Born Rivals

Hiding In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon’s POV

As I enter the classroom I notice three of the girls from earlier smiling at me. My eyes catch Nayeon’s and I smile gently, before walking over to the professor.

“Oh, you must be Jiwon, welcome to our class, I’ve heard great things about you from your previous professor.” She says smiling warmly. “Alright class most of us know each other from last year so I’d like you all to meet Son Jiwon, she has just transferred here from UCLA. Please make her feel welcome. Feel free to sit anywhere Jiwon.”

“Thanks Miss.” I reply with a small bow before moving to make my way to the back of the class. As I make my way past Nayeon and her friends I feel someone grab my arm. I turn to see Dahyun smiling brightly.

“Come on sit with us Jiwon.” She says and I nod gently.

“Sure thanks.” I reply with a smile before sitting down beside Nayeon. She looks up at me with an adorable grin.

“Hi there.”

“Hey, fancy bumping into you again so soon.” I answer grinning.

“Yeah I mean, I half expected you to be a sports major.” She adds with a teasing grin.

“Wow, classing me as a stereotypical jock already. I’m hurt.” I reply with a chuckle feigning hurt as I hold my hands over my heart. She rolls her eyes playfully.

“Do you actually play that guitar? Or do you just carry it around to get girls.”

“Oh, I actually play it.” I say looking at her seriously before I grin again. “The girls are just an added bonus.”

She shakes her head with a chuckle but before she can speak up Jihyo turns to us with a glare.

“Will you two stop with the shameless flirting, some of us actually want to be able to hear what the teacher is saying.” She remarks rolling her eyes while Dahyun tries her best not to laugh.

The lesson drags on slowly Nayeon and I chatting casually. Eventually I find myself focussed on the lesson, however it doesn’t last long as my train of thoughts is interrupted by Momo’s voice.

“Ji, Jungyeon’s in another fight, Tzuyu’s trying her best to hold her and Chaeng’s on her way but we need your help.”

“I’ll be right there meet me outside the classroom.”

“!” I say as I shake my head before standing up and running out of class, leaving the girls bewildered.

In the hallway, I am greeted by Momo who nods once and the two of us run towards the sound of yelling in the distance.

Outside I am met with a scene I had seen a few to many times; Jungyeon on the verge of turning, eyes fierce, fists clenched, as she growls, breathing ragged. I turn to face the two girls in front of her with a glare, before walking towards Jungyeon.

I look into her eyes as they show recognition. “Calm the hell down Jung.”

I watch as she fights for control, it’s then that Chaeyoung comes running over. She takes one look at Jungyeon shaking her head.

“Moguri, Chewy get Jungyeon out of here. Chaeng do what you do best and calm her the hell down. I’ll take care of these guys and then I’ll join you okay.” I say and they all nod once before Momo and Tzuyu begin dragging Jungyeon away, Chaeyoung following along behind them.

I turn back to the girls who are watching looking slightly scared.

“Alright idiots I don’t know what you did to piss her off, but my only recommendation is to stay the hell away from her from now on, understand?” I say with a growl and the girls nod before running off.

I head over to where Momo and the others are. Jungyeon sitting on the bleachers as she breathes deeply. I smile at them as I turn to Jungyeon.

“Feeling better?” I say as I kneel in front of her.

“Yeah, I’m sorry Ji.” She says as she looks down at the ground.

“It’s okay, it happens.” I turn around to face the other girls. “Good work guys, I’ll take it from here, I’ll see you all at lunch.” I add.

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung head back towards their respective classes and Momo turns to me.

“Before I go, there is something I wanted to talk to you about.” She says.

I turn back to Jungyeon momentarily. “Wait there Jung, I wanted to talk to you I’ll just be a sec.”

“What is it?” I ask.

“The bloodsucker’s in my classes with me.” She says and I sigh lightly scratching the back of my head.

“You know what, that’s good, keep an eye on her, let me know of anything suspicious.”

“Alright not a problem.” She answers before looking straight into my eyes. “And Ji?”

“Yeah?”

“Be careful around that human, you’re too comfortable around her, I can feel it.”

“I know Moguri I’ll be careful.”

“Good, I just don’t want a repeat of LA, I can’t stand you being in pain like that again.”

“Thanks.”

“I’ll see you at lunch.” She replies before running back to her class as I make my way back to Jungyeon sitting beside her.

“How you going?”

“Better now, I’m sorry Ji, I let those girls get to me, I’ve got to be more careful.”

“Yeah you do, but believe me I know how hard it can be at first. It’s only been a few months, you’ll gain control of it. Do you reme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter