Dawon

Late Hours

Taeyang is leaning on Youngbin under the dim streetlight, eyes down the road as the chill of the wind is pulling across the younger's hunched shoulders. The shaking of the dongsaeng causes a reaction from his hyung, as the older carefully pulls the shivering shoulders even closer to himself, sharing the warmth of his jacket with the other, successfully zipping it up with both of them inside. Taeyang curls his arms together, attempting to find space for them to rest, while the heat seeping from the jacket and his kind, thoughtful hyung fills him up whole. The struggling younger ends up turning around embracing the body emitting so much warmth next to him, as the tight jacket doesn't leave him with much other choice. Youngbin looks at the boy clinging to him so desperately, purple hair brushing against his chin as Taeyang leans his head against the crook of the older's neck. He puts his arms around the baby standing on one foot, softly bending the other, unable to lean or support it against anything at the moment, but instead suspending it loosely in the air as his shaky foot vibrates in the cold air, only resting the leg with the tip of his toe. The sun's eyes are steadily opening and closing as the late hours are getting to him. The older brings up his hands, attempting to smudge the tired look out of the youngers eyes with his thumbs, them gently. A fond look shine across the leader's face as he thought of how much work this boy put himself through for his group, staying up way later than the current hour that is so hard on him today, moving his body to the rhythm of their newest song as he perfects the choreography a bit more, sharper, with more feeling every time it replays. A bit of sadness escapes from the back of Youngbin’s mind and through the air, drenching the scene of the two males as the older runs his hand through the hair of the younger, a loaded sigh escaping his lips as he looks up at the overcast sky, clouds slowly tumbling above them, brooding, yet barely visible through the thick darkness that is surrounding the warm glowing streetlight.

 

Stinging car light hits the leader's face as a black vehicle pulls up outside of the hospital. Another member, rushed, tumbling out of the front passenger seat as he pushes himself towards the pair beneath the streetlight with a questioning look on his face. "Is his dongsaeng ok? Will the sun still be the main dancer, still move so smoothly? Is he badly hurt?" He voices none of this, but Youngbin can read all the frantic questions from his concerned demeanour, slowly ping his jacket and urges the clinging baby to turn around. But again, the boy just clenches his fists even harder, eyes squeezed shut. His hot breath condensates into the air, visible through the light above them as the dongsaeng yelps into the leader's neck "Hyung, no...". A bewildered look flashes across Dawon's face as he watches this strange interaction between his leader and this younger male. The tired arms straining themselves to stay clasped around the older's chest as the shaken dizzy head refuses to give in despite the pleas of the elder; "Taeyang, please let your hyung take care of you. I need to go back in". This strange way his dongsaeng was acting, he had never been this clingy. He would never drape himself across other members, rather slight touches then skinship like this. The careful boy would mostly give in, allowing people close to him instead of taking the initiative, staying passive, shying away sometimes with insecurity in his eyes as he leans away from the other member’s grabby hands, and other times lightly giving affection back in small gestures and brushes. A smirk played Dawon’s lips as Youngbin was able to peel the younger off of him, turning the flailing boy around to face his hyung as he gladly put his arm around the back of his dongsaeng who had immediately started to grasp the back of the other's jacket for balance as he had realized who he was being handed over to. He glanced at the leader who was returning back to the hospital while he hobbled tiredly to the car, lead by Dawon, who seemed amused by his dongsaeng's sudden change of character.

 

The older, a couple cm below his dongsaeng, carefully shoved Taeyang into the car, smirk falling into a more serious expression as the younger brushed his knee against the front seat while getting himself settled in the back. He was clasping in on himself in pain, only pressing his fists against his own chest as he tried to avoid touching the burning area centring around his sprained knee. Dawon got into the car in a rushed manner, slamming the door shut behind him, leaving the cramped car with only the humming of the motor mixed with the small whimpers of the younger, softly, silently pleading for his pain to go away. The older’s heart was breaking as he pulled the younger close, his back, squeezing his hand firmly to express emotion, compassion towards his dongsaeng whose tears now had started falling, caused partly by pain, partly by confusion, his concussion making him more emotional then he should be, mind slightly lagging behind his actions. Dawon doesn’t know what to do when the strong, confident member that he appreciates so much crumbles in front of him, soft crying turning into heaves as his sunshine is starting to bawl his eyes out, choking a bit attempting to stop, but eventually giving in to the tears. The younger turns arounds for comfort from his slightly awkward hyung, placing his feet across his lap, flinching a bit through his shaking back as he settles down his left, head leaning forward at the chest of the older, forehead forcefully pushed against his collar bone. He had been holding back for a long time, not willing to unsettle the leader with his uncharacteristic crying, but with Dawon it’s ok. He can freely let the tears slide down his face, as his warm, bubbling hyung will be there to wipe them away, unfazed. His understanding face would never be put off by the selfishness of Taeyang’s hands, clasping him close for comfort as a few words hicks past his lips; “hyung, thank you”.

 

Taeyang cursed himself for being so childish, he had no reason to cry. The ache in his knee is bad, but it will heal. The lingering feeling of unbearable heat in his skull, making him dizzy and sick, lowering his power of judgement and causing his mood-swings would go away in a couple of days. He blames it on the concussion and the heavy air in the car, windows like holes, giving glimpses of the dreary, overcast sky outside.

 

Soft hands move up from Taeyang’s shoulders to his head, making him loosen the pressure of his forehead, who was seemingly glued to the front of his hyung, leaving the older with the face of his dongsaeng, eyes like faucets fully opened, water cascading, trickling down his cheeks in streams. The muscles of the youngers stomach were tightening with the violent sobs pushing themselves out of his throat, causing him to slant forward, covering his mouth meekly with one of his hands, clenching his chest with the other. His shirt crinkle into a distressed flower around Taeyang’s fist as his fingers dig into the fabric. Dawon looks at the younger with calm eyes as he starts combing his hair with his fingers. “it’ll be ok”. He allows the younger to settle his head back onto his chest, patting his shaking shoulders firmly, hoping the cluelessness of how to handle this situation don’t shine through his actions.

 

The car was close to the same temperature as the air outside, causing the hairs on Taeyang’s bare arms to prickle up, cold air from the vents of the car seeping into his loose shirt, distracting him from the heaving and hiccupping sobs escaping his throat. Dawon snapped out of his slight internal panicking easily noticeable in his slightly widened, concerned eyes as he noticed the younger wasn’t shivering due to the tears escaping his eyes, but instead due to the cold that was covering him like a blanket. He was rushed to the hospital with concerned eyes only looking at his broken appearance and handling him accordingly, bringing him, bearing him without noticing the skimpy clothes he was sporting, dressed for the clammy air of their practice-room. The boy was wearing only a loose tank top, falling softly across his built frame, and black stretchy pants, wrapping around his skinny legs making him look even taller next to the other members; his experienced legs that looked like they could break sometimes when he performed the more straining moves, causing the members to focus their eyes in awe, but never concerned at the skilled dancer.

 

The tears on the younger’s face have mostly dried, leaving read streaks below his puffy eyes as Dawon wraps his windbreaker around the lanky boy, placing his arms around the shivering baby to secure him as the dongsaeng re-settle his head against the older’s tense shoulder, shaking intruding hair away from his eyes.

 

 ------------------------------

So I decided to change the the tense to present continuous (I think it's called) because it felt better to write it that way. But I don't feel like I am getting the personalities correctly, shying away from deeply describing them and causnig it to end up seeming superficial. Though I will do my best, so bare with me as i am trying to figure out their dynamic.