In The Night

Hiding In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon’s POV

As I am walking home I pass by the bar that Sana was talking about earlier in the day. It’s closed now but I can hear the sound of an acoustic guitar playing a gentle tune. It sounds sad and I decide walk closer. As I peek over the fence I am surprised to see Jiwon sitting under a tree looking rather down in the dumps. I am about to call out to her when I hear someone walking over to her. As I look again I see Momo standing in front of her.

“Come on Ji, I know it hurts and you miss her, but you need to stop blaming yourself. There was nothing we could have done under the circumstances.” She says with a sigh before sitting down beside her.

“I’m sorry I know I’m making it hard for you.” Jiwon replies with a sad expression.

“You are only making it hard for me, because you are making it hard on yourself. You know our bond is different to the others, when you are suffering I feel it the same as you. I’m not here to tell you to get over it, but I think it’s time we moved forwards with our life, you especially. Because we can’t change what happened, no matter how badly we want to. We have a chance at a fresh start here, plus we came here to do something remember?”

“I know, I’m trying.” Jiwon replies and I find myself curious as to what exactly they are talking about. The Jiwon in front of me now a completely different person from the cocky, flirty girl I saw this morning.

“I know you are.” Momo says smiling as she stands up offering her hand to Jiwon. “Now how about we go for a run and check out the area like you said we would.”

“Okay sounds good.” Jiwon replies as she stands up.

As they walk inside Jiwon turns my way with a look that almost makes me think she knew I was there. I shake my head lightly before leaving to continue my walk home.

On the way home, many unanswered questions float through my mind. ‘Who is the girl Jiwon is talking about and what happened to her? Just how close are Momo and Jiwon? What did they come here to do? And most importantly why the hell were they going for a run in the middle of the night?’

As I reach the dorm I shiver slightly at the cold wind that’s blowing, and quickly open the door to head inside. I pause for a second as I hear what sounds like howling being carried on the wind. I shake my head slightly, before heading inside, choosing to ignore it. It’s not like there are wolves in the middle of town, it was probably just a stray dog, I think as I head upstairs to my dorm room that I share with Mina. As usual she is yet to arrive home, she always stays out late. I slip into bed and as I fall asleep a pair of bright blue eyes flash through my mind.

Jiwon’s POV

I look over my shoulder at the white wolf beside me, as the two of us race through the forests on the outskirts of town towards the clearing where Taeyeon and her pack were last seen. Upon arriving at the clearing the two of us drop our noses to the ground in an attempt to catch their scent. Momo and I split up exploring the different areas, but as the time passes so to does our last glimmer of hope. Knowing yet another lead has turned up cold I howl loudly at the moon, sending a signal to any nearby purebloods, in the hopes that Taeyeon hears my call.

The two of us meet back in the middle of the clearing. 

‘Damn it where the hell are they?! They’ve been missing since the rebellion, they can’t be dead, they can’t.’ I think as I growl lightly.

‘We’ll find them Ji they are the strongest of our kind, do you really think that a bunch of rogues could hunt the nine of them down?’ Momo replies as the two of us move

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter