rid of the thought that his smile was possibly the most adorable thing he's ever witnessed in his entire life.

Suddenly Kyuhyun chuckled.

"I guess I didn't really think this through, what the hell are we supposed to do here?" he laughed.

Sungmin snickered too. He agreed with a shrug.

They were both in the pool now, but they had no idea, why. They really didn't think this through, and it made them both amused.

"Should we get out of here and dry ourselves so we won't get ill?" Kyuhyun suggested. Sungmin just nodded with a grin. This idea was a total catastrophe but somehow he didn't mind.

Kyuhyun swam to the edge of the pool and pulled himself out of the water. Then he turned around and offered his hand to Sungmin. Sungmin looked at the hand for a good few seconds before he realized what Kyuhyun meant. He grabbed the hand with his own and Kyuhyun helped him out of the pool. They were both soaked with water now after the rain and the quick swim, and now when they got out of the pool, they were starting to feel cold. Sungmin shivered. Kyuhyun apparently noticed that, and he said:

"Wait here for a sec." 

He walked away from Sungmin, disappearing behind a corner. Soon he returned with a pile of towels in his arms. He walked to Sungmin, set the towel pile on a bench near the pool and took one of the towels. He then approached Sungmin and wrapped the smaller boy in the towel. Sungmin just stared at him with wide brown eyes. Kyuhyun offered him a small smile before grabbing another towel and placing it on Sungmin's head, starting to dry the other's wet hair. Sungmin's heart missed a beat. He opened his mouth to say he could do that himself, but Kyuhyun was faster:

"I can do this, don't move. Just warm up in the towel." he said, and Sungmin closed his mouth, wrapping the towel around his shoulders tighter as told. He pouted a little and Kyuhyun snickered at the expression. Kyuhyun ruffled the shorter boy's hair with the towel one last time and let go. 

"It's mostly dry now." he announced.

Sungmin stood there for a few seconds a towel on his head, and then moved to grab an another towel. He then walked to Kyuhyun and grabbed his wrist with his other hand. He dragged the confused looking Kyuhyun to sit on the bench next to the towels and wrapped one around his shoulders. Then he picked up another one and started to dry his hair.

"I had to make you sit so I could reach your head well enough, you're too tall.." he muttered while drying the other boy's hair. This made Kyuhyun chuckle softly. 

"Sorry" he said with a grin. Sungmin tried his best not to look at Kyuhyun's face while drying his hair, for he didn't know what could happen if he did. He could feel the other boy's eyes on him, but tried not to give in. He stubbornly kept his gaze on the towel and Kyuhyun's hair. That wasn't really helpful either though, since the wet haired Kyuhyun looked extremely beautiful to him. He huffed in frustration. 

"Why am I like this?" he thought to himself. 

He was torn out of his thoughts when he felt a hand grabbing on his wrist.

He looked down and saw Kyuhyun looking at him in the eyes with those dark brown orbs of his. Something was feeling tingly in Sungmin's chest and words were stuck in his throat. 

"I think my hair is dry now, don't you think Sungminnie?" Kyuhyun said. Sungmin looked at his hair and saw that it was, indeed, pretty much dry already. He let go of the towel, only to notice that Kyuhyun did not let go of his wrist. He threw him a confused look, but Kyuhyun only looked at him in the eyes quietly, a hand on his wrist, like he was trying to figure something out from the look of Sungmin's eyes. Before Sungmin had time to analyze his odd behaviour, Kyuhyun smiled and let go of his wrist.

"Sit. Let's talk."

Sungmin sat down next to him. 

"About what?" he asked.

"Anything"  Kyuhyun answered. He thought for a moment. 

"What is your family like? Do you have siblings?" he asked Sungmin. 

"Uh, yeah. I have an older brother, Jungsoo. He's really good to me. And I have my mom and my dad. How about your family?" Sungmin said.

"I have an older brother who is not always that good to me. He's kinda nuts. His name is Heechul and I really don't understand him sometimes." he rolled his eyes. The gesture made Sungmin laugh a little, which made Kyuhyun smile.

"I actually have three brothers. All older than me. Heechul is the oldest, then is Jonghoon, then Hyukjae, and then me. You can probably imagine what it's like growing up with only older brothers. My whole life has been one big battle" Kyuhyun exclaimed dramatically and Sungmin giggled. Kyuhyun smirked.

"I also have my both parents, like you."

"Do you have any pets? If not, what is your favourite animal?" Sungmin asked. 

"Uh, we don't have a pet right now, but I like dogs a lot. How about you?" Kyuhyun answered.

"Uhm.. I don't have a pet either, but I do have a favourite animal. Promise me you won't laugh!" Sungmin said.

"Laugh? Why would I?" Kyuhyun asked, visibly confused. 

"Just promise me you won't" Sungmin pouted.

"Okay, okay, I promise. Just tell me."

"Okay.. uh, so.. my favourite animal.. It's bunnies." Sungmin answered quietly, looking embarrassed. 

Kyuhyun obviously had a hard time to keep a straight face. The corner's of his mouth kept twitching upwards but he tried his best not to laugh, after making a promise and all.

"R-really? Bunnies, huh?" he said, choking a little trying to supress the laughter bubbling inside of him.

Sungmin sighed. He appreciated Kyuhyun's effort but he was being really obvious. 

"I see you want to laugh, thank you anyway for even trying not to" he said to Kyuhyun, smiling a little himself. 

They talked like this for quite a while, about nothing and everything, and neither of them remembered when was the last time they had enjoyed themselves so much. Soon they saw the sun setting from the window of the building, and decided that it was time to go home. They left the towels to dry, grabbed their bags and walked out of the building, to the school yard, and stopped there. 

"Which way are you heading from here?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin. 

"I'm going that way" Sungmin answered, pointing at the direction he meant.

"Ah, okay, I'm going that way you see" Kyuhyun said, pointing at the opposite direction. He then waved to Sungmin goodbye and started walking away. 

Sungmin watched him go, until he realized that he didn't have any contact information from Kyuhyun, and he panicked.

"KYUHYUN!!" he yelled and ran after him. Kyuhyun turned around, startled by his voice, and watched Sungmin as he ran towards him.

"Kyuhyun, can I have your phone number?" Sungmin asked, catching his breath. Kyuhyun smirked, and nodded. He took his phone out of his bag and Sungmin did the same, and they exchanged numbers. Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun who grinned back. 

"Well, I'm gonna get going now, see you around. Sungminnie."  Kyuhyun said and waved, turned around, and started walking away again. Sungmin watched him go and smiled. He put his phone back in his bag and started walking too. He wondered, when he would see Kyuhyun again.

 

 

 

- Heyy, I'm back again with a new chapter ^^ I'm thinking about involving Eunhae, YeWook and KangTeuk into the story also, but I'm not sure if I should. Let's see ^^" Thanks for reading, feedback is always welcome! ❤ -