Chapter 2

The Visit

(Jihye's POV)

Walking up to the door as quietly as possible, I pushed the bell and pressed my back against the wall on the left side of the door and prayed he wouldn't notice my presence. The door opened, revealing long brown locks. I grinned then proceeded to scare the out of my brother.

"BOO!"

"AHHHHH! What the - Jihye!"

Jeonghan pretty much tackled me and I had to cling to the door frame so that I wouldn't fall.

"Oppa, I know you're excited to see me but would you mind getting off my back?"

"You're really mean to me Jihye! First, you almost give me a heart attack then you refuse my skinship? Just let me hug you!"

Dodging Jeonghan's arms I skilfully spun out of danger only to crash into someone else. 

"No way Oppa- OW!"

My hit the floor and I looked up- my heart stopped. Pink hair and porcelain white skin just inches from my face. I froze, my body paralyzed as I recognized the person leaing above me. Woozi came to his senses first and quickly scrambled off me. I blinked then pushed myself up, my heart still racing. He just looked down and scratched the back of his head.

"Sorry... I didn't see you there"

"It's ok, I should have looked before walking in"

We just stood awkwardly until I felt a weight land on my back.

"I finally caught you Jihye- oh, Jihoon? What are you doing?"

"Ah, n-nothing hyung. I just come to get some water"

"Oh, well... this is my sister Jihye" 

I turned and bowed to Woozi and he bowed back.

"Nice to meet you. You're Woozi right?"

"Yeah, but you can call me Jihoon. It's nice to meet you too"

"Jihoonie, can you call the rest of the kids? I want to introduce my sister."

"S-sure hyung"

Woozi- no Jihoon walked off and Jeonghan turned to me. 

"So how have you been, Ji?"

"Good"

"Just good? Come on, talk to me more. I haven't seen you in years"

"But we chat on kakao every day and you make me call you once a week. You know pretty much everything that is going on already, what else is there to talk about, Oppa?" 

He just pouts and hits my shoulder. I just laugh.

"I hate you, Ji"

"I'm glad to see you too, Han oppa"

The sound of footsteps makes me look up, only to see the other members coming out of their rooms. They all formed themselves in a line facing me. 

"2,3- Say the name, SEVENTEEN! Hello, we are Seventeen"

I just smiled knowingly.

"2,3- You're my destiny! Hello, I'm Mirror's leader, Jenny"

They all looked surprised at my greeting.

"Wow, you already have a greeting?"

"We're debuting in six months Oppa, what do you expect"

The other members burst out laughing while Jeonghan pouted. I just smirked, this was a usual thing for my brother and me after all.

"Oh stop laughing will you? Now you see what I mean. Anyways, I'm sure you know all of their faces already so you can guess who they are. I don't want to be the only one annoyed tonight"

"Fine, fine Han oppa. I'll stop teasing you. Now for the rest, who should I start with?"

I scanned the line and caught a familiar face.

"Oh, Soonyoung oppa! I haven't seen you in ages! How's life?"

I hugged my best guy friend. We met each other though Leehyun, one of my memebrs who is also his cousin.

"Hey, how come he gets a hug and I don't? I'm closer to you than him"

"He's my best friend, you're just my brother. There's a difference"

Moving down the line I listed their names: "You're Seungkwan, Chan, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Hansol, Jisoo, you're..."

"I'm Seungcheol"

"Ah right Seungcheol, wait as in 'that' Seungcheol? Well, this is interesting, right Han oppa?" 

I smirked and Jeonghan blushed, turning away from me.

"Like I thought. I'll continue, you're Seokmin, Junhwi, Minghao and Jihoon"

I blushed a little at the last name which thankfully went unnoticed. 

"I'm Jenny but you can call me Jihye, whichever you prefer. I can speak korean but I'm more fluent in english so you can use whatever is more comfortable. I have a habit of talking to myself so unless I call your name first, assume that I'm not talking to you. What else... Oh! I'm really honest and blunt so don't ask for my opinion if you're easily hurt. It's nice to meet you all"

"It's nice you meet you too"

I smiled and turned to Jeonghan who was leaning against the sofa.

"Oppa, where do I sleep?"

"We have a guest room. It's the last one down the hallway" 

I grabbed my suitcases and entered my room. It was pretty big for one person. There were two twin beds that were pushed together to make one big one. There was also a desk and a small lamp. Sitting one the floor I started to unpack my things. There was a chest of drawers for my clothes but no hangers so I just hung my jackets on the headboard of my bed. I locked the door and changed into my pajamas. Taking my pouch, I left to find the bathroom. After washing my face, I went back to my room, walking past the living room. Two people were watching tv while Soonyoung, Seungcheol and my brother were playing cards. I smiled at the sight, Jeonghan's eyes lit up whenever he talked to Seungcheol. Just like he told me, he really likes him. Entering my room, I took out my diary and marked off a page. On the top, I wrote 'Observations'. You see, I wasn't here just to see how the group worked together. Unknown to Jeonghan, I'm actually a really big fan of Seventeen. And already, I can see that maybe some things had more truth to them than I thought. I wanted to find out all the hidden and not so hidden secrets of this group, and maybe I could even help them along the way. Of course, I would never tell anyone about this but sometimes, it's nice to be cupid.


Well that was interesting. Um yeah... this story kind of , but I'll keep writing it because it's a plot that I really want to do. But seriously, I need some ideas so if you have any, please leave them in the comments.

- Authornim~