Chapter 1

Blue

Chapter 1

As the sun rises, the girl starts forgetting everything again. She sleeps with the memories she had for the day, and wakes up with nothing at all in her head.

Anyone can see the situation as sadness, but every morning she wakes up, she reads a blue note pasted on the top of her bed, saying "Hey, it's another day! Open the blue notebook placed on the table, read everything written on the first page."

This is what she does every day. She was feeling curious as she pasted the light blue note back on its original place. She looked around and the blue diary-like notebook caught her eye. She sat, opened the notebook, and started reading.

May 17, 2017
Hi! If you are reading this now, you might be me, you are Park Chorong. Today, I discovered something sad from the doctor. He said, a day will come and I won't be able to remember everything when I wake up every morning. You might be shocked as you read this- knowing you- you get scared easily. That's why I am writing this. Just in case, I or you woke up remembering nothing from yesterday. Nothing at all.

I am really scared, but you shouldn't be. I still have my memories since I was born, but maybe, if you already read this, it is all gone. 

Don't self-pity, Chorong-ah. You just need to make good memories every day, and write it on this notebook. So even if it wasn't on your head, it was written here, so at least you can call it memories.

Here are some important things you need to know and remember.

1. You are Park Chorong.
2. You were born on March 3, 1991.
3. You don't wear revealing clothes. You hate it. Plus, you love writing songs.
4. You love chicken feet!!
5. Your ID, card and everything are placed on the drawer on the bottom left of the table.
6. You know kids named Bomi, Eunji, Naeun, Namjoo and Hayoung.
7. There’s a note saved on your phone, I described their personalities, so you won’t get scared or shocked if they do something weird. Don’t worry; they will take care of you. :)
8. Your Mom and Dad calls you Park-Cho. If someone visits you without calling first, you don't know that person. You told everyone to call or at least text you before visiting.
9. You need to take meds at 10am and 6pm. Scheds are posted on the medkit.
10. Do what you want to do. Don't forget to write everything on this notebook!

Enjoy!!!

- Rongrong~ 

She stared on the notebook for seconds, analyzing everything she had read. She was familiar with the words written- but she couldn't clearly remember it - as if she read everything written on that blue notebook almost hundred times. She flipped the notebook many times, realizing that she really wrote everything she did for the whole day before she sleeps.

She sighed and closed the notebook, "Okay, what should I do today?" She questioned herself, as she accepted the only rule written on that notebook- which was to ENJOY.

She stood up as she heard her phone ringing, showing a name she wasn’t familiar with.

Bom-ah calling...

Chorong thought deeply, suddenly remembering the blue notebook, telling that she has a friend named Bomi. She was nervous as she answered the phone.

"Hello?" She said slowly, with her voice almost whispering.

"Unnie! I thought you are still sleeping. How are you feeling?" The voice from the opposite line was relieved, and waited for her answer. 

She sighed, leaving the uneasiness she was feeling, "I'm fine, Bom-ah." Chorong answered.

"You call me in different names every day, but that one is my favourite." She could hear her heart beats faster, because the girl she was talking to was obviously smiling on the other line.

She didn't know how to response, but the girl spoke again, "Do you mind meeting me today?"

She felt excited but nervous as well, "Oh, yeah. Sure! Where?"

"The Wave, a café near your apartment, at 2pm." 

"2pm? Isn't it too early?" She hesitantly said, but she asked her anyways.

"You need to be home at 6pm for medicine so, yeah. We usually hang out early, unnie."

She suddenly realized what the girl said, so she just agreed, "Alright. See you!" And then she hung up.


xxx


“What did unnie say?” Namjoo asked Bomi, as she saw removed the phone from her ear.

“Nothing much, as usual.” Bomi sat, letting out a sigh.

“You want me to come with you, unnie?” Hayoung asked without looking at her. She was playing games on her phone like usual.

“Hey, no. Give them a private time.” Eunji answered, looking at Bomi, “What will you tell her today?”

“I don’t know. Maybe the same thing I said yesterday?” Bomi said as she cracked a sad smile.

“This is not so you, Bomi-unnie, you know? Come on, cheer up.” Namjoo noticed Bomi’s mood.


xxx


Chorong arrived on the café 10 minutes before 2pm. She was anxious, she didn’t know what to say or even how to act in front of her said friend. She thought what to do, but she remembered the note saved on her phone instead. She read it as she waits for the girl to come.

 

Yoon Bomi

August 13, 1993

1. A small girl- but a bit taller than you- with black wavy hair.

2. She has an almost straight eyebrows, a beautiful tall nose, and a mole under her left eye.

3. She likes playing around, she’s noisy and tells joke every second.

4. She likes skinship. 

“Unnie!” She heard someone seems calling her, she looked around and saw a cute girl wearing a jersey bigger than her, under a checkered jacket.

She hid her phone in her bag, and smiles awkwardly to the girl who sat in front of her. Chorong stood up, both hands placed on her lower stomach, almost bowing 90 degrees at Bomi.

“No, no, unnie! Don’t bow at me! We’re not strangers, you know?” Bomi laughed as she stopped Chorong bowing at her.

Chorong stopped, and sat slowly. She didn’t know what to talk about, and she thinks she’s being weird.

“So, you are Yoon Bomi? Hello.” She finally gathered herself, and started talking.

“I am. Did you take your medicine for 10am before going here?” Bomi asked casually, like they were very close friends.

She nodded, and took a sip from her drink, “Can you.. tell me something about myself? Or something about how we became friends and what stuffs do we usually enjoy?” Chorong asked, just wanting to know everything.

Bomi giggled, realizing that it was the same question she heard yesterday, every day, every time they meet on the same spot. “You are really consistent, unnie.” She laughed, clapping her hands.

Chorong found the situation weird, but managed to laugh as well, because of the beautiful girl in front of her. “What? What did I do?”

“You said the same thing you said yesterday, last week, last month..” Bomi answered, smiling.

“Really? I didn’t know that, I’m sorry.”

“And I just realized it now. I am really an idiot.” Bomi said, laughing on herself.

The conversation she had with Chorong today was different from yesterday, and she was happy because of that. She might be feeling lonely at times, but the small things which happen between her and Chorong makes her the happiest person in the world.

“Oh, no. Don’t say that to yourself.” Chorong spoke, as she didn’t want the girl in front of her call herself an idiot. “But, you are really beautiful, Bom-ah.” She smiled sweetly, making Bomi’s heart almost jumped out of her body.

“Omo, unnie. Stop it~” Bomi cracked, letting out an aegyo.

Chorong couldn’t help but smile, watching Bomi acting crazy in front of her.

“How about dakbal in Hongdae today, unnie?” Bomi suggested excitedly.