Youngbin

Late Hours

Taeyang was nudged awake by the backlash of the car stopping, head aching like no tomorrow and right leg getting knocked off the seat of the car it was resting on. Brown eyes flashed open wide, as he felt his kind hyung picking him up as he got out of the car, cautiously making sure his hurt leg wouldn’t bump into anything. The baby’s hand started grasping at the older’s shirt as he was getting cold again, exposed to the wind outside. It was blowing harshly at the almost trees lining the streets, ripping dry leaves off, carrying them to god knows where. The boy was shivering now, pressing his face into his hyung’s shoulder, failing to notice the closing of the front passenger seat of the car.

 

Two firm hands were placing a jacket across Taeyang’s tired body as he felt warmth sweep over him. His dizzy confused head started panicking as Inseong started nudging his dongaseng into the other’s arms, who was clutching even harder to his hyung’s shirt, refusing to let go or even turn his head, squeezing his eyes shut against the fabric. The strange arms were around him now, feeling a bit familiar, but Taeyang was too shaken to notice, focusing on the hyung who was trying to peel his hands off of him, a bit hurt at the action, but gently letting go as he heard the soft voice cooing “Ssh, Taeyang, leader-nim is taking care of you now”.

 

Youngbin was a bit shook by how clingy his usually independent and confident dancer was being, as he witnessed the struggling boy saying goodbye to the lingering other, then to immediately turn and clutch desperate arms around the unexpecting leader, tears burning the corners of his eyes. A soft “hyung…” slipped his mouth. The black-haired male had a worried look on his face as he carried the baby into the hospital to sit in the waiting room, having a bit of ha hard time keeping the taller younger in his grasp. They sat down on one of the blue couches in the cold plain room, Taeyang on Youngbin’s lap, leaning against the arm rest. As a leader, he should have known better then to let one of s over-exert himself like this. The late hours he had gone back, music still playing in the practice room as their diligent main dancer was still there sweating, only to find him returning at ungodly hours. Why didn’t he say anything? Now this has affected all the members, and the health of their group’s sunshine. He placed one of his hands on the forehead of the younger, combing his soft hair with his left, tightening a bit as he felt heat of the other, a rush of guilt running through him. “Baby, you are burning up!”. He clutched both his hands around the younger’s head, rubbing his temples as the brown eyes opened and closed slowly, struggling to stay awake.

 

The headache had gotten worse, as Taeyang didn’t feel cold anymore. Instead he was sweating bullets, a bit startled at the older’s outburst. He brought his hand up, urging the leader to let go of his head. “You don’t have to worry, I’m fine”; words shakily leaving the younger's lips. Youngbin looked at his dongsaeng in disbelief, as he thought. Of course, of course his sunshine would say that. He was always fine, no matter what happened the kind boy would use the same words to explain his state of being. He placed a soft kiss at the scorching forehead, as a seal to his wish of it cooling down, as the younger had finally closed his eyes, breathing steadily, pumping warm air out of his lungs, lips slightly parted as his stuffy nose didn’t allow him to breathe through it. Youngbin smiled painfully at the sleeping member as he placed his hand on the relaxed shoulder.

 

The tranquillity of that moment didn’t last as long as the tired leader wanted though, as the white door at the end of the room quietly opened and a woman in a white coat called in a calm clear voice “Taeyang Yoo”.