Chapter 4

Blue

The sunlight reflected on Chorong’s face from the window wake her up. She lifted her head from the pillow and saw something pasted on the top of her bed. It was the blue note, but there was pink note pasted beside it. She held and read the pink note.

“Good morning, beautiful. :) I made something on the kitchen table, enjoy your breakfast! Call me when you wake up, alright?  - Bom-ah”

Bomi prepared her a breakfast, and decided to leave early before Chorong wakes up. So there will not be any problem when the girl saw a stranger sleeping in her apartment, because Bomi knows that she might call the cops.

Chorong stared on the paper, confused. She pasted the pink note on its original place and read the blue note this time.

"Hey, it's another day! Open the blue notebook placed on the table, read everything written on the first page."

Chorong decided to stand up, and read everything written on the first page of the blue notebook while eating the breakfast that Bomi prepared. She couldn’t absorb everything, so she just called Bomi like she asked.

“Morning, unnie!” Bomi said from the other line.

Chorong wasn’t sure how to react to a stranger, “Hello.” So this was the only word she said.

“I just want to remind you, that we promised to visit Han River, it’s our 3rd night to count stars.” Bomi casually explained.

“Stars? Count stars?” She asked, thinking why she would count stars.

“Yes, unnie, no more questions, okay? I’ll fetch you at 6:30pm.”

“Alright. See you then.” 

After Bomi hung up, Chorong decided to look at her phone. The call log was all Bomi, not much messages from her old friends she couldn’t remember, and old pictures. There was a picture of her taken on a white sand beach with the five girls, and the word APINK was written. She smiled a little, as if her heart could remember everything happened that day.

She stood up and cleaned the kitchen before going back to her room. She started to walk around, and before she could go one more step, she saw a blue notebook, exactly the same on what she was holding. She picked it up, and opened. The name Bomi was written on the first page. It was Bomi’s. 

It wasn’t her intention to read what was written there, but a picture of her and Bomi as a bookmark was placed between the pages. Chorong read it, random phrases.

You know that I’ll always wait for you
I won’t give up, even though it hurts so much
I think this is what love can do
I miss you, I need you, and I love you

Chorong wasn’t sure if these words were for her, but the tears from her eyes couldn’t stop falling. There was something inside that she couldn’t let out. 

It’s been so long
I can’t remember when the last kiss we shared was
When we still remember the memories
When I can still hold your hand without fears


xxx


It’s been 22 days since Bomi and Chorong started dating. And for them, it was called their two-two day. Bomi wasn’t in herself the whole day because she couldn’t think of what surprise she should do to make her girl happy.

“Bomi-ah!” Eunji punched Bomi’s arm lightly, “Come on, you still can’t think of anything?”

“No. Ah!!” Bomi said, frustrated.

They stared at each other for about five seconds, before Eunji suggested something.

“How about you buy something? Like couple shirts, rings or whatever.”

Bomi looked at Eunji weirdly, “I am friends with you since birth but I didn’t know you like those.”

“What? I can wear couple tees with my Naeun, no? I would love that.” Eunji said.

“Should we buy some, Eunji-unnie?” Nobody knows Naeun was there until she held Eunji’s hand and smiled.

“Okay, stop that. I might hurt my eyes; you two are being so clingy with each other.”

Eunji smirked, “You can’t do this to Chorong-unnie because you are scared, right?” she laughed, “Poor Bomi-ah~” then 2EUN went for a date.

Bomi couldn’t help but hit herself because she couldn’t think of anything. Then she suddenly remembered that Chorong loves to write songs, so she decided to buy a simple blue notebook as a gift.

It was raining heavily so they both decided to stay at Chorong’s room at the apartment for a quality time. Bomi closed the door and hugged Chorong immediately. 

“What? Hey..” Chorong was nervous, but she chose to treasure the moment with the only girl she loves.

“I’m afraid, you know?”

“Why? That I might forget you one day?” Chorong smiled, held Bomi’s small face, “Before that happens, I think you already stopped loving me.”

“Oh, no. What are you saying..” Bomi sighed, “I won’t stop loving you, and if that time happened, I will stay right next to you, every day, even if you don’t want to.”

“So cheesy, Bom-ah.” Chorong giggled, “I have something for you.” She stood up, and gave the box she prepared to Bomi.

Bomi excitedly opened it and she couldn’t stop laughing when she saw what’s inside. It was a pair of white shirts, with a star printed on it.

“Wow! Unnie! I didn’t expect that you’ll be the one to buy these..” She laughed, holding the shirts.

“Ya! Stop it!” Chorong couldn’t feel annoyed to this girl, so she just laughed with her, “Come on, I love stars.” 

“What’s with the stars? Do you love them than you love me?” Bomi pouted, and then Chorong unexpectedly kissed her lips.

They both turned red like it was their first time.

“Unnie.” Bomi said, pouting.

Chorong turned her head to her, “Stop, or I’ll kick your lips.”

“Just kiss it, so we’ll both feel happy.” Bomi laughed, as she stood up and handed the notebook she bought.

“I couldn’t think of anything, yeah, sorry.” The girl shyly confessed.

“Omo!” Chorong exclaimed when she saw something written on the last page. She smiled, “You know what, counting nine stars for nine nights will make your wish come true.”

“I don’t believe that, unnie.”

“Why? It is not bad to try.

xxx


The sky was dark, but there were no stars. It was raining heavily, like the sky was crying non-stop. Bomi was on her way to Chorong’s apartment as promised, so she decided to call the girl before arriving.

“Hello?” Her heart beats faster as she heard the sweetest voice she had ever heard.

She tried to calm herself before speaking, “Unnie, I’m just three minutes away.” She stopped, “I don’t have umbrella. It’s raining..”

Chorong wasn’t sure what to do, “Okay, just meet me on the Stationery Store near my apartment, I’ll go there.”

Chorong wore her coat, favorite black cap before she looked for two umbrellas. Unfortunately, there was only one, so she just went out using that one umbrella.

Few more steps before she saw Bomi, the rain stopped. She sighed in relief and went to Bomi who was wet because of the rain.

“You okay?” Chorong asked, worried that Bomi might get a cold.

“Yeah, unnie. Come on, it’s cold.” She guided Chorong while walking, when she unconsciously looked above.

The stars were starting to appear, as if someone above sprinkled it on the dark sky. Bomi smiled, and started counting.

“Six, seven, eight, nine..” She looked like a kid admiring those little stars above. Chorong was staring at her before Bomi spoke.

“It’s your turn to count, unnie.” Bomi said.

Chorong started counting, “Eight… nine…” and then everything went black.