Anger

Hiding In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon’s POV

I wake up in the afternoon feeling much better than earlier. The room no longer spinning as I stand up and walk over to the mirror and lift my shirt to look at the slowly healing claw marks on my side. I stretch out a bit, trying to test how far I can push before the pain kicks in. Fortunately, the pain has dulled to a light throb, which means most of the wolfsbane must be finally out of my system, meaning my wound should start healing a lot smoother.

Joohyun walks in without knocking as usual seating herself on my bed as I start getting changed for the game, throwing on my clothes before pulling my varsity jacket over my shoulders.

“Enjoying the view there Hyunnie?” I say turning around with a smirk.

“The wound seems to be healing better.” She says completely ignoring the comment.

“Yeah I think it should be completely healed within the next day or so. I don’t even think it will scar.” I reply stretching it out once more.

“That’s good then.” She replies with a smile. “I suppose there is no way I can convince you not to play at the game?” She asks and I chuckle.

“Not a chance Hyunnie.” I reply grinning happily. “Come on let’s go get the others.”

…………………………………………………….

After fetching the rest of the pack, we all make our way to the school. I am talking to the coach alongside Momo and Hyejeong discussing the game plan for the day, when Nayeon comes over to me with a determined look.

“Can we talk for a minute?” She says, and I nod before following her, sending a worried glance over my shoulder at Momo who is mirroring my expression while Hyejeong just looks extremely confused.

Nayeon drags me around behind the change rooms where she looks me directly in the eyes. I return her gaze waiting for her to speak first. But what she does is something I wasn’t expecting as she reaches forward and tugs the side of my shirt upwards.

I don’t resist, instead I just observe her reaction as she takes in the healing wound, her eyes going wide as she slowly reaches forward and gently runs her fingers over the healing flesh. She pulls back with a start when she notices I’m just watching her. Then looks up at me, confusion clear in her eyes, a trace of fear presents as well.

“You saved me.” She says under her breath, so quietly a normal human probably wouldn’t have heard it.

“Yes.” I reply, watching her reaction.

“You’re...” She says pausing for a second as she tries to find the right words. She shakes her head lightly before continuing. “What are you exactly?”

“Well I’m not human.” I reply with a chuckle trying to lighten the mood, but it’s clear she isn’t amused as she raises her eyebrow at me.

I go to continue, but I’m interrupted by the sound of my team calling out for me for the huddle.

I sigh, “Look I’ll explain everything after the game, but for now I have to go.”

She nods lightly. “Are you gonna be alright to play?” She asks, gesturing towards my side.

“It’s just a little scratch, I’ll be fine.” I finish, grinning before running over to where Momo is waiting for me. As I reach her I look at her with a small nod.

“She knows.” I say and Momo sighs.

“Well we will deal with that later. Come on Ji we have a game to win.” She adds before we jog over to join the huddle.

………………………………………………………………….

Nothing seems out of place for the game, everyone is confident and ready to face the opposition team, who look scared out of their minds after looking at our team. However, it is when the opposition cheerleading team make their appearance that I start to worry. I look at Momo and the others who share my expression, before turning my head to lock eyes with the smirking bloodsucker wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter