2/?

Music Notes

I've been cheated by you since I don't know when...

Everyone looks towards where it came from, curiosity in their eyes as they take in a slumped figure, hands mixing a cup of coffee in what seems to be a depressing manner. His lips are pursed into a pout and an elbow coming up on the table so he may rest his head on it. His unusually large eyes lack of any brightness and a long, deep sigh is heard, taunting the smaller man sitting across him to grip on his own cup of coffee in annoyance.

My, my, how can I resist ya? Everyone turns back into what they were originally doing, choosing to ignore the sad singing that lulled out of the man's lips. They had other more things to do than spend their whole time watching a man lose his mind over what they must guess is a failed relationship.

The other man leans on his chair, watching the taller with a cautious look in his eyes yet the man pays him no heed. He continues to stir his coffee in gloomy silence, occassional sighs coming out of his lips. He watches as his tall friend murmur under his breath as if he were talking, or rather arguing, with his own self like he usually found him doing before lapsing back into the most depressing rendition of ABBA's hit song ever.

Mamma mia, does it show again? He looks to the table on their right where an elder woman taps him on the shoulder to gesture over his tall friend in concern. He only gives the older woman a small smile before mouthing, 'He's fine, just a bit stressed that's all' to her. The elder woman doesn't look convinced, eyes darting from him to his taller friend, as if deciding if she should help or not. Nevertheless, she gives the man a comforting smile before going back to her tea.

My, my, just how much I miss ya He winces when his taller friend takes his singing up a notch, the obvious screeching in his voice reverberating over the cafe noise, turning a few heads their way. He sees a group of high school girls giggle to the side and internally groans when they leave their table one last sparing glance and a giggle before heading out.

He nudges his taller friend on the knee, shooting him a warning glare and gesturing for the taller to finish his coffee instead, but the latter only sighs, picking the teaspoon back up to resume stirring the cold coffee again. The shorter man rolls his eyes and with a huff, leans back and probably a little lower down his chair in a little bit of humiliation not for his dramatic friend but for being forced in his current predicament. He would much rather be excluded for this, but curse his blessed heart.

Then, his friend draws in a huge gulp of breath, one that is familiar to him and he lurches upward on his chair with a pleading look but alas, it was futile for his friend proceeds to stand up, the chair scraping the floor behind him and suddenly, everyone's eyes are on the strange man again.

Yes, I've been brokenhearted! Blue, since the day we parted. Why, why, did I ever let you go? Mamma mia... The shorter one jumps up from his chair, to pull the taller one back down, but the taller was much stronger and much absorbed into his dramatic enactment of the song, arms flailing on his sides. The people in the cafe have begun to murmur to themselves both in worry and amusement, with some of them even putting up their phones to record the occassion. Even the baristas looked up from their work in curiosity, while a few of their patrons clapped along to the man's performance. Jongdae wanted to bury himself alive at this point. It was the sheer humiliation that gave him the energy he didn't know he possessed to drag his friend out of the cafe, a thunder of applause fading in the background as well as a 'Aw, come on, he was just getting started!' but Jongdae didn't care.

"You idiot!" Jongdae screeched as soon as they were a distance away from the cafe. "What did you think you were doing?! Trying to get us kicked out?"

"But Jongdae..." His friend whines, eyes a bit teary as he pouts down at his friend. "It hurts."

"I know, you ." Jongdae sighs. "But have you ever thought that maybe going into a song in the middle of a cafe a little bit too much?" Jongdae asks. "For god's sake, I couldn't even get to drink my coffee properly what with you hitting all the damn notes wrong."

The other continues to pout as his shorter friend continues to squawk in complaint.

"Oh god, now I can never get to show myself in that cafe again. And I really liked their coffee plus the blueberry croissants. It doesn't hurt that that one barista in there is cute, too and--"

"Jongdae, you aren't helping." He interrupts him midway with a whine.

Jongdae glares a him and with a huff says, "Chanyeol, you're my best friend and I love you and no matter how angry I may sound like right now, I worry for you. What you did there was an eye-opener for me. You never told me how much that hurt you and I could've helped you, you know." Jongdae adds, now softly. "But now I do, and I guess what you need is a break."

"I've had enough breaks, Dae."

"That's not what I meant, idiot. I'm saying you need to take a leave from work and get out of this place. Get some fresh air or something." Chanyeol looks at him quizically, head angled towards the side in a questioning manner.

"And how do you propose that would help me?"

"It'll help you clear your mind, even just a little. You're stressed out, Yeol. Both from that and from work. What you need is something else to keep you occupied; like do some hiking or something."

"These limbs are not made for hiking."

"On second thought, you're right. I wouldn't want to pull you out of some ditch if you fall, that would be too tiring." Jongdae immediately brightens, a grin on his face. "I know! I have a friend whose grandmother owns a resort in the mountains. It doesn't really operate now but it'll open for anyone willing to pay. It's in Bucheon, so going there won't be much of a problem. They say the hot water spring works like wonders. What do you think?"

"I don't know, Dae. I don't feel like it at the moment."

"I'm sure you will soon. They've got tons of other recreational stuff to do. Like sports and an awesome catalog of video games."

"Video games?" Chanyeol echoes. Jongdae grins, understanding that familiary hazy look in Chanyeol's eyes.

"You have to get past the dog first, though. The little corgi's very territorial of those."

"A... corgi?" He hears Chanyeol choke on the last syllable and Jongdae chuckles.

"Yup! I could even get you in on a discount. I know my friend would be delighted to give you one, as long as it meant having a guest back on the resort. His grandmother's feeling really lonely these days, you see."

"Okay." Chanyeol says.

"Okay what?" Jongdae asks him.

"Okay, I'll go." Jongdae grins, chuckling evilly in his head and internally musing of a Chanyeol-free weekend.

"Perfect.