Chapter 10|The Spider Demon’s Past (1-2)

The Devil's Labyrinth

 

Chapter 10|The Spider Demon’s Past (1-2)

“I can’t control what I have become,” L softly sighed, you stood there silently watching the pain from his eyes, it made your heart beat slowly but painfully, as though your heart was going to stop beating. “Why did you become a demon?” you asked taking a step closer towards him, but L moved back and kept his head lowered. “Do you really want to know, the reason?” he asked, you nodded immediately. Letting out a sigh he elevated his head up and you noticed the crimson red colour of his eyes, staring into his eyes you felt your head spinning in circles, falling onto the ground with a thud, you watched as L moved closer and carried you up.

*Third Person (L’s POV)

That morning it was the beginning of winter and the first flakes of snow had fallen from heaven’s skies, L stood up from his bed and looked out of the window, a soft and joyful smile was seen on his lips. Quickly getting changed he ran out of his room in order to meet that one person. Running through the corridors he ran towards her room, but as he made his way he noticed a similar figure sitting by the well washing the clothes with icy cold waters. Walking up to her, L stood behind and watched the burning tears from her eyes turn into ice.

She then turned her head slightly and looked up at him. “L oppa,” she smiled at him quickly wiping her tears away, “Why are you out here? It’s cold, you’ll get sick.” L froze instantly, bending beside her he bit his lower lip and gently caressed her frozen cheek with his hand. “It’s snowing, why are you washing the clothes?” he asked her. But she forced a smile and replied, “It was master’s orders, I needed to do it in exchange for dinner.”

L annoyingly pulled her up and dragged her under the sheltered corridor. “I’ll cook for you, I’ll give you food. Don’t hurt yourself, what if you get sick?” he hugged her tightly in his arms trying to warm her up. “Oppa, I need to finish it,” she said. L then released her and took his coat, draping it over her shoulders, he ran into the snow and sat beside the well, washing the clothes for her. She ran after him and pulled him back, “Oppa, it’s fine, I can do it.” “Just stay under the shelter, I’ll finish it for you,” L said forcibly dragged her under the shelter, “It’ll be quick, just wait here.”

She sat under the shelter watching him washing the clothes, suddenly L sneezed and she stood up, running to her room down the hallway, she carried out her blanket and wrapped it around him. Taking a seat beside him she helped him with washing the clothes. “Oppa, if we both do it then it’ll be more faster,” she beamed a smile at him, L sighed and continued to wash the clothes, “Why did you suddenly came to visit me?” “I thought you were free so we can go watch the first snow of winter together, but I never knew you still had to wash the clothes,” L replied with a depressed expression on his face. “But we can watch it together now,” she said letting out a joyful smile, “Though it would’ve been better if we weren’t washing the clothes, but I’m happy as long as I’m with you.” L smiled with a nod, but he still felt uncomfortable, looking over her, he felt the agony in his heart, seeing her working so hard causes his tears to reveal. “Have you ever thought about running away?” he asked suddenly. She shockingly looked at him, “I would if I could, but I don’t know when I’ll ever be allowed to leave.” L remained quiet and concentrated on washing the clothes, but in his mind he was asking himself questions.

***

It was crowded and busy in the kitchen, L was cooking dinner for the entire household along with many other chefs. As he was cutting the vegetables, there lots of things rushing through his mind, suddenly he felt a sharp pain on his finger. Looking down he realised he has wounded his finger, blood was slowly dripping out, but he didn’t felt any pain. “L! Are you okay?” one of the other chefs asked handing him a handkerchief. “It’s just a small cut, I’m fine,” L said wiping his blood with the handkerchief.

“You should concentrate, it’s not good to be pouring blood in the food,” the head chef said as L nodded. “Hey, what’s wrong you look bothered,” another chef asked. “I have a lot on my mind,” L replied, “I just wonder why I can’t have all of my troubles resolved.”

“I heard that there’s a spider demon that lives in the forest, he can grant you anything if you give him your soul,”

“Really? Which forest?”

“The Devil’s Labyrinth,”

“Are you sure?”

“I don’t know, I heard it was a rumor,”

L thought to himself for a while and got back to cooking dinner. “What if the spider demon can grant my wish? Would it be better for her? If I give her freedom, would she be happy?” he thought to himself.

During that night, L quietly crept out from his room as he tried getting out from the back gate he heard someone call him. “L what are you doing out here this late?” the person asked moving closer to him. From the moonlight, L was able to recgonise the person, it was the master’s personal servant. “I need to go out,” L replied as the guy stared at him in suspicion, “I need to find something.” “What is it?” the servant asked, “I’ll help you.” “It’s fine, I’ll be back, have a goodnight,” L quickly said and ran out of the gate, leaving the servant to wonder what he was looking for.