Chapter 6

Holding On

Today was an extremely wet day. It was as if the world was crying harder and harder for whatever reason as the rain became heavier by each passing minute.

On the way to a festival all the girls fell asleep except for Sowon. She had her head leaning on her hand which was against the car window. She had a pulsating headache that didn't completely go away after taking all her medication. She thought she could hide it but clearly not.

Taking in her appearance ; eyes closed yet her eyebrows were scrunched together as if in pain and her heavy breathing ; Manager Kim immediately there was somethigng wrong.

"Sojung, are you okay?"

"Yeah oppa, just a headache"

"Y​ou better not be lying to me"

To this she had no response. She didn't lie. She just didn't tell him everything because she didn't want him to worry more than he already does. Sowon felt so weak and feverish that she couldn't even focus properly.

-----

The van came to a halt as Sowon woke up the members gently one by one. They slowly came about and went to their waiting room to get ready.

It was still raining but there were no signs of the event being cancelled. The girls were beyond worried, especially the leader who felt like the entire world were on her shoulders. Both physically and mentally. She felt so useless that she couldn't protect the girls from the dangers of performing with the rain pouring non-stop. The pills she took after lunch were losing its effect. Nothing today made anything better for her.

Despite knowing that performing in the rain could easily make her extremely sick, she still showed determination and covered how she felt. For the fans. For the members who relied on her and looked up to her especially at times like this.

Minutes before their turn, she gathered the members and told them to be careful but also to try enjoy performing even though they were anxious. That they've got each other's backs.

The managers said the same but Manager Kim specifically kept looking at the leader to make sure that she got the message.

-----

Only the sound of breathing could be heard from the waiting room of GFRIEND. No one would have even realised the chaos that went on after the performance ; the managers checking on the members and handing them dry clothes, screaming at others to get icepacks , blankets and cold medicine, the girls crying especially SinB and Yuju who had fallen multiple times.

​​​​Sowon had just taken a seat unlike SinB, Eunha, Yuju and Umji who had already fallen asleep. Yerin was across the seat from her, staring at the girls sadly. Right after the performance, ignoring the pulsating headache that worsened, she made the members change right away and calmed them down before she herself changed and sat down.

She was fuming with anger yet controlled it for the members. She was angry at the event manager for not cancelling the event, the members for not being more careful but most of all, at herself. For not being able to do anything.

Sowon closed her eyes only to open them again after realising that closing her eyes made her focus on the pain. They were blurry but slowly cleared. She took in her surroundings and was relieved that the girls were still asleep, failing to notice that Yerin only had her eyes closed but not asleep. She wanted to get medicine from her bag without the girls questioning her. She tried to stand up only to sit back down due to a sudden attack of dizziness. Hearing a heavy thump, Yerin opened her eyes to see Sowon holding her head.

"Unnie what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just a headache." Sojung weakly said as she looked up to see Yerin standing in front of her.

"Can you please get me my bag and water?"

Without a response,Yerin got the bag and water. Right away Sowon scurried her bag for one of her many medications and took it, not realising that Yerin was still standing beside her.

Worriedly, Yerin grabbed the medicine bottle from Sowon's hands and read the label.To say she was shocked would be an understatement.

"Sojung unnie...." she said in a defeated,quiet but slightly alarmed voice.

"Why do you have medicine like this?"

 

 

 

 

 

----- a/n

Hey guys sorry it took a long time to update. I had my first year college exam then shortly went to Philippines for two weeks. 

Long haul flights are painful haha

Thanks for reading, Have a good night/day :)