Return

Late Hours

"Why did you bring him?" Jaeyoon stands slanted forwards in front of him, uncomfortably close.

 

" ... "

 

“He ruins the mood of this entire practice session. Besides, he isn’t even doing anything anyway, so why bother?” The older practically spits the words in Hwiyoung’s face.

 

“… He wanted to go.” His eyes cast upwards as he spoke matter-of-factly to his hyung.

 

“The hell does that mean? If he told you to jump off a bridge, you would? Nevertheless, I don’t understand why you’re still hanging around him anyways.” Jaeyoon was about to give up talking and leave, when the younger grabs his arm, uncertainty in his face as he moves. He pauses.

 

“Umm, hyung… I think you are judging him too harshly.” His eyes flicker as he speaks, unwilling to glimpse the other’s expression. Jaeyoon’s face remains unchanged. He pulls loose from the younger’s grasp and reaches for the handle, causing Hwiyoung’s hand to slip down. It hangs aimlessly from the joint of his shoulder before he takes control, stuffing it securely into his pocket.

 

Before the older has time to press down the handle, a yelp is heard from the other room. Voices and shuffling reverberate through the walls, and Hwiyoung man-handles Jaeyoon out of his way before ripping the door open. The older stumbles back with an annoyed but slightly worried expression. As the younger rushes to his friend on the floor who is sitting with his face covered, breathing heavily and curling his toes with a hiss, the other members mutter among themselves. Everyone except one Lee Sanghyuk, who is glancing apologetically towards the scene. His eyes meet with Hwiyoung for a second, who is worriedly rubbing Taeyang’s back while scanning the room with his eyes. The older then lowers his head, and turns to Inseong who is sitting by his side. He says something inaudible to the younger, who immediately perks up a bit after hearing.

 

Taeyang’s heavy breathing is starting to settle down. He brings his hands down from his face to clutch his knee, but stops himself. Instead he tightens his fingers into fists, and brings them down to his sides. His face has turned tinted red, and he is starting to sweat. Hwiyoung sits silently beside him, muscles in his face tight, and with willing hands moving, fiddling with the hem of his shirt, but unaware of how to help, what to do. Jaeyoon is standing in the open doorway, not sure if he should enter, but when he hears steps behind him he scurries in to join the others.

 

Youngbin patters hurriedly into the room, lowering himself in front of the two sitting against the wall.

 

“Did your sprain become worse?” The leader looks attentively with wide eyes at the sun’s face, however when he gets no answer he turns to the younger.

 

“What happened?”

 

Hwiyoung pauses. Right before he was about to open his mouth, he glances towards the other members, and thinks for a second, then speaks.

 

“I’m not really sure, I was out for a second, and he was like this when I came back.” He talks with a concerned smile, a bit flustered as he strains his facial muscles with the words.

 

Youngbin gets up again, sporting a furrowed brow, and firmly gives his order before gesturing to the door.

 

"You take him back to the dorm, it would be better than to stay here”. He leans down to hook Taeyang’s arm over his shoulder to hoist him up, motioning for Hwiyoung to do the same. After struggling, the sun finally settles on Hwiyoung’s back. The two younger leave together, causing a sweep of cold air to pull through with the closing door.

 

----------

 

Here I am, returning with this short chapter. I have no excuse for not writing for so long, other then lack of motivation paired with life related stuff and creative projects i have been working on. I will try to write more frequently from now on, so thank you for still reading my story.