Chapter 7

Love After
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hyesung's POV:

As we made our way towards Eric's office, he held my hand in his making sure I wouldn't run away from him. "Eric, can you please let go? I promise I won't run." He looks at me with a blank expression and then at are interlocked hands.

"Sorry", he says and lets go of my hand. I wipe off the sweat on my pants, and continue to follow him feeling slightly disappointed. I miss his touch already.  After our reunion in the infirmary, he just held me for a long time until the nurse came back in the office reminding us that we had children waiting for us. Eric continued to walk in silence until we had reached his office door. Sometimes I forget that he comes from a very important family, and will soon have to take over his family comapny. He looks like he's lost some weight and the bags under his eyes tell me that he hasn't slept well for a while. Did I do this to him? I think to myself. 

"Can we tell them?" I heard Eric whisper, and that causes me to break out of my thoughts.

"I don't know if right now is a good time." I respond to him. He bites his lip and places a hand on the door. I then lean my head on his broad shoulder familiarizing myself with him again. "We will tell them, I promise. Just not right now." I try to comfort him. He sighs.

"Okay." He then places a hand on the door knob, and is about to open the door when someone else opens the door from the other side.

"Ah, hello again prince", Sunkyu says with a pretty smile on her face as she looks up at Eric. A smile breaks out on his face and I can see the stress leave him if only for a few moments.

"Hello princess", he bends down and picks her up. "How are you feeling?" She blushes, "I'm ok the nice lady bandage my foot and the nice uncle over there gave me a lollipop." I turn my head and there on the couch sitting next to Jin Wook is no other the Minwoo with his red hair.

"Hyesung? Is that really you?" He asks. "I can't believe it. Well I can, but I didn't think you would come back with.....you know" he points at the kids. "Anyways, I can tell this isn't the time to talk about this, call me later Eric." He pats Eric shoulder and gives me hug. "It's great to have you back. He needs you now more than ever." He whispers into my ear, lets go of me, and then walks out of the office. No doubt he's off to tell his boyfriend about the news.

"Umma", Jin Wook calls me from the couch. I walk up to him and gather him in my arms holding him tightly to me.

"Yes baby?"

"I'm hungry."

"Neh umma, I'm hungry too." Sunkyu joins in.

"Uncle Junjin didn't feed you?" I questioned the both of them. They both shake their heads no. "Aish, where is that man." I say to no one in particular when the door opens again and Andy & Junjin walk in.

"Omo, hyung I'm so sorry." Junjin says to me bowing repeatedly while Andy rubs his back trying to comfort his guilty fiancé.

"Jin, don't worry about it. Eric needed to know one way or another. Isn't that what you told me at the airport" I say while stealing a glance at Eric. His face scrunches up when he hears those words.  

"I don't think now is the time for this. The kids are really hungry, and I think they would like something to eat. Right princess?" He asks Sunkyu with a smile.

"Neh, lets go eat!", she claps her hands together excitingly. He then places down Sunkyu and walks over to Andy. He brings Andy to the side and they begin to talk in hush whispers as Junjin and me are getting the kids ready to head back out. Once Eric and Andy are done talking, Eric wraps an arm around my waist. The feeling is familiar and comforting; however, at the same time strange. We made our way to the parking lot and found Eric's car. He helped me strapped the kids in. I noticed that  Jin Wook was being too quiet which only happens when he thinks too much. I made a note to ask him later about it. 

 I was silent throughout most of the car ride the only sound in the car coming from Jin Wook and Sunkyu who were asking Eric all sorts of questions, which he happily answered. It really amazed me how well Sunkyu and Jin Wook were responding to him; they usually don't act as comfortable with people they just met. Maybe a part of them knows that Eric is their father, but maybe that's just me trying to hope for the best. We suddenly pull up to a familiar apartment complex, take the kids from the back, and step into the elevator, Eric pushes the button to that floor, and we are soon entering the apartment. I look around and everything is exactly the same except for some furniture. The kids roam the house excitedly when suddenly they let out a squeal.

"Umma look!" Jin Wook says pointing to the couch in the living room were Sunkyu is sitting. Jin Wook drags me towards that direction and in front of me is a small bundle of brown fur. It stirs awake and opens it tiny eyes. It looks at me with a confused look and then looks at my children with the same look. He then goes to my son's lap and curls back into a ball. Jin Wook looks so excited and Sunkyu sits next to her brother to pet the small unfamiliar brown dog. I begin to wonder when did Eric get himself a dog.

"Ah, I see you have met Gomdori." Eric says from behind me. I turn

Please log in to read the full chapter