Inseong

Late Hours

Before he managed to close his eyes fully, another hyung came bursting in through the door, causing it to slam against the wall, sound hammering through Taeyang's aching head. When he saw his dongsaeng was awake, he rushed over hurriedly to check on him with apologetic eyes, asking if he was ok. The state of the boy spoke for itself. Tired red eyes barely open, shivering quietly, just leaning onto his hyung. So pitiful.

 

"Hyung..." Taeyang's voice was hoarse.

 

"The car has arrived; we need to get you to the hospital now." Inseong sounded stressed. He felt bad; didn't want to rush the boy, but he should get treated at once, as they don't know how badly hurt he actually is.

 

Taeyang heard, and started getting up, moving the lower part of his body for the first time since waking. He got into a seated position, putting his feet down from the bench. As he bent his knee, he felt stabbing sharp pain go through it, causing tears to well up in his eyes again. He swallowed down the aching feeling, trying to get up, but continuously failing, making the pain even worse each time he tried using his leg. There's a burning sensation along his entire limb at this point, centring around his knee. A tear rolls down his cheek as he feels even more useless. So unnecessary. The group would do so much better without him. These wonderful hardworking people that Taeyang treasured in his heart so much, every single one of them, shouldn't need to deal with this kind of problem. This kind of ordeal that easily could have been avoided if carelessness didn't get the best of him.

 

Inseong saw a change in his dongsaeng's expression as he pulled him up on his feet, and slung the boy's arm across his own shoulders. The feet that immediately gave in to the pressure of his bodyweight bearing down on them, causing a pained moan to leave Taeyang's lips. Inseong used his caring arms to lift the struggling boy from the cold floor he was approaching. The dongsaeng's cheeks warmed even more as he felt a strong arm under his knees; a bit painful, but he could take it. His head felt stuffed like boiling soup, and he was a bit dizzy. The compassion from his worried hyung felt good, and made him relax. He had never been treated like this before. By s, handling him so gently, looking at him with soft eyes. He leaned his shaken head against his hyung's chest, his own hair brushing against his eyes, that were closing to the comfort and security of Inseong's tight arms.

 

The older looked fondly at the baby snuggling against his chest. He looked so relaxed and peaceful, despite the obvious pain he felt, small shivers going through his body and clenching his fists against his hyung’s shirt. His purple hair was casting shadows across the slender boy’s face, clear skin folded into a furrowed brow, jaw clenched as his heart was beating steadily, fully trusting his worried hyung, who had started walking swiftly, a bit rushed against the door of the clammy practice room. Worried looks followed the skilled feet hanging loosely from Inseong’s arms as one member’s kind hand opened the door, tall legs moving through, quickly out of the tall building, getting into the car parked outside, engine still running. The rumbling of the street echoed in the sunny boy’s head as the door slammed shut, abruptly cancelling all sound of the outside world, only the warm humming of the car seeping through the seats and into the ears of the passengers, younger leaned against the car door on top of Inseong’s lap, still protected by his caring arms. Hand softly patting his hair as he was calming down from the sudden movement, pain slowly settling down.

 

Taeyang was slightly embarrassed by the babying he got from his hyung. He wasn’t used to it. The older usually played around a lot and , running around and joking loudly. This felt so serious, he was getting chocked by the tension. He moved his eyes towards the face above him, staring forward into open space, seemingly lost in thought with a worried look pasted on. The engine of the car felt louder and louder each passing minute, as Taeyang was starting to feel lonely and a bit anxious at his lost hyung. He wanted comfort, shaken by his unsettled head and chilled by the cold car. He squeezed his eyes shut as he dove in, clutching his arms around Inseong’s waist and burying his face in his belly, causing the older to jump, but then immediately settle down, enjoying the sudden clinginess of his baby dongsaeng, muttering soft “it will be fine Taeyangie, don’t worry”, running his fingers through the soft hair down to his neck. The boy started digging his head underneath his hyung’s shirt for warmth, pressing his face against the smooth skin emanating heat he so desperately needed. He took in the older’s familiar scent of sweet mixed with a bit of sweat from the dance practice he tried not to think about. He closed his eyes again, feeling a bit guilty for taking this liberty that he didn’t really disserve.