Chapter 9| Puzzle Piece’s Owner

The Devil's Labyrinth

Chapter 9| Puzzle Piece’s Owner

“What?” you confusingly turned to face SungYeol. “Don’t you get it? Your soul was in contact with the person who killed you. If you stand in their presence, then your head would hurt, and if you were to touch them or have some kind of contact, then your soul would disperse and fade away,” he explained. You confusingly looked at your hands, and asked, “How come my soul is still here?”

SungYeol then smirked and pointed to the puzzle piece in your hand, “Take a closer look at it, who does it belong to?” he asked. You held up the puzzle piece and stared at it. “Doesn't it belong to umma?”

It was evening already and you had a strange feeling of something bad was going to happen, sitting by the well you reminisced your memories with L, a sweet smile appeared on your lips as you remembered his presence near you. Suddenly you heard quick footsteps running towards you, standing up you saw the master’s personal servant, “Oppa, did something happen?” you ask him.

“I have bad news,” he depressingly sighed.                                                                  

“What is it?” you curiously asked.

“Kim MyungSoo, was announced dead this morning,”

“W-what? How can it be?”

“It was said that he went to the wood, searching for something,”

“Do you know what he was looking for?”

“No, sorry,”

You let out a sigh as you miserably sat back down near the well, you could see your eyes being blurred with tears, covering your mouth in agony you let your tears just travel down your face. “Why did oppa have to leave? Why did he die?” you asked yourself.

“This belongs to L?” you asked SungYeol, but you realised that he wasn’t on his chair anymore, instead he was kneeling beside your dead body. “You should return to your body and then ask L yourself,” SungYeol smiled dragging you into the body.

***    

You quickly rushed back to L’s place, within your mind you didn't understand why, there was so much running through your mind that you felt lost in what was meant to be reality. Reaching the destination you paused for a moment, raising your hand up you slowly clench your fingers in your palm and knocked on the door. The door opened and you looked up, seeing L in front of you found yourself speechless. “Are you going to come in? I know you have something to ask me,” he said opening the door wider for you.

You hesitated for a moment, you found your body weak and lifeless, stepping into the house you sat yourself down on the sofa as L sat across you. “I wanted to-” you started but L interjected through your words. “I know what you want to ask me, but it’s better off if you don’t question my temper,” he coldly said.

“Even if you don’t like it I still want to know! Why are you in my past?! What are you to me?!” you frustratingly raised your voice.

“Didn’t you figure it out yet? Who I am to you?”

“I’m still confused,”

A smirk was seen on L’s lips as he slightly scoffed, you noticed the moist in his eyes as you confusingly stared at me, then you see his lips parting, the words that were softly spoken was ‘You meant everything to me’. A trail of tears travelled slowly down from your eyes, lowering your head you elevated your hands to your mouth, covering in you let out a long dreary sigh. “If I meant everything to you, why did you try to eat me?” you suddenly spoke looking up into his eyes, L was silent, but after a while his spoke words that caused your heart to ache.