Prologue

Hiding In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon’s POV

So here we were the five of us as usual preparing for yet another year of cheering for hands down the most pathetic football team on the planet. It was literally the first day back for the year and I was already dreading what was to come.

I was walking along with the usual group; Jihyo on one side of me and Mina on the other, as Sana and Dahyun followed along behind in their own little world.

“Seriously though I hope tryouts brings some better prospects for the team. If I have to spend another year cheering on that pathetic excuse of a football team I’m gonna have a mental breakdown, seriously those idiots can’t even catch a freaking ball let alone win a game.” Mina says with a groan and Jihyo chuckles.

“I know right, bunch of meatheads.” I reply with a sigh.

“Well at least there is a team to cheer for, well if you can call them that.” Jihyo adds as we continue to make our way to our usual spot.

“Oi lovebirds are you two coming?” Mina yells out behind us and Sana and Dahyun grin sheepishly before running to catch up.

“Hey have you girls heard about the new bar and steakhouse opened up down the road?” Sana says as they catch up.

“No.” The three of us answer simultaneously.

“Oh well, apparently, all of the workers there are hot as hell.” Sana replies with an appreciative nod as Dahyun smacks her shoulder.

“What Sana meant to say is the food is supposedly amazing, and they have an open mic night on Friday nights.” Dahyun corrects sending a glare at her girlfriend, who just smiles sheepishly. “We should all check it out on Friday night.”

“Sounds good to me, I’m in.” I reply and Jihyo and Mina both agree easily as well.

We continue to make our way to our table when the sounds of laughter echoes throughout the yard.

I look up to see a group of girls getting out of a black jeep wrangler.

“Who are they?” Jihyo asks as we all turn to face the girls curiously.

“I dunno but they are hot.” Sana says with a grin and Dahyun starts whining childishly.

“Baby..” She whines pouting.

“Omg will you two stop, it’s sickening.” Mina adds rolling her eyes as I just watch the girls walking towards us.

Two of them are throwing a football around between them laughing like maniacs, while the other three are just following on behind. My eyes are drawn to the one in the middle with a guitar slung over her shoulder. She’s tall, carries herself with confidence, a snapback resting on her head, sunglasses sitting on the brim of her hat and a flannel shirt tied carelessly around her waist.

“Do you think they’ll try out for the team?” Jihyo says beside me snapping me out of my trance. As I notice the other girls have already made their way to our table

“I dunno, just because they can throw a football doesn’t mean they can play you know.” I answer with a scoff as I watch a small smirk appear on the face of the girl in the middle her gaze directed to me as if she’d heard me. I am once again snapped out of my trance when I see a football flying directly towards me a loud ‘Watch out’ being yelled out as I brace myself for an impact that never comes.

When I open my eyes, I am greeted by the same girl I was staring at moments ago, standing right in front of me, a toothy grin present on her face as she holds the football in one hand, the other hand held out for me. Her eyes are an electric blue and I find it hard to look away from them so I just stare for what feels like forever until she clears with smirk. I take her hand, which is unnaturally warm, and she pulls me up with a grin.

“Sorry about that, my idiot friend there still hasn’t learned not to throw balls at pretty girls.” She says sending a death glare in the way of her short haired friend who just scratches her head nervously.

“Don’t worry about it.” I reply stuttering nervously. “Thank you…” I add pausing in hopes of getting her name.

“Jiwon.” She says with a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter