Chapter 3

The Visit

(Jihye's POV)

"BEEP-BEEP-BEEP"

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Turning over, I looked at the clock. 6:30. I just sighed and cursed myself for being a light sleeper. Grabbing my phone, I unlocked it and checked my kakao. 11 unread messages all from my group chat.

kwon_tom: Hi

lee_HUGE: Hi

kwon_tom: Ji r u up?

kwon_tom: U promised to be awake at 6 b/c practice starts at 7

kwon_tom: Ji answer me!!!

lee_HUGE: Don't bother she's probs not awake yet

lee_HUGE: We can just go to the svt dorm to pick her up

kwon_tom: tru

kwon_tom: Ji we r coming to pick you up at 7

kwon_tom: Thnx to you, practice is pushed back 30 mins

kwon_tom: Jung won't be happy but that's not our fault

I just chuckled knowing that usually, I'm the one waking them up. Stretching my arms I got out of bed. I pulled on a white t-shirt with a watercolor pineapple on the front and put on some running shorts. I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. After washing my face I brushed my hair and debated between a ponytail and a bun. I went with the ponytail but tied it low and left my side bangs free. Looking into the mirror I smiled knowing how similar I looked to Jeonghan with this hair. We could pass at twins if it wasn't for our different hair color and our height difference. I walked out when the doorbell rang. I was surprised that they were her already. Shuffling into the living room, I was surprised again to see Chan sitting on the couch.

"Hi, Chan"

"Hey. Who's at the door?"

"Just some of my group members. Mind if the come in?"

"No, not at all" 


I smiled in thanks and opened the door to two girls, one with long brown hair and another with glasses and a mask.

"Hi guys, come in. Just don't make too much noise as everyone's still sleeping"

They just nodded and followed me in.

"Chan, these are my members. Well two of them. Guys this is Chan or Dino as you might know him, the maknae of Seventeen"

"I'm Juye, the lead dancer of Mirror and Ji's best friend"

"And I'm Leehyun, the maknae of Mirror. It's nice to meet a fellow maknae"                                                                                                                                          

"It's nice to meet you too"

"Well now that you guys know each other, talk amongst yourselves while I go get my stuff"

Entering my room again I put my phone, wallet, earbuds, and keys for the dorm from my brother in my backpack then put on my socks and my favorite hoodie. Grabbing my backpack I walked back into the living room only to see a blushing Leehyun and a smirking Juye. What the hell happened while I was gone?

"Ok... well we will be going now. See you later Chan"

"S-see you later, Noona"

Well, that was awkward. Closing the door behind me I ushered the two front of me and we started walking to the studio.

"So what happened back there, you two?"

Juye smirked, tucking her brown hair behind her ears.

"Well, little Leehyun over here seemed to have fallen in love with Dino at first sight and I was just helping her"

"Unnie, I said it wasn't like that!" "Sure, keep telling yourself that"

"Ok, we can talk about this later. I don't want to make Chloe angrier at us than she already is"

And with that, we walked faster to the practice room.
Pushing open the door, I walked in with the other two trailing in behind me. Jungwoo was there already along with Jiaye and Seohyeon. I frowned taking notice of our two missing members.

"Chloe, where are Minseo and Jungyeon?" 

Jungwoo gave me a look that said "don't ask'. I just nodded in understanding.

"Ok guys, now that everyone's here let's start practice, shall we? Oh, and you three don't be late next time, k?"

We just nodded and she smiled in satisfaction. Turning on our song, she got us into position and practice started. The next five hours were a blur; repeating the dance god knows how many times, then switching over to Jiaye for singing practice. When lunchtime finally rolled around, we were all beat. Seohyeon and Jiaye were collapsed on the floor while Leehyun was nursing her third bottle of water today. Juye was sitting down staring at me and Jungwoo in the mirror. We were the only ones with energy to stand let alone dance. There was one part I kept getting wrong and Jungwoo was going over it with me. When I finally got it I jumped for joy, pumping my fists in the air. Jungwoo dragged herself next to Juye who passed her and me our water bottles. Nodding in thanks, I took a sip and closed it, going back to practicing. I lived for this feeling, just me and the music, each beat, each note moving my body in a different way. It was invigorating and filled me with joy the more I focused.

"How can you have so much energy?"

Leehyun's tired voice cut through my focus. I chuckled, walking up to the speakers and turning the music off. Picking up my water bottle along the way, I sat next to her. I took a few gulps and closed it.

"I just have better endurance than you guys"

"Still, how do you survive with such little water? You've only finished half of your first water bottle and I'm already on my third"

"Well you drink a lot more than the rest of us and I don't really drink water"

"But still-" "Can we talk about something else?" Seohyeon interrupted our conversation.

"I don't want to hear you guys argue over how much water you drink"

"Fair enough. So what do you guys want to talk about?"

We all just sat thinking. Suddenly, Juye's face lit up.

"Oh, I know! We can talk about what happen this morning. With Leehyun and everything"

Leehyun's eyes widened and a look of horror flashed across her face. The others just looked confused.

"Did something happen on the way to the studio?"

"Well, more like at the Seventeen dorm."

"Wait, you guys went to their dorm?"

"Yeah. I moved in yesterday"

"I don't mean you, I'm talking about Lee and Ju"

"We just went to pick her up but she had to get something and let us in. That's where Leehyun met the love of her life: Lee Chan or Dino, Seventeen's maknae"

"Unnie~~~!!!"

Leehyun's face was bright red and we were all snickering. I kind of felt sorry for her even though I still found it really funny.

"Alright, that's enough guys. Let her breath. We don't want her to die from embarrassment do we?"

"Yeeesss Leadernim~"

I chuckled as they all rolled their eyes at me while Leehyun looked relieved. 

"Well let's go back to our dorm and I'll make lunch ok?"

"Ok~"

We walked out of the building with Leehyun closing the door behind her. I put my arm around her shoulders and patted her head, telling her that it was ok. She sent me a smile of thanks. Jungwoo suddenly turned around and looked at me.

"Ji, do you have the key to the dorm?"

"No, I came from the seventeen dorm remember?"

"Then did anyone see it in the practice room?" 

Jiaye raised her hand. 

"Do you have it with you?"

"No, I don't. I thought one of you guys would take it with you" "That's not good. The key is probably still inside the practice room along with its key. We're locked out until Karen or Hyejune unnie gets here, and that will be in another two hours!"

I ran my hands through my bangs, frustrated. Now, what were we going to do? None of us had our wallets with us except for me because they all left it in the dorm, thinking they would come back. And I definitely didn't have enough money to pay for a meal for all eight of us. There was one more option that I didn't really want to use. But desperate times call for desperate measures. Taking out my phone, I speed dialed a number and pressed it to my ear.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" 

"Han oppa, it's me"

"Jihye!"

"Um, are you guys in your dorm right now?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nevermind then. We locked ourselves out of our practice studio with the dorm key still inside. Now we have nowhere to eat lunch. We don't have enough money for all of us to eat and I don't have Karen or Hyejune unnies' numbers because this is a new phone"

"Hmm, that's a pretty bad situation you're in. What about you come over anyways?"

"Uh, no. It's not a good idea to have that many people in one place, even without Minseo and Jungyeon. Plus I don't want to be a bother"

"You won't be. I'll tell them before you come anyways. I'm sure they won't mind"

"Ugh fine. I owe you one oppa"

"No problem. By the way, where are Minseo and Jungyeon?"

"Ask Chloe, I have no idea. Annyeong~"

"Annyeong~"

 

Hanging up on the call, I just sighed.

"Guys, I solved our problem"

"Really?"

"Yup. I never thought I would say this. We're going to the seventeen dorm for lunch!"
 


A/N: Hi guys. How do you like my story so far? Yes I know, there hasn't been much shipping or seventeen moments in general but I wanted to start with the storyline about the main character before doing anything. Please don't be too mad at me.

- Authornim