You Never Walk Alone

I Need U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER: 2

Title: You Never Walk Alone

In which: Jimin’s lovelife takes another turn

 

There was also the time that Jimin got a suitor...

It’s not that Jimin is not loyal or anything, he just gets attracted to people who he thinks is his soulmate but it turns out that the person is not.

There is this one guy that works part time at a cafe you all frequented recently because Namjoon likes the ambiance and can charge up his inspiration as a producer. Yoongi thinks the place is so-so but can agree with Namjoon that the outside view can give you a lot of perception.

On the right of the cafe what you can see out of the ceiling to floor windows were rows of strong, gentle trees were planted and lush grass and pretty fragrant-looking flowers situated by their roots and gray stone walkways to be walked on and falling leaves surrounding you as you walked following the breeze that pass by; while on the front of the cafe is filled with highways, gravel, cars and smoke. Crowds of people filled the outside as they walk, run, jog, and dodge around the way to get to their destination and you can see vast differences of appearance, personality, style and the way the people walk tells a lot of what they feel either they are relaxed, tensed, rushing, procrastinating, stressed, etc.

To the four of you, it is very interesting to see and observe as you all talked quietly about your lives until a waiter placed a slice of cheesecake in front of Jimin. The four of you stared at the pastry for a moment before looking at the waiter who brought it.

You smirked as you saw the light shade of pink dusted on the waiter’s cheek as he struggled to find the words while Namjoon frowned and Yoongi narrowed his eyes. It seems the guys both know what the waiter was up to and it seems the waiter knew that they caught up quickly because he cast a wary eye to the both of them.

 

“Umm…” To their surprise, Jimin was the one who spoke first while looking up at the waiter. “I didn’t order this, though.”

 

There was another moment of silence before you face palmed at Jimin’s obliviousness.

 

“N-no, you didn’t.” the waiter stuttered, “I-it’s for you…”

 

Jimin looked up, pink lips forming a bright and hopeful smile.

 

“Really~?!” he asked, pointing to himself. “for me?” the waiter nodded. Jimin frowned again. “It’s not my birthday, though. Are you really sure it’s for me? For free?”

“U-umm…Yes, It’s for you. It’s because I saw you here a few times and I like the way you laugh and smile. I got attracted to you. Uhh what I mean to say is that…I like you! Please go out with me!” the waiter said, bowing.

 

Jimin looked at him, shocked. Namjoon and Yoongi rolled their eyes.

 

“Yeah, okay. I just have a question before you go on with this drama. Can I?” you cut in and the waiter looked up and nodded curiously.

“If you’ve seen us here a few times, has it ever crossed your mind that one of us…” you gestured to you, Namjoon and Yoongi “could be Jimin’s boyfriend/girlfriend?”

“Umm, yes. You all look as if you’re in a relationship but I was manning the counter the last time you were all here, ma’am. And you were complaining about your friends taking advantage of you because you were late so you had to pay.” the waiter said as he recalled the particular event. “Since you kept on repeating the word ‘friends’ that is how I built up the courage and approach him.” the waiter said, gesturing to the flustered Jimin.

“I stand corrected.” you mumbled and made a ‘go-on’ gesture. “You have fine eavesdropping skills and,” you looked at the cheesecake as you smirked “courting skills, it seems.”

 

The waiter flushed red, embarrassed. Namjoon and Yoongi who were both sitting there quietly looked at you, shocked you let the waiter court Jimin. You rolled your eyes at them and turned to Jimin who was still coming to terms with a person confessing to him.

 

“Chimchim, honey. I’ll eat this cheesecake if you don’t start eating.” that snapped Jimin back to reality as he pouted and looked at you. You chuckled and patted his hand. “He needs your answer. You don’t keep a person who confessed to you waiting.” Jimin blushed as he looked at the waiter.

“Umm…I think we should take this one step at a time…?” Jimin asked, nervously looking at the three of you before regarding the waiter who nodded in happiness.

“Yes, of course!”

 

Let’s just say Namjoon and Yoongi weren’t pleased.

 

 

We ignore truths for temporary happiness

 

A few days passed and Jimin hung out with the waiter for a few hours every other day to get to know each other more. They were becoming fast friends and found out that they both have a lot in common with each other. It was one of those days that Jimin went to the cafe alone again and left you, Namjoon and Yoongi in the Min residence.

That was the time that the mother hens guys  confronted you.

 

“What were you thinking, it has only been a few weeks since Jimin finally really moved on to that event organizer bastard and now you allow someone to break his heart again?!” Yoongi asked as he paced back and forth in the living room.

“Yes, help us understand. It’s going to be your fault if Jimin fell for that guy and gets his heart broken again.” Namjoon said, eyebrows furrowed “One look and I can’t tell that that guy is up to no good.”

“And not Jimin’s soulmate either.” Yoongi added.

“I know that guy. He may not look like it but he’s friends with one of the gangs here in our area. What if he decides to dump Jimin to those good for nothing people?”

“Yeah, I looked up that guy and he goes to that school where a lot of delinquents go. What if he influenced Jimin to do something bad, huh?”

You sat there as they scold you, arms crossed and frowns deep.

“I’m stuck with two mother hens worrying about their growing chick.” you stated, also crossing your arms and leaning back on the couch. “Look, I know you care for Chimchim, one would think both of you or one of you could be his boyfriend with the way you’re acting. My point here is that I want Jimin to widen his horizon and go have some more friends. I didn’t gave permission, I just want to see where his perseverance will take him… and what really is his original motive.”

“Friends? Y/N. Jimin has a lot of friends!!”

“How about outside of school and neighbors?” you challenged, and both boys grew quiet.

“Why would you even do such a thing?”

“I felt like it.”

“FELT LIKE IT? You witch. You put Jimin in possible danger just because you felt like it?” Yoongi asked, temper rising.

You held up a hand to stop a speech come out of their mouths. Seeing as they’re both composers, it’s not impossible. They really have a lot to say once they’re up to it.

“Don’t worry too much. Jimin knows what he’ll do if anything goes wrong or something doesn’t feel right.”

“What?”

You grew quiet for a moment. “I forgot.”

“YOU FORGOT? You witch. You put Jimin in possible danger and you forgot what Jimin will do?” Namjoon asked, high blood pressure rising.

“Okay, now you guys are overreacting.” you commented as you heard a beep.

You ignored the tensed guys still standing in front of you and pulled out your phone, dialing Jimin. After a few rings, Jimin’s cheerful voice can be heard which you also ignored. “Park Jimin, you have half an hour to get here or all your hoodies will be mine.” Namjoon and Yoongi heard Jimin’s panicked voice before you hang up.

“Satisfied?” you asked, pulling out a pager out of your (Read: Yoongi’s) hoodie pocket. “See? Just a beep and I’ll go dial.”

 

They both nodded, impressed with the plan. They didn’t know you and Jimin kept the pagers you all bought when you’re all kids.

“Don’t worry. I’ll snatch your phones if I have no load or service.” you continued, sipping some of your Mochalate.

 

They both groaned, they had an inkling feeling you’ll do that. Actually, it was a surprise to see you have load.

When Jimin arrived and hysterically hugging you to death begging you not to take all his hoodies and take Yoongi’s or Namjoon’s collection instead, Namjoon and Yoongi released the tension in their bodies at once and slumped on the sofa simultaneously.

 

“You know, Jimin. I never knew we both have such overprotective brothers.” you said as you wiped Jimin’s forehead because it was a little sweaty, smoothed his hair and was in the process fixing his collar.

“Really? You’re so slow, Y/N. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter