Chapter 2

Love After
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eric's POV:

 

I look in the mirror once again, and can't help but feel pleased. I look good. I walk through my apartment and head to my living room to look for my car keys. As I was looking for them, I came across the white box tucked away in one of my bookcases. I let out the breathe I've been holding. It's fine, I tell myself. I grab my car keys off the table and head down to the parking lot. I pick one of my cars and drive to the address Hyesung texted me last night Once I made it to his apartment, I call his cell phone to let him that I was downstairs. I didn't have to wait long as only a few minutes later he was right in front of me with the biggest smile in the world. "Hey there. Ready to go" I say. "Of course, I'm starving." He responds cutely. We get in my car and make small talk along the way.

I take him to a diner that I frequently visit. "The food here is the best." I tell him. "Oh, really?" He questions. "Why you don't believe me?" I ask with a pout. He shakes his head. "Sorry I didn't mean it." He apologetically says with his head bent. "I'm just playing with you Hyesungiee." I say in the cutest voice I can muster. "YA, never talk like that again." He says while laughing. "Why, you don't think I'm cute?" I ask with that ugly cute voice again so that I can try to get him to laugh, and it works. Hyesung laughs even harder. I can't help but notice that he looks really adorable when he laughs. We order our food and continue to talk about each other.

Hyesung is able to tell me that he lives alone, and has been able to go to university on a scholarship. He tells me that he's been playing the violin since he was five and has won many competitions through out the years. Apparently, he also has won plenty of singing completions as well. I can't help but feel impressed. "Daebak, your parents must be so proud of you." I say with a smile; however, his smile disappears and he closes his eyes. "Actually, my parents passed away when I was five. The only way I was able to cope with their loss was through music. That's why I picked up the violin at that age. It was the only way I could express myself. " he said in a quiet. I felt like a huge idiot. "I'm so sorry." I quickly say. "It's ok. How could you know?" He states. The atmosphere becomes awkward. "Hey, do you want to come with me somewhere?" I ask him. "Where?" "It's a surprise. Come on let's go." I quickly pay for our meal and drag him to the car.

"Where are we going?" He continuously asks while we are in the car. "It's a surprise." I keep replying with a chuckle. I'm so glad that the awkwardness has gone away. We finally arrive at the loc

Please log in to read the full chapter