Stigma

I Need U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3

Title: Stigma

Alternative Title: Let Me Know

In which: Hair dye can cause commotions

 

You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.

 

When the first day for another term in university came, everyone who met Jimin was shocked, surprised and can’t take their eyes off him. He was still the ever bright student they see but something really is different in his appearance that made whispers go around and spread like wildfire. When you saw Jimin approaching the tree where you all hang out, You even spat out the coffee you were drinking in shock. Yoongi roused from his sleep and Namjoon to take his eyes off the papers he’s holding.

 

“PARK JIMIN!!!!” you exclaimed, mouth open in surprise “WHAT’S WITH YOUR HAIR?”

 

Jimin just slowly smiled which turned to a sheepish grin as he approached and sat Indian style in front of the three of you.

 

“Umm…Surprise?” He announced as he ruffled the dyed hair. His natural charcoal black hair replaced with lightest hue of orange.

You tackled him to the ground with Jimin falling to his back with a yelp as Namjoon and Yoongi can only sigh since they’re so used to your unlady-like ways.
 

“CHIMCHIM, HOW COULD YOU! YOU NEVER TOLD US YOU FOUND YOUR SOULMATE!!” you exclaimed as you straddled Jimin and ruffled his hair “I thought it was blond for a moment but it’s really light orange~ It suits you!!”

Yoongi frowned and scanned Jimin’s profile and his frown deepened even more when he saw no soulmate mark.

Namjoon got up and carried you away from Jimin while sighing. “Y/N, you can’t just tackle a guy like that while wearing a skirt.” He began and you crossed your arms for the scolding. Before he could do so, Yoongi held up a hand to stop him.

“Wait, before we get to that. Park Chimchim, show us your soulmate mark first.” At this, Jimin’s smile faltered and he fumbled with his fingers.

“I’m sorry…i-I know you guys will be against it that’s why I didn’t want to tell you at first…” Jimin mumbled. “I dyed my hair.”

“Huh?” you asked because you didn’t hear but Namjoon and Yoongi heard it clearly.

“Jimminie, why did you do it?” Jimin looked away.

“Tell us why you thought it’s a good idea.”

 

It was after a few minutes of silence that Jimin finally spoke up.

 

“...Because, you see…” After the words fell out of Jimin’s lips, he can’t stop it. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “I don’t want to sound conceited but you know our group. Even though we’re not the best good looking guys and girl out there, in some way people still like us in a romantic way and hopes that we’re their soulmates. I don’t want that. I don’t want anything something close to that happen again. I just want to finish college with you guys and find my soulmate and I don’t want others to fall for me only to end up hurt because I’m not their soulmate or anything. I just want my soulmate, okay?…And I don’t want to be anymore disloyal than I acted so far. One night I was thinking what my soulmate will feel if they knew that I liked someone else before him… I… I don’t know what I’ll do…” he whispered the end that you had to hug him.

“So it all comes down to your soulmate, huh?” Yoongi asked, smirking. “Such a loyal kid.”

 

When the warning bell rang signaling the students hanging around outside school that they have ten minutes to get to class, you all stretched and encouraged Jimin.

 

“We can’t help it if you dyed your hair just so others would stop chasing you. I thought of that idea, too.” Yoongi commented “It’s just too troublesome for me to do it. But the hair color suits you so you should be fine.”

Namjoon agreed and ruffled the light orange hair. “You have the courage to do what you want, kid. Don’t let the others get to you just because of that.”

You smiled brightly and patted Jimin’s cheek. “You look ier. Your soulmate will fall for you, for sure. Can’t say I’m going to miss your black hair, though.” then you shoved him “You should never think we’re against an idea as awesome as this. Maybe I should get mine dyed too!”

They were quick to tell you “No.”

 

The morning was hectic. It’s as if the whole student body wanted to know who got Park Jimin’s heart stolen away from them. You and the others were surrounded by people pestering, disturbing and getting in your personal space just to ask who Jimin’s soulmate is and if it is one of them. Apparently, Jimin meeting his soulmate was the most exciting thing happening at their university and everyone just had to know the details.

At first, the class you were all in were distracted because it seems that they won’t be able to go to sleep at night without knowing who Park Jimin’s soulmate is; even the professors can’t do anything about the class behavior. (Read: Because they’re curious, too.)

Your group sighed in relief because your seating arrangement prevents people from asking any question. With Yoongi’s glare on your left, Namjoon’s frown on your right and Jimin’s nervous smile behind you as you crossed your arms, the class finally settled down because even Jimin’s seatmates were afraid to ask him to escape Min Yoongi’s sharp tongue, Namjoon’s smart comment and your sarcastic comebacks. This also goes from other classes because the three guys just kept rotating their seats and never let you have a new seatmate. Now, you’re glad it’s like that so Jimin can have some peace of mind…

 

Not.

 

When the afternoon passed by and it was time for lunch, your group was bombarded with questions again that led you all being chased out of the cafeteria without having the chance to eat. You were all spitting out profanities because of the ridiculous situation and it’s not your style to run that much. When you all ran a lap, Yoongi figured enough was enough and stopped running because he was tired. His glare intensified further and the crowd dissipated when he growled out:

 

“I’ll freaking hit you all if you don’t stop this now.” (Read: Yoongi…you’re a disciplinary officer…)

 

Seeing Yoongi was in a bad mood, Jimin approached him and was about to apologize but Yoongi flipped him off.

“Buy me coffee if you want to apologize.” Yoongi placed an arm around Jimin’s shoulder and gave casual advice “Don’t listen or think about anything other people say about you. Just live your life and prove them wrong.”

You walked with them holding Jimin’s hand and smiled “Yoongi’s right, Chimchim. Always stay true to yourself no matter what and never let what anybody says distract you from your goals.”

“Goals?”

“Hmm, I don’t know…Finish uni, find work, dance away, find soulmate? Whichever comes first!”

“You’re right, Y/N.” Namjoon remarked, placing an arm around your shoulder too and continued walking towards a cafe. “You’ll never know, Jimin. Your soulmate is looking and waiting for you, too.”

 

Jimin’s mood brightened as he let all of your words soak in his entire existence and for the first time that day, he smiled while feeling the constricted feeling of his heart be free.

 

“I’m so glad I have you guys~~!”

 

 

The afternoon classes went by as quiet and organized as it could be until the rumors reached their ears. Jimin was going from one guy to another and accidentally found his soulmate, Jimin was seducing someone else and accidentally met his soulmate, Jimin was dancing in a club and his soulmate approached him suddenly and they had the best night of their lives, Jimin’s blind date was his soulmate, Jimin’s soulmate left him because he loves someone else that’s why Jimin can’t say anything about his soulmate to them and a lot of other things that could be hurtful.

 

Jimin has had enough.

 

He thought dyeing his hair would stop all of the unnecessary rumors about him, he thought people will already leave him alone.

When the last class you all have was dismissed, the corridor was filled with people still whispering about Jimin and his mystery soulmate. He pulled on his hair in frustration and groaned. You looked at him worriedly as you all walked to the gate. Before you can say anything to calm him down, he threw his bag so hard that it landed with a thud that caused everyone to be quiet and looked at him.

 

“IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW THEN HE EXISTS AND HIS LAST NAME IS KIM SO LEAVE ME ALONE!!” he yelled and shoved his way out and sprinted off away from school.

 

It was quiet for a moment before everyone started exclaiming and fangirling about the information Jimin revealed before he rushed off. Yoongi quietly picked up Jimin’s abandoned bag and kept walking silently but you can almost see a tick on his forehead because everyone keeps on nosing around Jimin’s soulmate. Namjoon placed a hand on your shoulder, silently telling you to also keep walking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter