Chapter 6

Blue

After the doctor left the room, all of them weren’t sure how to react, but they surely know how hurt Bomi was. No one dared to speak; they just waited for someone who could ask what was happening.

“She’s Bomi, unnie.” Eunji said.

Chorong thought deeply, “Bomi? Your friend that will stay in our dorm?”

Everyone thought they will go nuts because of what was happening. 

“And how come it’s August 19 today? The last time I remember was September 12…” She confessed making everyone more confused.

Bomi didn’t speak but let out a very sad laugh with tears on her eyes. “It was September 17 when I started to live in the dorm, wasn’t it?”

The girls started thinking, “It was your Mom’s birthday!” Eunji realized.

Bomi started analyzing everything. 

Chorong’s mind could remember some memories; it wasn’t all, but the last date she remembers was September 12, the time when she only knows Bomi as Eunji’s friend.

Bomi wasn’t sure if she was right, but she kept quiet. She gathered herself and introduced herself to Chorong, as if it was their first time meeting each other.

“I’m Yoon Bomi.” She said wearing a fake smile. 

The girls were watching them, weren’t even sure how to react.

“Ah, hi. I’m Park Chorong.” She responded sweetly, like how she introduced herself before.

Bomi’s heart was melting, she was hurt, and they were back from the start.

She decided to head out and get Chorong’s stuffs on her apartment. Bomi saw a familiar blue notebook still placed on the top of the table. She sat on the floor, beside the bed and read one of the pages.

June 27, 2017
I didn’t know where to start or how to write an essay like this. Uh, how? I don’t like this kind of stuffs.. But it says I need to write what happened today, so I will write it.

Bomi smiled, simply thinking of Chorong while writing this, she was too adorable.

When I was eating, my phone rang and the named Bom-ah was displayed. I didn’t know what to say if I answer that call but I answered it anyway. The voice from the other line was cute, telling me to meet her at 2pm. I wasn’t sure if I would go, but it feels like I’ll enjoy hanging out with her, so I did.

Bomi remembered everything what they did every day, all the memories they shared. She flipped a few more pages, and a familiar date caught her eye.

August 14, 2017
Hi! I couldn’t sleep last night, so I just read everything written on this notebook. It seems like I really like that girl named Bomi, because I wrote the same thing every day. Haha!

I cooked her breakfast, and she was so shocked because I remembered her name from last night. I want to laugh really hard that time, but I want to .

Bomi smiled sadly, thinking of those memories they had for two days. It was precious. 

Bomi and I went to karaoke and I met the girls I was talking about in the notebook. They were nice, and too noisy. They even sang Psy’s Champion and they partied hard. I couldn’t help because it was so funny, so I took a video of them. Hahaha!

The girl felt happy as she realized how happy Chorong was that time.

And then we went home, Bomi was really tired so we decided to count the stars in front of my apartment. We also kissed. Omg. I didn’t know I could do the first move, but it feels so warm. 

Reading the second to the last sentences, Bomi remembered to count stars. It was the eighth night. She brought Chorong’s bag and went to the hospital fast as she could.

She was running, when she saw Chorong at the hospital park, staring at the sky. She was smiling. Bomi went to her as she pants hard, tired from running.

“Unnie.” She said.

“Bomi-ah?” She smiled, she was called Bomi-ah like before.

“Why are you looking at the stars?” Bomi asked.

“I don’t know, it is just so beautiful.” Chorong smiled while still looking above.

Bomi looked above as well, secretly counting nine stars for the 8th night.