How We Became Family

Hiding In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon’s POV

‘I vividly remember the night. It was freezing out, my breaths visible against the dark sky as I panted heavily. A sense of foreboding had washed over me the moment I had left the late night training coach had us running and hadn’t seen you waiting for me in the usual spot. It had taken only moments for me to sprint out of sight before shifting and sprinting towards your dorm room. Upon arrival I had hoped to find you slouched over your desk asleep as I had so many times before. But even before I had opened the door I knew I wouldn’t, I knew it was wishful thinking as soon as I had smelt their scent coming up to the front of the dorms. Using my keen sense of smell I followed their scent to the very clearing in the park the two of us had met. The scent of blood getting stronger with every step I take and as I enter the clearing the only thing I see is you in the arms of that filthy bloodsucker, she smirks laughing, blood dripping down her neck, before dropping you and vanishing. It all happens so fast, you drop to the ground like a deadweight and I sprint to you shifting back as I do. I remember dropping to my knees as I wrap your lifeless body in my arms, your skin still slightly warm under my fingers. Upon entering the clearing I had known you were beyond saving, I could not hear the steady beat of your heart. The same sound that lulled me to sleep when we held each other at night was no longer there and there was nothing I could do about it. I remember holding you in my arms as I sobbed for hours on end. It was in that same position that Momo and the others had found me. I remember her trying to pull me away to wrap me in her arms but I fought it, I couldn’t let you go.. Not when I was too late to save you, not when I should’ve been there to protect you…’

I wake with a start the familiar sound of laughter ringing in my ears, and the familiar burn in my eyes from crying in my sleep once more.

“I’m sorry baby.. I’m so sorry, it’s all my fault.” I sob on my bed quietly, not wanting to wake the others.

Of course it’s only moments before Momo is in my room sporting a look that I have become very familiar with over the last year. She sits beside me wrapping her arms around me as I lean into her embrace.

“Same dream?” She asks, voice quiet.

“I wish it was only a dream Moguri.”

“I know Ji, we all do.”

“Once we make sure Taeyeon and the others are safe, I’m going after that filthy bloodsucker. I’m gonna make sure she is never able to hurt another person again. And once she’s dead I’m going after my brother and I’m gonna kill him too.” I reply determined. “They deserve to die for what they’ve done to innocent people.”

“And you know I’ll be right by your side through it all Ji, just don’t let it consume you. Promise me.”

“I won’t Moguri. I just.. It’s easier to focus on the anger then lose myself in the emptiness.”

“I know it’s not easy, but you deserve to be able to have happiness, and I want my partner in crime back, this whole vengeance thing isn’t you. I don’t want you to achieve everything we’ve set out to do only to lose you in the process. I want to see the leader that is constantly putting smiles on everyone’s face, the leader who goes out of their way to help those in need. The same leader who saved me, and Tzuyu and Jungyeon and gave three people who had nothing left a family and a home. I want that girl to be the person I have standing by my side once all this is over.”

“I’ll do my best Moguri.”

“I know you will, you always do.” She says squeezing my shoulders reassuringly before pulling back and gently wiping the leftover tears from my eyes. “Now let’s go wake the lazy asses up and then you and I are skipping the first half of classes and are going to get some comfort food. We can go to the lake with Irene and Seulgi tomorrow.” She adds grinning.

I roll my eyes, “All food is comfort food for you, you pig.” I reply teasingly.

“To be fair you are no better.”

“You make a fair point.” I reply and the two of us get ready for another day.

 

Nayeon’s POV

I sit through the morning classes waiting for Jiwon to make an appearance. I didn’t see her and Momo coming in with the others this morning, and she has yet to show up to class. I can’t help but wonder where she is, and apparently it’s pretty obvious as I hear Jihyo speak up from beside me.

“Will you stop staring at the door Nayeon, I think it’s pretty obvious by this point that Jiwon isn’t coming in this morning.” She says smirking.

“I wasn’t.”

“Don’t try to bull me Im Nayeon, you are so obvious it is ridiculous.”

“You are.” Dahyun chimes in from the other side of Jihyo.

“Do you think she is okay?” I reply giving in.

“You know it’s highly likely she is just skipping right?”

“I don’t think she is.”

“What makes you think that?”

“She just doesn’t seem the type.”

“Well if you are so worried about it why not just ask Chaeyoung and the others once class is over?” Dahyun says rolling her eyes.

“Maybe I should.” I reply before taking once last glance at the door and turning to pay attention to the professor.

…………………………………………………

After classes I spot Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Jungyeon lounging around under a tree, I quickly make my way over there with Jihyo and Dahyun following close behind. We sit down beside them as they all look up and smile slightly. We greet them quickly before I look over at Chaeyoung.

“No Jiwon today?” I ask trying to be as nonchalant as possible. I hear Jihyo and Dahyun snort beside me but I pay no attention, to busy observing the way Chaeyoung’s face clouds over for a second before she answers.

“Ji unnie had a rough night last, so Moguri took her to get some food to take her mind off of things.” She answers as the others nod in reply.

“Her and Momo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter