Young Forever

I Need U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7
Title: Young Forever
Alternative Title: Just One Day
In which: The story comes to an end

 

 

The sun was rising and Taehyung still can’t sleep, thinking of a certain orange haired dancer who insisted and stubbornly never left his thoughts. Letting out a tired sigh and feeling sleep edge its way in, his phone ruined the moment as his phone vibrated softly. Taehyung felt relief that there was no practice for the week--( because the management has to settle the props and equipment needed). As he looked at who the sender was, the relief turned to shock, surprise, curiosity, panic. He calmed his mind and opened the message.

 

Message of Jimin to V:

”Don’t get sick, smile and laugh like always, if you have any burdens talk to me.”

 

Taehyung’s heart felt constricted as Jimin’s message because it seems like it’s the last text he’ll ever receive. It was the start of a bad day and he felt too emotional to text back because there’s an inkling feeling he won’t receive a reply.

Even when Jimin sent the text, he wasn’t really hoping for a reply. To him, it was the last message he’ll ever send to Taehyung. To try to forget his developing feelings for him but it still hurt him it’s the last time he’ll text Taehyung. No more late night texts, no more “Jgh, you?”. no more “Wake up, you’re late!”, no more silly emojis, no more stories, no more Taehyung.

Armed with towels and handkerchiefs he emptied from his drawer and tissues he saw at the table, he went to Yoongi and Namjoon’s studio, trespassed, burst into tears and didn’t speak. Extremely surprised at the breakdown of a certain Park Jimin, Yoongi immediately hugged the boy in worry as Namjoon immediately "911-called" you through speed dial and demanded you to come to their studio.

When you barged in, armed with ice cream, blankets and more tissues, Jimin was still crying quietly as Namjoon and Yoongi kept glancing at him from their work. Deciding that their work can be finished later, they both gave up and approached you and Jimin. You kissed Jimin’s tear stained cheeks as he put his head on your shoulder as you conversed with the others.

 

“How long has he been here?” you asked quietly, putting an ice pack on Jimin’s forehead to quell any impending headache.

“Almost an hour.” they both answered in unison as they served the ice cream.

“Did he tell you why he cried?”

“Nope. Not one word.” Namjoon reported, scooping ice cream and sitting beside Jimin.

“He just slammed the door open and dived into the couch. Then he curled up and suddenly broke down.” Yoongi continued, spoon feeding you.

“We figured he’d tell when we’re complete.” Namjoon stated and forced fed Jimin, wiping away his tears.

You nodded, looking at Jimin’s broken state. “Let him cry. Crying is how the body speaks when your mouth can’t explain the pain you feel.”

When the ice cream was all finished and Yoongi’s calming music ran out, Namjoon was about to play his when Jimin finally spoke up.

“Why do I fall in love and say good bye alone?” Jimin asked, voice cracking as tears welled up in his eyes again. You cooed and pulled him in a hug, patting his head.

“Anyone can give up; it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.”

“Some of the worst battles between yourself, is between what you know and what you feel.”

Jimin let out a pained sob hearing the words of comfort and curled into a ball. He looked like he’s battling himself and trying to find the right words.

“I can’t explain how painful it is to wait for something that never comes. Never” he sniffed and put his hands over his face. “I love someone who isn’t my soulmate. I’m so unfaithful. I’m the worst… but I want to meet my soulmate too. I’m so conflicted!”

“Be patient. The best things come unexpectedly.”

“Fight the soulmate system, Chimchim. Fight for what you want and for what you believe in. Most importantly, fight for the one you love!! You love Taehyung, right?!” You all ignored Jimin’s shocked stare and you started his hair.

“Let go of your fears, we’re here for you. Confess, Jimin. Wipe off your tears, confess and if he rejects you… chin up, smile and walk away. Then, when you’re not in his sight anymore, run towards which home is nearest and bawl your eyes out then move on and I’ll take Taehyung for myself! Perf.”

Namjoon and Yoongi looked disapprovingly at you. “That’s not really a good idea…” You just sent them an innocent smile when Jimin let out a watery smile.

“I’m okay…it’s just…” Jimin almost looked ready to cry again as he whispered, “…what about my soulmate?”

 

 

As it turns out, Taehyung isn’t faring any better. He trespassed in Jungkook’s apartment and wordlessly set up a fort in Jungkook’s living room before drowning himself in pillows, ignoring the apartment owner. After a few minutes, Taehyung’s pillow barrier got attacked when Jungkook dived and landed directly under his sulking and obviously distraught hyung.

 

“Hyung, what’s up?? You only made forts when you’re upset about something. Is it Jimin hyung?”

“It’s not him…” Taehyung hiccuped, voice muffled by the pillows he’s hugging.

“Then what?” Jungkook tilted his head to the side, confused.

“It’s me…I-I’m not good enough for him. I don’t deserve him.” Jungkook looked at him for a second before shoving him.

“Hyung, don’t say that!” he hit Taehyung with a pillow for good measure and the latter hit him back.

“No! Don’t you see how perfect he is? His soft hair, his precious cheeks, his lovely eyes, his luscious lips! His--”

“Okay. If you appreciate him that much then that’s enough.” Jungkook scrunched up his nose. “Trust me, Jimin hyung needs to hear what you said to him. It’s proof enough that you care for him.”

“CARE FOR HIM? I do not just CARE for him okay? I love him to the point that Park Jimin is the first thing I think of in the morning and the last thing that I think of at night! Don’t you see the problem? I think love him to the point that I can’t even think of my soulmate because they’re replaced by Jimin!”

“Hyung, then you’re good enough for him. Fight the soulmate system. Your heart and mind clearly tells you that you chose Jimin over your soulmate. If Jimin hyung can’t see how amazingly weird and amazing then he’s the one who’s not good enough for you.”

Taehyung looked almost convinced and Jungkook was close to singing towards the heaven but that was shot down when his hyung turned his sad, teary puppy eyes at him and looked like he’s about to cry a river.

“...What about my soulmate?…”

 

 

If you want to know where your hearts is, look where your mind goes when it wanders

A few days after the two idiots Taehyung and Jimin cried their heart out for each other and their soulmates, they met coincidentally under the bridge they both constantly went during free time to hangout.

Jimin was the first to come, only to reminisce. He made a decision to forget Taehyung because he came to a conclusion that he’s not his soulmate and he believes his soulmate is the person where his happiness lays the most. He went to that place to scream his heart out and walk away.

An hour passed and Taehyung was dazedly walking aimlessly and noticed he’s going down on a familiar path leading towards their hangout place, deciding to go there and let out his emotions, he was surprised to see Jimin looking at the river with a far away look on his face. His heart constricted at the sad look Jimin has.

It was quiet, Taehyung didn’t have the heart to call out to the person he unconsciously fell in love with. The cold air kissed their exposed skin as they stare at the Han River. Taehyung watched as Jimin closed his eyes and took a deep breath and when he opened his eyes once more, he smiled sadly and Taehyung’s felt his heart break a little.

“This is the last good bye.” he whispered. Taehyung didn’t hear it but since Jimin hasn’t felt his presence yet, he steeled his heart and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Jimin-ah.” Jimin froze. No, please. Not him…Not now..

Jimin calmed himself and turned to face Taehyung with a look of indifference. “Who are you? Let go!”

“Don’t act up.”

“How old are you? Do I know you?”

“Even if you act as if you don’t know me, I can’t push you away.”

“Real feelings just don’t ‘go away’”

 

They both froze at what Jimin said. Taking a step back, Jimin flinched when Taehyung took a step towards him. He looked at Taehyung and opened his mouth to speak.

 

“I know this might sound selfish… but hear me out. What is it with you that you always make me feel weak and feel weird things I shouldn’t feel, huh? You always do things that makes my heart beat fast. When I first met you I honestly didn’t know that you were gonna be this important to me. Why do I always think of you, your smile, your laugh..everything! I wish my brain had a map to tell me where my heart should go! Please don’t play with me like this…”

“...What are you saying, Jimin-ah?…” Taehyung asked, eyes wide in shock. A confession…?

I’m saying that I love you, pabo.

“Don’t come any closer!” Jimin yelled, stepping back and holding down a sob. Taking a deep breath, he stated “I have a question.” a ridiculous one because I already know the answer.

Taehyung looked at the man in his dreams and the one who kept his life worth living, his hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter