Chapter 2

Holding On

It was only a day before their debut stage. The girls were practicing profusely and were sweating so much. Everybody was excited, however Yerin and Yuju were extremely nervous. Sowon was feeling extremely tired and nauseous however, bearing the weight of leader and not wanting to worry the the kids, she tried to push the feeling aside. Instead, being the mother that she is, gave the girls a pep talk.

"Don't worry. Whatever happens, good or bad, we will have one another. None of us are alone." Sowon said.

"Unnie is right." Sinb and Umji joined in while Eunha nodded her head.

That night before the girls went to sleep they gathered together, holding each others' hands, and made promises. 

"We will never forget each other whether or not we become successful. Nothing can separate us nor break our bond. Saranghae." They silently thought in their minds.

------------------------

January 15 of 2015 finally came and the girls debuted with the song "Glass Bead". The entire nation loved them straight away and became well known despite coming from a small company. Of course they became busier with their schedules. Everybody felt exhausted but pushed through with the thoughts of satisfying their fans. However, no matter how hard Sowon tried to push away the exhaustion that seemed to worsen each passing day she couldn't. On top of that, there were times when she felt dizzy, weak and have very little to no appetite. She saw small bruises that surely didn't come from dance practice but thought nothing of it.

The members and managers noticed this too that Sowon was less energetic than before. Before guesting on a radio show they decided to ask her.

"Unnie, gwenchanna? You look pale and you seem way more tired than usual." Umji asked worriedly while the rest of the members also looked at her.

"I am ok. Just tired. It must be from all the schedules we have had. Don't worry."

"But Sowon unnie, we share the same schedule but you seem a lot worse than us. Are you sure you are feeling ok?" Yerin interjected as she did not believe the leader.

" I am sure. Please don't worry and just take care of yourselves ok?"

All the members couldn't help but agree with her even though they weren't convinced.

Sowon felt bad for lying about how she felt and not telling them about the mystery bruises she has. Once the radio show was over, she didn't feel any better and decided to tell her manager. Her manager was shocked to hear about the bruises and loss of appetite and wanted to bring her to the doctor but Sowon said no. Knowing better, he decided to drop the subject and instead keep an eye on her as Sowon was known to be stubborn.

That night when they got home, Sowon went to shower only to discover another batch of bruises on her back. She went to sleep hoping that everything was ok and as always, blamed it on the schedule.