Bands, Bars and Blue Eyes.

Hiding In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon’s POV

After returning to school the rest of the day goes pretty quickly. A few questions regarding our whereabouts for the morning are asked but Momo and I just brush them off hoping to change the topic. We sit with Nayeon and her friends during lunch and we all chat happily amongst ourselves. Practice goes smoothly as we all prepare for the first game we are set to play the next night. The team we are set to face is far from the best team and I am highly confident we can win. After practice finishes Nayeon and the others all follow us back to the bar.

Once inside I am wrapped up into a crushing hug by Joy and Yeri.

“Hey unnie, it’s good to see you. Irene and Seulgi told us what happened.” Joy says as she pulls away.

“Yeah we are glad you are okay.” Yeri adds in and I chuckle ruffling her hair.

“I’m all good, it was nothing I couldn’t handle anyway.” I reply with an easy smile, reassuring them. I look over my shoulder where Nayeon is regarding our interaction with a confused glint in her eyes.

I watch as Joy and Mina’s eyes meet momentarily, Joy just lowers her head in a nod acknowledging her as a silent thank you is spoken. Irene is next to join us and she grins happily before leading the guests to a table at the front of the stage. I go to sit next to them as my pack disappears out the back to start organising everything for the performance later. I watch as a piano is pulled onto the stage and I stare at it slightly confused before Irene walks up onto the stage and smirks at me, I roll my eyes at her as she takes the microphone in her hands as the audience that has already gathered in the bar cheers.

“Hello everyone! So tonight, we have an amazing band performing for us, but before they get started officially I’d like to invite their lead singer up to the stage with me to perform something nice and slow to start things off. She is a really close friend of mine, and also happens to be the owner of this bar so put your hands together for Son Jiwon!!” She finishes gesturing for me to join her on stage.

I am quick to make my way up to stage to stand next to her as she hands me the mic. I meet Nayeon’s surprised gaze in the crowd and grin at her before taking a seat behind the piano.

Nayeon’s POV

I watch slightly surprised as Jiwon makes her way up onto stage to take the mic from a grinning Irene. She sits behind the piano, placing the microphone in the stand before looking up at the audience with a small smile.

“Hi.” She says pausing a second, “So I’m gonna start things off pretty slow with a song I have been working on for a while now. I haven’t shown this to anyone yet so forgive me if it is still a bit raw. Anyway, this is These Four Walls.”

As she sings, my heart breaks for her, the raw emotion and pain present in the lyrics and the way her voice cracks a little occasionally. I look over at the girls and find similar expression on their faces, completely awestruck.

“Woah, I never thought she’d be able to sing like this.” Sana says the admiration clear in her voice.

“It really makes you wonder what she has gone through to be able to write something like this.” Jihyo adds a sad expression on her face.

She sings the lyrics ‘I’ve called a thousand times.’ And I can’t help but remember finding her the other day, phone in hand, ringing someone she knew couldn’t answer just to hear their voice.

When she finishes she stands up and bows to the audience quick to wipe the traces of tears from her eyes. She doesn’t say anything else but her mood quickly changes as the rest of her gang runs up onto the stage.

“Amazing as usual boss.” Jungyeon says into the microphone before handing Jiwon her guitar, as Chaeyoung and Tzuyu move the keyboard to the side of the stage. “Now how about we kick things here up a notch!” She yells into the microphone as Jiwon laughs at her snatching the microphone.

Momo sits behind the drums and sends a grin at Jiwon who then nods at Chaeyoung who is standing behind the keyboard, Tzuyu now has a guitar in her hand and Jungyeon is lifting the strap of her bass guitar over her shoulder with a toothy grin. After they finish exchanging glances, the confident Jiwon I have grown to know makes her reappearance as she stares down the audience.

“Well now that everyone is ready, how about we get this show started.” She says into the microphone grinning widely, a complete 180 change from earlier.

Momo starts counts them in with her drum sticks as they start to perform.

Jiwon leads the band leaving her guitar slung over her shoulder as she sings passionately, Momo is going crazy on the drums, with Tzuyu and Jungyeon being perfectly synchronised on guitar and bass. What really surprises me is Chaeyoung rapping perfectly while playing the keyboard. When the first song finishes the audience screams and me and the others are quick to join in.

(In this everyone’s parts correspond with the instrument they are playing.)

The next song they perform Tzuyu and Jungyeon join in the singing as well and I am once again pleasantly surprised at how talented they are. After that song they perform a few more songs before finishing up on one of my favourite songs from Day6, Dance Dance. Which ultimately gets the crowd completely pumped.

(Same as before except Jiwon does Young K’s rap part as well)

After they finish up performing they all bow to the audience before leaving the stage to head out the back. After they leave, Irene is quick to come over to our group of friends and invite us out the back.

“Come on, you guys can come check out the house if you’d like.” She says as she opens the door for us and leads us inside. In the large living area, I find the Tzuyu and Jungyeon packing up their guitars while Momo twirls her drumsticks between her fingers and Chaeyoung lounges around on the couch. Jiwon is sitting on the floor, with her acoustic guitar in her lap strumming a random tune, she looks up as she sees us come in and flashes a smile our way.

“So, what did you guys think?” She asks with a grin.

“To be honest I was surprised, I mean I’d seen you carry that guitar but never actually play it. I was starting to think you really did only carry it for the girls.” I say teasingly and she laughs wholeheartedly.

“Well you’ve seen me play now.” She says smirking, “Like I said before, the girls are just a bonus.” She adds with a wink and I shake my head at her.

“Your vocals are insane Jiwon, I was really impressed.” Jihyo pipes up with a grin.

“Thanks.” She says sincerely, before leaning over to put her guitar back in its case.

“Hey princess, you should show the girls through the house, I have to get back to work.” Irene says and I watch the playful glare Jiwon sends her way as she stands up.

“Fine.” She replies with a groan.

“You never cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter