Chapter 7| Regretful Doing

The Devil's Labyrinth

Chapter 7| Regretful Doing

After that strange dream you’ve been trying to avoid L, although you had some kind ‘feeling’ towards him from the start, it felt strange as why he hasn’t mentioned it. It also stimulated the question of why L was now a demon, while in your dream he was a human.

Today you had a strange feeling of wanting to meet your father, but you wanted some time away from L, so instead you asked SungYeol to come along with you. “Are you sure you really want to meet him?” SungYeol asked, you confusingly looked up at him and raised an eyebrow, “Don’t give me that look, I was just asking.”

“I seriously don’t know why you’re asking these questions about my father. But he is my father and there’s nothing wrong with visiting him,”

“I know, I know. But…*sigh… don’t worry,”

“If you say so. I wanted to ask you, why are you a grim reaper? I’m guessing you’re human before, right?”

“I guess so,”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I don't remember anything from the past. I only know the future,”

“Oh… What if you remember the past?”

“Then I presume I’ll die the second time, but a more painful death,”

“Do you have to die in order to become a grim reaper?”

“Something like that,” SungYeol shrugged as you let out a soft chuckle. Continuing to make your way to the hospital, the both of you entered the through the doors. As you walked up to the desk to find out what room your father was staying in, you felt your forehead stinging, it was killing your mind, the aching pain overcame every inch of your body. Biting you lower lip in pain you held your head as you kneeled on the ground groaning in pain.

 SungYeol then bend down to you and gently placed his hands on your forehead. Within seconds it stopped hurting. Letting out a long sigh you stood up, it was strange, the first time that this had happened was the time when you found out about your father in the ahjumma’s body, unless you were with someone in the room that caused you to be in pain.

“What just happened?” you confusingly asked as you noticed SungYeol’s stiff expression.

“Let’s just get back, you can see your father next time,” that was his reply, but your curiosity wasn’t at rest as SungYeol escorted you to the hospital door, you pushed him away and stepped back.

“Why are you acting so strange? Did something happen to my father?”

“No, just leave, I’ll tell you next time,”

“When is next time? What are you hiding from me?”

“…*sigh… Let's go,”

“TELL ME!”

“I can’t, it’s my duty to not let you find out,”

“If you don't tell me then I’ll find out myself,” it was you reply before you turned around and ran into the elevator, you could see SungYeol following after you. But before he could enter the elevator you closed the doors. “What is happening?” you frustratingly thought as you tried calming down your anxiety. You felt the lifts slowly accelerating, but then a was felt as the elevator stopped.

In shock you immediately pressed the emergency button, but there was no response. “Help! Someone is stuck in the elevator!!!” you yelled as you banged on the elevator’s doors. After a few minutes there was no reply. Irritatingly sitting yourself down on the floor, you yelled in anger as you banged your head on the wall of the elevator. Running your fingers through your hair, you suddenly remembered something. Quickly standing up you loudly yelled, “LEE SUNGYEOL!!! I know it’s you, if you don’t get me out I’ll strangle you to death!”

SungYeol then appeared in front of your eyes, “I’m sorry, there was no other thing I could do. Just don’t visit your father, I’m only trying to help you,” he apologetically sighed. But you didn’t forgive him, you felt mad instead. “Let me out,” those words coldly escaped through your lips as your cold eyes stared at him. “You are going to regret it,” he bitterly stared back at you. SungYeol then turned away and faced the doors, it suddenly opened and he it magically opened, stepping out of the doors, you angrily stormed after him. Managing to escape the elevator, you realised that SungYeol was gone.

 ‘You are going to regret it’

His words were intact with your mind and that was the only thing that repeatedly echoed like a long painful scream being heard in the hallway, it seems haunting. “What was he on about?” you asked yourself as you took the stairs instead. Not so long, you reached the level. Trying to find the right room, you quickly glanced through each room, you couldn’t be bothered to ask one of the nurses. As you skimmed passed a room, you noticed your head aching again. Peering even closer to the room, you saw your father sitting on the bed eat his lunch. But taking that step closer, you saw your reflection from the glass window on the door. You stepped back in horror, your eyes were blood red and your forehead glowed a red mark of a spider web.